Author Topic: Should.....  (Read 5474 times)

Offline Erickana

• Catacomb Crawler
Should.....
« on: July 04, 2007, 09:25:35 pm »
I just bought the new cd of Kind Diamond (my first one ever !!!) and now i want THEM all !!!!

Shoul i buy the remastered version of the albums, or the original is better ?
What is your opinion ?

I know that the first 4 albums , the remastered, have some bonus tracks, is worth it ?
I want for sure the Abigail 25th anniversary because of the dvd, Puppet Master Special edition for the same reason....
I know that some albums after Conspiracy are remastered, what is the difference ?
do you think its a good ideal to buy the last cd live, to help me to know better King Diamond, since the stores near me are still selling this one, but a lot of his olders albums are nowhere to be found around here ?
If i can't find THEM , then i will buy on ebay or amazon.....
What should i do ?
Thanks

Offline Jonathan LaFey

• Unclean Spirit
Re: Should.....
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 09:40:38 pm »
Just buy them all...I would recommend the most recent ones first...Abby 2, House of God, Puppets...

Offline Bones_xa

• Charon
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 09:41:07 pm »
What is your opinion ?

I know that the first 4 albums , the remastered, have some bonus tracks, is worth it?
I want for sure the Abigail 25th anniversary because of the dvd, Puppet Master Special edition for the same reason....
I know that some albums after Conspiracy are remastered, what is the difference ?

I don't know.
I just have the original albums.

do you think its a good ideal to buy the last cd live, to help me to know better King Diamond, since the stores near me are still selling this one, but a lot of his olders albums are nowhere to be found around here ?
What should i do ?
Thanks
You could get the live album but its just a small sample of the many songs and albums King Diamond have.

You will definitely have to buy the older albums from ebay or amazon, almost no music stores will have them.
Or you could goto your local music store and ask them to order them for you.
I have done that many times.

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 10:12:22 pm »
All the albums from Fatal Portrait to The Eye are remastered, The Eye is the only one that doesn't have any bonus material.

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 11:03:30 pm »
I would definately recommend the remastered versions, I think Abigail and Melissa both have great sound, plus you'll get awesome songs like Shrine and The Lake. If you are just getting into King Diamond, don't forget about Mercyful Fate. The contrast between them is great, but mostly in presentation. Enjoying both bands, you will see how diverse and impressive King Diamond really is.
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline King Of Diamonds

• Possessed
  • I am many...We are one... The HIGHEST!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 06:47:05 am »
Don't forget to buy all of the Mercyful Fate ones as well! :king:

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 08:09:11 am »
Let's face it, you have over 20 cds to buy!
I would also suggest going with the early KD stuff first. And yeah, try some MF too!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Verienkeli

• Lurker From The Dark
  • Ruumis leikkipuistossa
    • My account in Mikseri.net (in Finnish only)
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 08:20:54 am »
You will definitely have to buy the older albums from ebay or amazon, almost no music stores will have them.
Or you could goto your local music store and ask them to order them for you.
I have done that many times.

Things are a bit different here in Finland then.. Here you can find KD in every big supermarket, mostly the ones done for Roadrunner. At Hämeenlinna's Anttila there was something like ten copies of Abigail and a bit smaller quantities of the other albums. Every time I go to a bigger sized supermarket I like to check out how many KD albums they have and I put them to the front of their line so that everyone can see them just by passing by :fingers:

I wouldn't recommend you to get that live album, The Dark Sides nor Nightmares In The Nineties compilation, 'cause most of King's albums are concept albums so you will miss alot if you don't hear the whole concept.
The voice of Jouni Mömmö keeps haunting me.

Tredz

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 08:46:14 am »
I just bought the new cd of Kind Diamond (my first one ever !!!) and now i want THEM all !!!!

What is your opinion ?

I know that the first 4 albums , the remastered, have some bonus tracks, is worth it ?
What should i do ?
Thanks

pm sent if you are interested let me know  \m/

Offline Bones_xa

• Charon
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 11:51:54 am »
Things are a bit different here in Finland then.. Here you can find KD in every big supermarket, mostly the ones done for Roadrunner. At Hämeenlinna's Anttila there was something like ten copies of Abigail and a bit smaller quantities of the other albums. Every time I go to a bigger sized supermarket I like to check out how many KD albums they have and I put them to the front of their line so that everyone can see them just by passing by :fingers:
Ya it sure is different. I don't know about the U.S. but here in Canada there is almost no metal to buy in music stores. Only the very popular metal bands and only recent stuff. Some music stores do have a King Diamond section, but there is only 1 or 2 albums and only the most recent (like Puppet Master and the live album. Thats it).

Offline Verienkeli

• Lurker From The Dark
  • Ruumis leikkipuistossa
    • My account in Mikseri.net (in Finnish only)
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 12:17:27 pm »
Ya it sure is different. I don't know about the U.S. but here in Canada there is almost no metal to buy in music stores. Only the very popular metal bands and only recent stuff. Some music stores do have a King Diamond section, but there is only 1 or 2 albums and only the most recent (like Puppet Master and the live album. Thats it).

Metal is very trendy nowadays in Finland, first there was that success of Nightwish and HIM (at least they call themselves to be "love metal"... and well, Ville Valo is a big fan of King Diamond, started his musical career in a KD/MF cover band O_o), then after Lordi won the Eurovision song contest all the grannies and little kids are so into "heavy metal", and the last thing was that the Idols competition was won by Ari Koivunen, a real young metal jerk if you ask me... After all that it's no wonder that there was an article in Helsingin Sanomat's (biggest newspaper in Finland) week supplement about how heavy metal is dead 'cause there's nothing left of it's radicality, rebellion or danger, a bit sad 'cause I can't really disagree with it. No special feeling, it's now accepted music of the mainstream. It's quite rare to find any metal that would have some kind of mystery around it... King Diamond and a few doom bands still have it, thankfully.
The voice of Jouni Mömmö keeps haunting me.

Offline maarten.

• The mother of postwhores!
  • NCS Team
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 01:23:32 pm »
as much if you would disagree, but i would love it of metal was a little bit more mainstream here, that way i can find my cd's much faster, and i really don't give a damn if by that Nu metal and such became even more popular... hell, that only means that some britney fans move over to an other idiotic genre, who cares? the mainstream doesn't have taste anyway :P
how i wished Lordi was from Belgium... :'(

Neffie's penguin's

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 03:36:12 pm »
yeah get the remasters. Some cool bonus stuff and the sounds is still great!