Author Topic: Remasters from Mercyful Fate  (Read 4142 times)

Offline Erickana

• Catacomb Crawler
Remasters from Mercyful Fate
« on: July 15, 2007, 04:01:34 pm »
Since i just completed King Diamond's cds (except for the concert from 87), i'm trying to complete Mercyful Fate, i have already 4 albums: Return Vampire/Unknow/Dead Again/9....

I want Melissa 25th CD/DVD : Is this the best sound quality of this available ?
 And what about DBTOath and Beginning Remastered ?

In the Shadows and Time: Only one version available ?

Is this easy to find EP Bell Witch on cd ? or i better forget about it (like KD's concert from 87)

One more question : Is "Beginning" so rare in  America  ? can't  buy it on Amazon, and on Ebay only in europe. I know a store (30 minutes from my house) with a 1 copy left  $22, Should i buy it or wait for cheaper price on Ebay ?

« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 04:19:57 pm by Erickana »

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
Re: Remasters from Mercyful Fate
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 05:41:19 pm »
The Melissa Re-Master is great. I bought Melissa on CD back in 1988 and the remaster makes some of the vocals really stand out, especially on the title track. Plus the remaster has the cool DVD and all of the bonus tracks, some of which are found on the Beginning.
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 06:50:13 pm »
Erickana sure asks a lot of questions!
Yes, get the remasters!
Don't worry about In the Shadows and Time, they sound great, just like 9, Into the Unknown and Dead again.

And if, as I told you before  :D you check out gemm.com, you'll have no trouble finding IN concert or the Bell witch ep. They are both essential btw!

And tell your friend to listen to the Black Rose cd one more time! He probably listened to it once and thought it didn't sound like Abigail, so it was crap.
That cd is as essential to your collection as any other one.
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 06:52:51 pm »
and once you're done, check out the KD/MF dvd bootlegs thread in the sell or trade section, 'cos you need all those dvds too!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 06:55:13 pm by Beelzebub »
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Erickana

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 07:49:30 pm »
I bought Black Rose, on ebay, i will get within 2 weeks. can't wait to give it a good chance !
Thanks for your input !

Offline Markus

• Possessed
  • I've seen the sickness of all mankind
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 04:10:57 pm »
Btw. when talking remasters...sorry for going off-topic now but:

Does anyone have the Re-master of the KD album "Them" ? I have it and it doesn't sound remastered at all? It sounds very much like the 'normal' version of the album....which I think is really strange :P
Bollnäs Metal Rules!