Author Topic: St Louis show - POPS  (Read 29531 times)

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
Re: St Louis show - POPS
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2007, 10:45:25 am »
Maybe its one of those clubs where a guy goes if he wants to see a transvestite in a rubber martian suit.
You've been to one of those places too?!

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2007, 11:44:02 am »
You've been to one of those places too?!
No baby...Ive got you now, come on.   :D

every thing that has nipples

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2007, 12:09:40 pm »
No baby...Ive got you now, come on.   :D
Oh, well I moonlight at one of those places.  I'm the rubber suit.   :gah:

I can't help but be a smart ass.  I just can't.  You know me.

Offline RIGOR_MORTIS

• Gypsy
  • It looks like, uh, Rigor Mortis is setting in.
    • RIGOR MORTIS
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2007, 12:15:11 pm »
I'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!!    :king:   \m/

I'm sure I'll be wearing my RIGOR MORTIS T-shirt  (Go Figure) 
http://www.myspace.com/rigormortis

I hope to see you all there!!! w00t!

I've been to POP's ALOT for metal shows.  It's harmless.  Sure the area itself is seedy, but it's a dang good time.  Sunday night drinking... sounds good.  There's a couple strip clubs around.  Table dances are a complete rip off, so if anyone thinking about it, be prepared to get teased for $40.  If drinking is the goal, a strip club is a tad pricey.  I say we just drink at POP's.  Someone else from STL/IL help me out, but I've drank there til 8 am...  Does it close after the show?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 12:23:42 pm by RIGOR_MORTIS »
Laughing while pulling their tongues from their heads... HE is the WIZARD OF GORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2007, 12:26:03 pm »
I'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!!    :king:   \m/

I'm sure I'll be wearing my RIGOR MORTIS T-shirt  (Go Figure) 
http://www.myspace.com/rigormortis

I hope to see you all there!!! w00t!

I've been to POP's ALOT for metal shows.  It's harmless.  Sure the area itself is seedy, but it's a dang good time.  Sunday night drinking... sounds good.  There's a couple strip clubs around.  Table dances are a complete rip off, so if anyone thinking about it, be prepared to get teased for $40.  If drinking is the goal, a strip club is a tad pricey.  I say we just drink at POP's.  Someone else from STL/IL help me out, but I've drank there til 8 am...  Does it close after the show?
Hail Rigor!  Another additon to the clan.  Sounds good.  Yea we can always stay at POPS or get a place.  Still deciding. 

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2007, 12:45:16 pm »
Blade told me there's a strip club next to POPS.  I've never been to the venue.  I haven't been to STL for YEARS, and never was in Sauget, IL!  He said the place looks pretty shady though, and he didn't even want to walk in there. 
PT's is the stripper place. And the OZ nightclub is there too. Pops is a 24 hour nightclub. After the show, grab a stool and some drinks!!  \m/
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 12:48:44 pm by TwilightKing »

Offline RIGOR_MORTIS

• Gypsy
    • RIGOR MORTIS
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2007, 12:52:17 pm »
I thought so! w00t!  So where are people going to gather?  Is there going to be a tailgate?  If there's one thing I know, is that meeting people from a a board causes instant laughter.  I don't know what it is, but putting a REAL face to posts in person puts a grin on my face 10 miles wide.  It's the bizzarreness of it.  Anyways, if I meet anyone and I have a stupid grin on my face or start laughing, it's me, not you.  I expect the same from others as well.  Gosh, maybe I should post a pic of myself in the picture thread first...  :P
Laughing while pulling their tongues from their heads... HE is the WIZARD OF GORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline -lg-

• "Grandma"
  • It's a bool! A bad-gunky blood-bool!
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2007, 12:52:32 pm »
Pops is a 24 hour nightclub. After the show, grab a stool and some drinks!!  \m/
Drinks are served 24 hours?  Is that usual for most places there?

