Author Topic: What if King Diamond became a Christian?  (Read 92222 times)

Offline Verienkeli

• Lurker From The Dark
  • Ruumis leikkipuistossa
    • My account in Mikseri.net (in Finnish only)
Re: What if King Diamond became a Christian?
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2007, 02:15:18 am »
If King (or anyone else) would be sacrificing babies and burning churches, it would be quite possible that he would change his beliefs (well, in King's case he would've probably done it decades ago), but as he is a satanist in the LaVeyan way, it's not that radical, so it's unlikely that it would be just a perioid in his life. Like jews don't too often turn into christians, I suppose LaVeyan satanists don't do it too much either. It's the baby killers who do so.
The voice of Jouni Mömmö keeps haunting me.

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2007, 09:59:21 am »

Offline Raven

• Black Devil
    • Beyond Eternal
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2007, 08:09:50 am »
I'm also of the mindset of it wouldn't fucking matter. Some carry on as it Christianity (note this does not reflect the 'catholic church' and it's wrong doings, every major religion has had bullshit like that, but refers more to the core teachings that are there) is such a 'bad' thing. Everyone believes in something. The teachings of Jesus Christ or Anton Lavay or Budhism or whatever, all equals the same thing, but in the end everyone believes in "something". Atheism for example is still a belief system.
If he became a Christian, it would have no bearing on the music he creates (Hell, Tom from Slayer is a Christian) Religion and Music are two different entities. Sadly a lot of people cannot seperate the two. "Oh, he isn't credible now that we know he loves baby Jesus..."  sorry but that mindset is for lack of a better word "bullshit"  if you are a fan of a bands music it doesn't matter what religion the members follow or whether or not the drummer masterbates during shows or they are raging drug addicts or alcoholics or the singer prances around like a fairy on stage (Scott Weiland comes to mind on that one lol)  Enjoy the music for what it is.

I get tired of the "Satan" band wagon jumpers, believing it's 'cool' to bash Christianity and calling themselves Satanists when the truth of the matter is they have never once attended a Satanic ceremony or even read a bible (either side of the fence) same goes for the twats who become 'born again' Christian. Most of those are phony douchebags too so it goes for 'both sides' 

Believe in God, Believe in Lavay Satanism's teachings, believe in the mystical potato no one should waste time out of their day caring what you believe in.

Though, the scenario of King becoming  Christian isn't going to happen, as he has no reason to make such a drastic change to his beliefs.
 :king:
"Now I hear deceiving lying tongues...never have I done no harm to anyone..."

Offline RIGOR_MORTIS

• Gypsy
  • It looks like, uh, Rigor Mortis is setting in.
    • RIGOR MORTIS
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2007, 08:13:49 am »
He most likely wouldnt even if he became Christian.  But honestly there is some older Christian metal out there that sounds really good regardless of what they are talking about...Deliverence, Believer, etc. 

Dude, Believer's Sanity Obsure friggin rocks.  Those violins in that song I can't spell :  Des irie (sp?)  friggin jams.  (Instrumental one)
Deliverence: Weapons of our Warfare was good too.

If all you care about is anything "non-Christian", you're really missing out. 

Not to mention, there's nothing wrong with having faith in Jesus Chirst.   I can't help it if King Diamond writes killer songs against it all.  I'm there for the metal and to be entertained.   I don't totally have his beliefs, but that's ok.  We're all on this mudball for too short of time to bicker at eachother.

JOHN 3:16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   \m/
Laughing while pulling their tongues from their heads... HE is the WIZARD OF GORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2007, 08:44:57 am »
  We're all on this mudball for too short of time to bicker at eachother.
So true! 

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2007, 09:44:05 am »
Dude, Believer's Sanity Obsure friggin rocks.  Those violins in that song I can't spell :  Des irie (sp?)  friggin jams.  (Instrumental one)
Deliverence: Weapons of our Warfare was good too.
Awesome albums!  Sanity Obscure is one of my favorites. :D \m/

As far as one's religious beliefs go, worship whomever you want.  If other's dont like it, fuck em.  No one should have to explain themselves to anyone.  Its what it means to YOU that counts.  Be who you want to be. 

every thing that has nipples

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2007, 11:56:49 am »
As far as one's religious beliefs go, worship whomever you want.  If other's dont like it, fuck em.  No one should have to explain themselves to anyone.  Its what it means to YOU that counts.  Be who you want to be. 
Well said!  \m/

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2007, 12:00:32 pm »

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2007, 01:21:41 pm »
Thank you baby.
You're welcome sweetie.  Thanks for putting my thoughts into "easier to read" text.

