Author Topic: New Album Rocks  (Read 6868 times)

Offline bradtech

• Spirit
New Album Rocks
« on: July 01, 2007, 12:06:11 am »
Good job King just bought the new album, and it's awesome.  Own every Mercyful Fate, King Diamond album, and this is rock solid.  Defiantly love hearing some new stuff.  Look forward to seeing you in Tulsa in May of 2008.   

Offline CorpseWithoutASoul

• Mad Arab
  • Heaven or Hell... where are we now?
Re: New Album Rocks
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 01:27:12 am »
It really is amazing how consistent that King Diamond is. Most bands are lucky to put out a few good albums in their career and pretty much everything that King and company put out is FUCKING EXCELLENT! Give Me Your Soul... Please is no exception.

Offline hellrider1

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 01:54:26 am »
another masterpiece from the king.......but did you realy expect anything less?he allways delivers what he promises

Offline blakkheart

• Banshee
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 10:47:31 am »
My review....  The Dead fucking rules!  I haven't heard an intro that great "SINCE FOREVER"!  lol  Neverending Hill great.  Every song has great parts in them, everyone is SO clear its insane.  Give me you soul...  He has it already!  The chorus in that is so excellent.  Livia really shines in that one as with The Dead.  Cold as ice, Shapes of Blakk and The Girl in the Bloody dress man that was great.  I gotta get my cd player in my car working again.  Thank you King, Pete, Mike, Andy, Matt, Livia and Magic.   It was worth waiting for IMO.  Staying Heavy and patiently waiting the tour.   \m/ \m/ \m/ :king:

Offline King Of Diamonds

• Possessed
  • I am many...We are one... The HIGHEST!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 09:18:40 am »
Although I thought that the album was great after the intitial first listen, it has grown on me even more the more I continue listening to it. Total masterpiece!  \m/ BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR HANDS DOWN. Can't wait for the tour!! :cool:

Offline Shagr

• Mandrake
  • Whoopy-fucking-doo.
    • Shagrmeister
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 10:18:55 am »
Again.

It's a masterpiece.

Fantastic King Diamond, I admire your work.
You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

Offline Grinder

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 10:22:06 am »
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like it. *shrug*

Offline Shagr

• Mandrake
  • Whoopy-fucking-doo.
    • Shagrmeister
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 10:29:02 am »
Then press eject, take the disc out, put it in the case. Go to cd shelf. Pick up "Abigail". Take disc out of the case. Put it on the tray. Close the tray. Press play. Enjoy, it's King f****n Diamond.

Offline Kinzoku

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 10:40:48 am »
Although I thought that the album was great after the intitial first listen, it has grown on me even more the more I continue listening to it.

thats exactly how i felt. the more i listen to it, the more i love it.  i believe it really is one of his best yet! \m/ \m/

Offline Shagr

• Mandrake
  • Whoopy-fucking-doo.
    • Shagrmeister
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 10:42:26 am »
Totally agreed. After first listen...nahhh. But now I understand King's words so well.

Offline The Dark

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 12:45:43 pm »
Loved it right away and it's still getting better!!  I do believe the King is in top form!  :king:
Who's to say what's living in the Darkness?

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 02:28:47 pm »
It's like a love song for guitar freaks. Not since Conspiracy have I heard the guitars speak in volumes. I awoke extremely early Sunday morning to listen undisturbed from the family to give it my full attention. I haven't even really given the lyrics a good look as I've been trying to make them out myself. I usually listen to the music and read the lyrics at the same time, but this time went against my usual routine. Andy and Mike are totally unbelievable. Their rhythm riffs and solos are filled with energy and bursting with creativity. Hal's bass in right in your face. Especially in Is Anybody There?. And Matt's third arm sounds great! (sorry, had to put that in there) Matt is out of control, the drums sound great. I'm not sure why some are giving those odd criticisms. And King and Livia's voices are haunting and on the money. King's honed down his artwork. The addition of Livia only gives the vocals more depth. A female vocalist in the band was way overdue. And her inclusion into the band and King's life have been very inspirational. I haven't quite got the whole jist of the story yet. And the title song seems a little superfluous. I would've found it spooier if we didn't know how the little girl and her brother died. Other than that, Give Me Your Soul...Please rocks with energy. That 3/4 tune(can't remember the name)is a welcome tune, long absent since Tea.

Oh, the Mrs isn't happy that the kiddies LOVE the new cover, have been demanding what's behind the story and have started singing Moving On when I play it in the car. Well, she wasn't exactly awake yet. She now finds it cute that the kiddies want to sing "I wanna Rock"...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 02:30:45 pm by Huntsmænus »
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline bradtech

• Spirit
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 04:58:46 pm »
After listening to this album more, and more I agree with all you guys.  What I love about this album is that it's classic Mercyful Fate/King Diamond sounding stuff. King sticks to what he does best.  I hate seeing legends try to sound new or adapt their style.  This stuff is just as good as the old stuff, and I can't say that about some bands/artists new material.  From the first song to the end, I enjoy this album.  It is the shit, and I can't wait to see King live.  I told my friend that King had a new album, and was coming to Tulsa next year.  He thought I was lying, and bullshitting him.  I will continue jamming out to this album for years to come.