Here in Connecticut, no place can serve alcohol after 2am (and no liquor store can be open after 9pm or at all on Sunday, heh), so a 24 hour drinking venue is unusual to me.

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2007, 01:04:13 pm »
  Yea we can always stay at POPS or get a place.  Still deciding. 
Remember we will still need our "time" sweetie.  It's going to be tough making it through the whole show...hell, the whole drive...here I go again.
I will need some drinking time with my CWW friends though.  Hey!  Wait a minute!  Mega's just trying to get me really drunk isn't he?!  OH NOES!

@RM- We'll probably all be laughing.  It will be surreal indeed.

@ lg- Here in Illinois we need our alcohol.  We'd all kill each other if we had rules like that.  Some places (like Pike county) are dry on Sundays (found that out a couple years ago).  But up north where I live (by Chicago) we NEED our liquor.  And we have Mayor Daley here remember- Irish family running the show.  \m/ 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 02:27:21 pm by camarochick »

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2007, 05:29:53 pm »
Remember we will still need our "time" sweetie.  It's going to be tough making it through the whole show...hell, the whole drive...here I go again.
Im probably going to come to your place earlier on in the week.  If the Chicago show is Friday, and the POPS show is SAT, then you can pick me up at the airport Wed night.  That way we can spend a few days together (get it all out, if that's possible...doubt it) and drive to POPS on Sat. 

Rigor- its gonna be a cool experience man.   :cool:

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2007, 06:02:54 pm »
That way we can spend a few days together (get it all out, if that's possible...doubt it) 
Yea, IF.  Ok- sure.

Offline bladestone9

• Owner Of The "LOA" House
  • Taste Religion...Lick A Witch!
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2007, 02:13:53 pm »
Hey I live about an hour away in Farmington Now. I will be in one of my Mustangs(probably Magic) Blasting KING and saying fuck alot. I will most likely have my Bro Randall with me, maybe my wife but I doubt it, she doesn't like KING much. I will be wearing my THEM shirt. I can't wait to see you all. Oh and Mega, I have never been in either or any strip club for that fact. I find titty bars kinda lame. Why pay to have some girl shake her boobs in your face. Doesn't make sence to me. My Dad was a Transvestite....I am being serious about that. He really was, it was a big embarassment for me for most my life, but I have come to terms with it now. Anyway, I will be trying to get autographs from who ever I can. That's my insanity though.  :king: \m/
I CAN'T GO TO HELL...SATAN STILL HAS THAT RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME.

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2007, 07:22:03 pm »
Anyway, I will be trying to get autographs from who ever I can.
Blade wants my autograph.  ::)  Hey don't all laugh so hard- it may be worth something someday if I ever get that top fuel dragster..... Oh to go 330+ mph in the quarter mile!  I would do ANYTHING! Almost anyway.  :cool:

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2007, 11:59:20 pm »
My Dad was a Transvestite....I am being serious about that.
Holy shit dude.  My condolences. 

Offline bladestone9

• Owner Of The "LOA" House
  • Taste Religion...Lick A Witch!
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2007, 11:42:29 am »
Holy shit dude.  My condolences. 
Hey it's cool, After talking to my doctor, and believe it or not watching shows like Oprah, and even Springer I realized that I was not alone, and that My Dad was a pretty cool dude, and He really was an awesome Dad. I finally realized that It was cool to love Him for who He was. I still didn't want to see him dressed up, but I had come to terms with it. After He died another realization occured to me....There was nothing to be embarassed about. Being gay, and being a Transvestite has become acceptable unlike when I was a teen. So I talk about it now. I love my Dad, He even would jam KING and KISS with me in the car. He roadied once for a Death Metal band when He was 61 years old. He was a crazy fucker who did not give a shit what people thought. He would make you laugh your ass off. Always doing something funny. He was married to my MOM for 35 years, and died of an unexpected and very sudden heart attack on Dec. 5th 2001. He died in my MOMs arms with me holding his hand. I miss the old man and if I could go back in time the one thing I would change is I would have made him go to the doctor and get checked out a year before(His heart ripped open it's a very rare type of heart attack). He smoked 4 to 6 packs of cigs a day, ate salt sandwiches.....Here is a picture of him

I CAN'T GO TO HELL...SATAN STILL HAS THAT RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME.

