Author Topic: Questions on The Eye  (Read 30217 times)

Offline EvilPat

• Unclean Spirit
Re: Questions on The Eye
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2007, 08:00:56 am »
I managed to use a cheap (more like free) drum program for my album.  I actually managed to fool quite a few people into thinking that it was a real drummer just by them listening alone and no comment from me.  The patterns are much more complex as well, and I'm not even a drummer.

With a professional sounding production and an experienced drummer doing the programming, the drums on the Eye should have sounded a lot better.

There.  I said it.  Remember that this is all my opinion.  Argue, but don't criticize.

What's the name of your programm? I'm curious, because I'm experimenting with such programms as well. You can hear some of my songs here:

http://www.abaddonsbreed.de.vu/

Offline hellrider1

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2007, 05:48:17 pm »
Just to put the issue to rest. That is a drum MACHINE used on that recording. It was PROGRAMMED by Snowy Shaw in the studio. The only e-drum used during the recording was when they sampled sounds into the drum MACHINE.

Didnt king himself say it wasnt a machine?why would you continue saying it is when the man himself said it wasnt.That should have ended it.

Offline Nocturne Wraith

• Haunted
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2007, 07:10:56 pm »
What's the name of your programm? I'm curious, because I'm experimenting with such programms as well. You can hear some of my songs here:

http://www.abaddonsbreed.de.vu/

I use Sequbeat 6.7  You should be able to download it right now for free within a few minutes.  Click on my sig to hear the songs from my first demo last year.

Offline returntosatan

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2007, 06:28:42 pm »
To really appreciate the depth of The Eye and all that is going on in the music  you must listen to it during an acid trip.  :D:
This is really one of the best albums to do it to as well, and once you do all the nuances will stick in your mind,.

Offline Bones_xa

• Charon
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2007, 08:17:10 pm »
To really appreciate the depth of The Eye and all that is going on in the music  you must listen to it during an acid trip.  :D:
This is really one of the best albums to do it to as well, and once you do all the nuances will stick in your mind,.
During an acid trip? lol. I can only imagine.
I listened to the Judas Priest "Painkiller" album on acid once before many years ago. (Back in my old days). It forever changed my perception of this album.

Offline Bloodfreak

• Lady In Black
  • THRASH ATTACK
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2007, 08:20:42 am »
The eye is an absolut fantastic album. Buy it! And btw, as King said in an interview: There is no drum-machine, theres an e-drum. Thats a big difference. A drum-machine gets programmed, an e-drum gets played (on that album by Snowy Shaw). Here is an interview with King about this topic:

IRIS: Messiah Marcolin told Bill Zebub that on the album The Eye it’s all a drum machine. A drummer named Chris Hawkins said that the style of drumming didn’t match Snowy Shaw at all.

KING DIAMOND: I wonder what he would know about it since he was not even part of it. He probably has talked to Snowy, and Snowy was like (King imitates Snowy, cracking up Iris again). He was playing on electronic drum pads, and that’s why you hear a very consistent sound.

http://www.thegrimoire.com/king_diamond22.htm

Does anyone have that interview on Video? It´s available on the page for 8$ (it´s written at the bottom of the interview in yellow font)

Offline Buko

• Banshee
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2007, 12:32:09 am »
You don´t need any info.Just go and buy it.It´s worth it like any other Diamond/Fate release.Nuff said! \m/ \m/ \m/