Author Topic: So whats the deal with the remaster of Conspiracy?  (Read 7345 times)

Offline Maggotcrusher666

• You Are "9"
So whats the deal with the remaster of Conspiracy?
« on: August 04, 2007, 07:57:33 pm »
So my copy of Conspiracy finally became scratched enough to where Victimized won't play anymore and I figured I should finally buy the remaster of this great album so that I could read the liner notes and hear what it sounds like finally.  The only problem is I am having one hell of a time finding it.  This is probably the only King Diamond album I've never in my life seen new on a shelf at any record store and finding it online doesn't seem to be any easier.  I know Century Media had it but they seem to have sold out any remaining copies and none of my other favorite distro sites have it either.  Earlier I asked the guy at the record store if he could order it for me and of course he said he could only order the two from the vault version with "Them".  So does anyone know where I can order the Remaster of Conspiracy without having to resort to ordering the two from the vault version?

Offline Maggotcrusher666

• You Are "9"
Re: So whats the deal with the remaster of Conspiracy?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 08:36:54 pm »
Hmm I guess I didn't think to check if any sellers from the US were selling through Amazon.  Thanks for the link!  Still I find it strange that amazon itself doesn't have the album.  I wonder why the distribution for this is so terrible.

Offline Spiderlady

• You Are "9"
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 08:40:03 pm »
funny I remember when it was new and I was never going to buy a remaster, it was like sacriledge. It was all over the record stores here, now it's so hard to get.

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 08:55:46 pm »
Well, it was released some time ago. And I'm sure there weren't that many copies made. Amazon's gotta have a private seller that might have it or e-bay. I still have the original CD...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline desecrator_of_soul

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
  • Oh Satan, I beseech thee to have mercy on my soul!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 09:00:03 pm »
I feel your pain, my niece broke it when she was 1 or 2, and it took me 2 years to find it again, luckily I came across it at a record store in Hollywood called Amoeba... It was painful not having that album for 2 years  :'(

Offline Maggotcrusher666

• You Are "9"
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 09:59:56 pm »
I feel your pain, my niece broke it when she was 1 or 2, and it took me 2 years to find it again, luckily I came across it at a record store in Hollywood called Amoeba... It was painful not having that album for 2 years  :'(

Funny thing is when I was about to leave to CA for vacation a couple weeks ago all I kept thinking about was how I'd be able to pick it up there but unfortunately they didn't have it ( or many other King Diamond albums for that matter ). :(  The weird thing is my record store here has 4 copies of "The Eye" remaster.  You'd think that one would be just as hard if not harder to find.

Offline Verienkeli

• Lurker From The Dark
  • Ruumis leikkipuistossa
    • My account in Mikseri.net (in Finnish only)
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 08:25:25 am »
At Hämeenlinna's Anttila (a supermarket company in Finland, selling clothes, toys, dvd's, electronic stuff, cd's and so on) they were selling Conspiracy for two euros as a part of big low-price sale after christmas, and there was like twenty copies of that.. oh why didn't I buy a bunch of those, now I could be giving them away as gifts or something.

And as I've mentioned before, in Finland you can find all those Roadrunner releases everywhere. Not a bad place to live at all..
The voice of Jouni Mömmö keeps haunting me.

Offline maarten.

• The mother of postwhores!
  • NCS Team
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 09:32:29 am »
i think i'm going to make a trip to finland... i have to order everything that i want here... they only have death metal over here (and if they have heavy, then it's only the better know bands... pffft)

the conspiracy remaster is really hard to find here too, i bought it second hand

Neffie's penguin's

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 04:31:41 pm »
It's my favorite KD album and I only have the vinyl.
Must have the remastered cd for the car.
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 07:04:15 pm »
huh.  Never had that problem. 

every thing that has nipples

Offline metal cecilio

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 10:39:29 pm »
I had no hard work finding that cd, i live in LA CAlifornia (usa) i got mines in a store called dark realm records.

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 12:40:26 am »
At Hämeenlinna's Anttila (a supermarket company in Finland, selling clothes, toys, dvd's, electronic stuff, cd's and so on) they were selling Conspiracy for two euros as a part of big low-price sale after christmas, and there was like twenty copies of that.. oh why didn't I buy a bunch of those, now I could be giving them away as gifts or something.

And as I've mentioned before, in Finland you can find all those Roadrunner releases everywhere. Not a bad place to live at all..

Actually I picked up a lot of metal CDs in Tampere when I was there in November.  for such a small city you have GREAT stores for Metal.

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 01:10:04 am »
I had no hard work finding that cd, i live in LA CAlifornia (usa) i got mines in a store called dark realm records.
How is that store? and what part of LA is it at?

Offline Maggotcrusher666

• You Are "9"
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 01:33:47 am »
How is that store? and what part of LA is it at?

Ooh an awesome shop!  I also stopped by there twice when I was visiting CA in hopes of finding Conspiracy as well as other things.  Its in Downey, CA and its run by a couple of the guys from Sadistic Intent.  They have some really great obscure t-shirts and a lot of good albums.  They didn't have much for King Diamond when I stopped by aside from King Diamond and Black Rose which I've been meaning to pick up.

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 01:51:01 am »
Ooh an awesome shop!  I also stopped by there twice when I was visiting CA in hopes of finding Conspiracy as well as other things.  Its in Downey, CA and its run by a couple of the guys from Sadistic Intent.  They have some really great obscure t-shirts and a lot of good albums.  They didn't have much for King Diamond when I stopped by aside from King Diamond and Black Rose which I've been meaning to pick up.
O reall!? Proto metal or more new stuff?

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 06:35:18 am »
You can actually get the remaster of both Them and Conspiracy on the same cd.  This one is actually easier to find then just Conspiracy.  They have it in almost every record store around here. 

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 07:20:05 am »
You can actually get the remaster of both Them and Conspiracy on the same cd.  This one is actually easier to find then just Conspiracy.  They have it in almost every record store around here. 
Very true, but he doesn't want that one.  Maybe he should jut get that one to play and keep his "originals" scratch free.  I know the duo cd is only like $12 and very accessible, even at places like Best Buy (which seems to never have anything).

Offline Maggotcrusher666

• You Are "9"
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 01:48:10 pm »
Yep I'd really like to avoid the two from the vault one.  Besides I've never even got to read the extended liner notes for Conspiracy and I know that those don't have them.  A friend of mine who works at a record shop recently told me that all the roadrunner two from the vault series are now out of print meaning Conspiracy could be very hard to come by in a couple years.

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 02:39:56 pm »
Besides I've never even got to read the extended liner notes for Conspiracy and I know that those don't have them. 
Good point.

Offline Satan's Portrait

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 05:32:13 pm »
Hmm. I saw the remaster at FYE the other day. Never had much trouble finding any KD material, except for some of the 90s MF stuff like Time and Into The Unknown.

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 05:47:20 pm »
Hmm. I saw the remaster at FYE the other day. Never had much trouble finding any KD material, except for some of the 90s MF stuff like Time and Into The Unknown.
Same here.  I would do like maarten said and try to find the original at a used cd store.  I found 2 that way myself.