Rock on King you're the shit
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 05:17:40 pm by bradtech »

Offline Bones_xa

• Charon
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 07:36:42 pm »
After listening to this album more, and more I agree with all you guys.  What I love about this album is that it's classic Mercyful Fate/King Diamond sounding stuff. King sticks to what he does best.  I hate seeing legends try to sound new or adapt their style.  This stuff is just as good as the old stuff, and I can't say that about some bands/artists new material.  From the first song to the end, I enjoy this album.  It is the shit, and I can't wait to see King live.  I told my friend that King had a new album, and was coming to Tulsa next year.  He thought I was lying, and bullshitting him.  I will continue jamming out to this album for years to come.

Rock on King you're the shit
I agree!
And I really like your post, you said King sticks to what he does best and doesn't try to sound "new" or adapt his style too much.
Other people have complained that Kings albums sound too much alike (I don't really agree), but if it sounded too different it would not be King Diamond!

Offline Markus

• Possessed
  • I've seen the sickness of all mankind
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 08:09:29 am »
Hell yeah, the new album is great, and I also think it's better than "The Puppet Master". And this new one is really consistent, there's not many bad songs on there. The production of the album is probably among the best in the band's history.

I also like the story, of course! Although it's not maybe the best one and most "horror", but still great. The intro "The Dead" though, is probably on my top 3 of all KD's intro's...just splendid.
Bollnäs Metal Rules!

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 12:49:41 pm »
I agree that this album rocks. More I listen to it, better it sounds. \m/

Offline Lafeys Ghost

• The Preacher
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 04:54:58 pm »
this album is so freakin' amazing!  \m/ I actually shivered while King was singing "Cold as ice," spooky as hell

Offline diamondhead35

• Black Devil
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 08:10:05 pm »
Although I thought that the album was great after the intitial first listen, it has grown on me even more the more I continue listening to it. Total masterpiece!  \m/ BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR HANDS DOWN. Can't wait for the tour!! :cool:
i agree with you give me your soul please is album of the year king diamond does it again :king: :king: :king:

Offline bradtech

• Spirit
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 09:07:58 pm »
I agree!
And I really like your post, you said King sticks to what he does best and doesn't try to sound "new" or adapt his style too much.
Other people have complained that Kings albums sound too much alike (I don't really agree), but if it sounded too different it would not be King Diamond!

Yeah, I'm a big Ozzy fan also.  I didn't care much for his new album it sounded like Ozzy singing Black Label Society songs.  What I like about King's stuff is that it fits with all his material we loved.  I know as an artist it's nice to try new things, and expand in general.  I am just happy with King's new album because it's awesome.  It sounds like something him or MF would put out 10 years ago, and fits really nice.  It's a real good thing because I'm a big fan of rock from that era.  I love it because it goes right along with Melissa, or The Mad Arab.  It fits all the previous material real nicely.  You can't say the same thing when you jam out to Bark at the Moon, and then all of a sudden Black Rain comes on.  King is a master at what he does, and every song on this album is solid.  All his songs tell a story, and are interesting.  King surrounds himself around damn good musicians.  Just sit back, and listen to the guitar, and the rhytm of the songs.  Going all the way back to Mercyful Fate, it's all Superb, and of course nobody else in the world sounds like King. 

Offline RF900

• Unborn
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 11:18:21 pm »
I've been a fan of King's stuff (both KD and MF) for many years. I have seen both bands live many times.  I have to say that the new album is absolutely fantastic!   I like EVERY song (great riffs, heavy guitar, catchy choruses -- it's all there).  And the more I listen to it the more I like it! It's well produced and arranged -- the production is impeccable.  These songs are going to sound killer live.  I like all KD and MF albums, but I have to say that GMYSP is becoming one of my favorites.   \m/

Offline Markus

• Possessed
  • I've seen the sickness of all mankind
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2007, 06:34:35 am »
The album has already grown on me, yesterday I thought it was great...now it's even greater though!

There's like only one track that isn't that great, which is "Shapes Of Black"..but everyone else rocks :king:
Bollnäs Metal Rules!

Offline CorpseWithoutASoul

• Mad Arab
  • Heaven or Hell... where are we now?
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2007, 07:42:08 pm »
Yeah, I'm a big Ozzy fan also.  I didn't care much for his new album it sounded like Ozzy singing Black Label Society songs.  What I like about King's stuff is that it fits with all his material we loved.  I know as an artist it's nice to try new things, and expand in general.  I am just happy with King's new album because it's awesome.  It sounds like something him or MF would put out 10 years ago, and fits really nice.  It's a real good thing because I'm a big fan of rock from that era.  I love it because it goes right along with Melissa, or The Mad Arab.  It fits all the previous material real nicely.  You can't say the same thing when you jam out to Bark at the Moon, and then all of a sudden Black Rain comes on.  King is a master at what he does, and every song on this album is solid.  All his songs tell a story, and are interesting.  King surrounds himself around damn good musicians.  Just sit back, and listen to the guitar, and the rhytm of the songs.  Going all the way back to Mercyful Fate, it's all Superb, and of course nobody else in the world sounds like King. 

That's because Ozzy never writes any of his own music. On the other hand King does and does so masterfully.

Offline V.H77

• Mandrake
  • Mikkey Dee comes back ... Please!!!
    • http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=17160192256931624843
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2007, 09:12:46 pm »
Excellent album, but better would be with Mikkey Dee.  \m/
Albuns - Notes

Fatal Portrait - 9,5
Abigail - 10
Them - 10
Conspiracy - 10