Author Topic: Got the Puppet Master...great album  (Read 5510 times)

Offline Greentea

• Up From The Grave
Got the Puppet Master...great album
« on: July 26, 2007, 08:38:07 pm »
Just now getting into King Diamond. I started around 4 years ago and started to get into the band but just now really getting into them. I have Conspiracy which personally aside from 3 songs I didn't love that much. I have Spider's Lullabye which is fantastic and just got Puppet Master which is pretty good so far. I still need to listen more. The sound is fantastic just the songs tend to be a tad over repetitive. But the mixing is great, KD's vocals are not too loud for once. The title track kicks ass.

What album should I get next? The new one or something else?

Offline Spiderlady

• You Are "9"
Re: Got the Puppet Master...great album
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 08:47:51 pm »
Def get the new one! Also "The Eye" is a good one if you don't have it.

Offline Hammerheart

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 09:06:25 pm »
The three best King Diamond albums imo is The Eye, Abaigail, and Voodoo. If you love those albums, buy them all. However, you may want to buy The Graveyard last, as it's King's weakest album. It is still, however, better than 90% of other bands best material out there.

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 10:25:49 pm »
What album should I get next? The new one or something else?
It doesn't matter, if you're going to buy them all.

Offline deader79

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 03:38:34 am »
As ironically stated in many commercial music reviews, King Diamond as a musician, whether it be with his solo band, or Mercyful Fate, has never put out a bad album. Not many artists have that reputation no matter how big or popular they are. King Diamond as an artist is independant enough to control his own output without pressure from corporate higher ups. This is not only my opinion, it is a general concensus around the music world in which I have read or heard more than just a few times by not only fans of his, but non-fans and critics as well. He is very unique in the sense that he has never put out crap to beat a deadline or fullfill contract obligations. So buy what you can get your hands on!!!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 03:41:21 am by deader79 »

Offline EmperorPalpatine

• Mandrake
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 05:39:35 am »
The last one is outstanding!!!!!!!!! :fingers: But you shoul by all classic stuff- from Fatal portrait to the EYE. And then all the others. They are all great!

Offline darkearthrising

• Possessed
  • Dum Spiro Spero
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 05:46:49 am »
If you wanna get a new King Diamond album then get "THE" new King Diamond album eh? Give me your soul....Please. makes sense!  Then theirs Deadly lullabyes (live), The puppet master, Abigail, Abigail 2 the revenge, House of god, Voodoo, The graveyard, The spiders lullabye, The eye, Conspiracy, Them, the dark sides, fatal portrait, 20 years ago a night of rehearsals..ect..ect... yea i know you`ve already got a couple a those but i was on a roll. hehe.. i can do Mercyful fate too if ya want? :D:
I'm Not Famous! Its mistaken identity. Honest!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p120/darkearthrisi

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 07:05:51 am »
I thought King really out did himself with the Puppet Master!  I thought it was his best in every way.  I was hoping the new album was going to be more like that one was instead of the same old thing.
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 08:51:46 am »
it's pretty tough to beat 'Them' or 'Abigail' if you want the classic stuff. my personal favorite of the older albums is 'The Eye', mainly because the guitars sound more intense than usual, at least to me. the new one, 'Give me your soul.....please' is outstanding as well. you really can't go wrong no matter which King Diamond you decide to get next. I kind of envy anyone who is just getting into King and is exploring the whole catalogue for the first time.....you're in for some truly great stuff.
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 09:01:20 am »
The thing about King's albums is that they are all so different, yet so good.  Although some are better than others, they are all unique in specific ways.  You have to possess a special understanding of music in order to be in touch with King and Andy's music and appreciate how good it truly is.   That's the thing about King, you either dont like him at all or you LOVE him the most.  There's no in between. 

every thing that has nipples

Offline Greentea

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 05:53:55 pm »
I may check out the Eye next. When I was downloading songs a few years, Eye of the Witch was a pretty awesome song. Course I stopped that downloading nonsense because it's wrong and should be illegal. I don't care what anyone says...I'd rather buy a brand new cd and give the artist money even if it isn't much then steal.

I haven't had time to read the story line behind Puppet Master so I need to read up. I plan on watching the DVD tonight. I had no idea it came with a DVD, that's awesome. The mixing and the sound on the album is terrific.

So far I still like Spider's Lullabye the best, at least musically. The production is very weak. Did someone forget to master it? It's got no eq at all it seems. Other then that I love it.

I might add I have Mercyful Fate's In the Shadows which was a pretty good album but I bought it back in 1993 on cassette so I don't remember it much.

And then of course I will get the new album. I started reading some interviews on the King and I had no idea he moved to the United States...I thought he was still in Denmark. Funny thing is he lives in Frisco, TX...I thought I read which isn't too far from me in Fort Worth. I'd like to see the band live and see they are playing in Dallas next year if I read right.

Offline Spiderlady

• You Are "9"
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 06:25:00 pm »
if you are that close, you MUST go to a show. You will love it, guaranteed!

Offline Hammerheart

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 09:15:11 pm »
There is absolutly NOTHING wrong with downloading an album to preview it. If you like it and go out and buy it, then it's OK. The thing I hate the most is buying an album and taking it home and being absolutly dissapointed! As far as King and Fate goes, you can blindly buy any album of theirs cause their ALL brilliant (I was a little dissapointed w/ The GRAVEYARD.)

Offline dx466

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 10:29:22 pm »
Personally The Graveyard and Abigail were my favs along with the new one.

Offline Verienkeli

• Lurker From The Dark
  • Ruumis leikkipuistossa
    • My account in Mikseri.net (in Finnish only)
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 11:14:08 pm »
There is absolutly NOTHING wrong with downloading an album to preview it. If you like it and go out and buy it, then it's OK. The thing I hate the most is buying an album and taking it home and being absolutly dissapointed! As far as King and Fate goes, you can blindly buy any album of theirs cause their ALL brilliant (I was a little dissapointed w/ The GRAVEYARD.)

I used to do that too a few years ago, but then I realized that it decreases the feeling of getting new records. It got much more interesting and exciting when I stopped downloading and heard music for the first time when I actually bought the record.

But I'm not saying that what you're doing is wrong, it's a good thing if you at least buy some albums, many people don't do that at all..
The voice of Jouni Mömmö keeps haunting me.