Offline diamondhead35

• Black Devil
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2007, 12:53:45 am »
i would love to go to st.louis to see king diamond with you guys.but iam chicken shit of planes of 9/11

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2007, 07:44:58 am »
i would love to go to st.louis to see king diamond with you guys.but iam chicken shit of planes of 9/11
Don't be dude- planes aren't the problem.  I think now passengers would have no problem taking out any bad guys on a flight.  ~200 people can easily overpower 4-5 people.  Besides, flying is a LOT safer than any other mode of transportation.  I flown numerous times since 9/11 and I know you can't board a plane anymore without the thought crossing your mind.  But I really do think you're pretty safe if you were to go to St. Louis.

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2007, 08:39:05 am »
You are far more likley to die driving, just by a wrecking the car, than you are flying, via terrorist attack and wreck put together.

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2007, 10:38:23 am »
The stip clubs are PT's Sports Cabaret and the Penthouse Club, and they are both very nice and completely safe.  My brother and I will be at one or both before the show.  Matt was gonna go with use after the show last time, but all the smoke made him sick.  We just talked for awhile before the show, and one of the guys from Black Dalia Murder smoked all my cigs.  We should all hang out there an hour or two before the show.
The new Seeing Seven album "Genesis III" out now! www.seeingseven.com

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2007, 05:18:37 pm »
OK- Who's all really going to come to this show.  I will be there; I promised TK a LONG time ago.  I am about absolutely certain he'll be there, along with lightnin, blade, rigor, and spidey.  That makes 6 coven members including myself.  I am just curious to know who is really going to show up to this show for sure.

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2007, 07:42:03 am »
OK- Who's all really going to come to this show.  I will be there; I promised TK a LONG time ago.  I am about absolutely certain he'll be there, along with lightnin, blade, rigor, and spidey.  That makes 6 coven members including myself.  I am just curious to know who is really going to show up to this show for sure.

You know I'll be there dear.  However, I may be a little tired, because I've decided to come to Chicago the night before even if I have to come by myself! :king:

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2007, 03:12:47 pm »
You know I'll be there dear.  However, I may be a little tired, because I've decided to come to Chicago the night before even if I have to come by myself! :king:
YESSSS!!!!!  \m/
You know I live less than 20 minutes from the Chicago (Mokena) venue so I'll be there, then I'm going straight to STL after the show.  I'm not sure if I'll drive or fly yet.  Either way you (and whoever else comes with) should come with me.  It's always more fun to travel with someone else if possible.  We'll just have to save the heavy drinking until POPS so we don't wear our aging asses out! lol 

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2007, 07:41:07 am »
YESSSS!!!!!  \m/
You know I live less than 20 minutes from the Chicago (Mokena) venue so I'll be there, then I'm going straight to STL after the show.  I'm not sure if I'll drive or fly yet.  Either way you (and whoever else comes with) should come with me.  It's always more fun to travel with someone else if possible.  We'll just have to save the heavy drinking until POPS so we don't wear our aging asses out! lol 

Since I live near STL, you could ride back with us Saturday and fly home Monday sometime.  One way flight would be cheaper I'd think.  PM me if you wanna work something out.

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2007, 06:05:23 pm »
Since I live near STL, you could ride back with us Saturday and fly home Monday sometime.  One way flight would be cheaper I'd think.  PM me if you wanna work something out.
That's not such a terrible idea actually.  I'll talk to you more once I can get flight info- it's too early yet.  It would be boring to go all by myself, and since a couple of other KD fans are headed that way....   

Offline RIGOR_MORTIS

• Gypsy
    • RIGOR MORTIS
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2007, 10:15:05 am »
I'm still there!!!!!  That's going to freakin rock.