Offline Hresvelgr

• Unborn
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2007, 05:09:42 pm »
What if King Diamond became a Christian?

Satan would file a law-suit against god?

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2007, 06:57:23 am »
I dont think god could handle the King to begin with.
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline bladestone9

• Owner Of The "LOA" House
  • Taste Religion...Lick A Witch!
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2007, 03:16:10 pm »

Satan would file a law-suit against god?
NOW THAT!!! IS COURT TV WORTH WATCHING!!!!
I CAN'T GO TO HELL...SATAN STILL HAS THAT RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME.

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2007, 04:09:17 pm »
Thank you all for your thoughtful, intelligent answers! It is great to know that there are some really introspective (and Christian!) King Diamond fans.

Me personally, I view Kings work as the highest of art and an interpretation of what must be moving through that man's heart. It is so intense that a careful listen makes YOU feel it, too!
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2007, 07:05:40 am »
Besides, King claims he is surounded by Demonic Spirits every single day.  Do you think that god or jesus would want to be near any of that?
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline gamemaster

• Lady In Black
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2007, 05:31:03 pm »
personally i will gladly welcome his decision!if there is a true change,of course!i,am a orthodox christian all my life so is my family,etc.i like to see people change,when they REALLY AND TRULLY,want to change!otherwise is a mockery
of beliefs!of every belief!this is the essence of free will!
anyway,his music is awesome,his talent is undeniable,so it is not so important!
as the bible says:who are you to judge the worshipper of another?

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2007, 08:39:10 am »
I actually got preached at today at work by some Christians for wearing a King Diamond shirt. Since it is casual Friday today I decided to wear the Abigail shirt with the Satanic brimstone symbol and the number 9 on it.  Of course I have had to explain the Satanic meaning of the symbol and the number already today several times.  But this computer manager here who is also a minister outside of work starting saying how the shirt is offensive because King Diamond preaches Satanic philosophy in his music.  Then other sheep started gathering to also put in their two cents worth.  Anyway I tried telling them that if King is so evil then why do so many christians claim that they are fans of his.  Well that really started getting the sheep mad!  They told me that people like that are ignorant and not REAL christians.  They said that it is people like that who give real followers of jesus a bad name.  They went on to say that anyone who really believes in our lord would never support or listen to someone like King Diamond who supports a philosophy and religion like Satanism which opposes the very beliefs and practices taught by the lord jesus.  The minister and friends said that these fake christians are spitting in the face of god to claim to follow him and his ways while  not practicing any parts of it and by engaging in the works of the Devil by listening to this garbage and supporting Satan's bands.  I am still getting an earfull even as I try typing this. It will be a long and interesting day.  Although I see their point.  I would be mad too if I belonged to a religion and the people who claimed to also believe in it didn't practice the teachings of the religion.

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2007, 08:52:46 am »
people like that may be Christians, but primarily they are assholes. they are insecure. they derrive all the wrong things from their belief and only feel comfortable if they are among others who think EXACTLY as they do.
I 've stated before that I'm a Christian, but those people would obviously disagree with me. they should remember that it's God that's supposed to be in the 'judging business', and they are supposed to be in the 'forgiveness and love thy neighbor' business. I wouldn't waste a second on them or give them the satisfaction of showing the slightest bit of irritation.
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2007, 09:29:46 am »
people like that may be Christians, but primarily they are assholes. they are insecure. they derrive all the wrong things from their belief and only feel comfortable if they are among others who think EXACTLY as they do.
I 've stated before that I'm a Christian, but those people would obviously disagree with me. they should remember that it's God that's supposed to be in the 'judging business', and they are supposed to be in the 'forgiveness and love thy neighbor' business. I wouldn't waste a second on them or give them the satisfaction of showing the slightest bit of irritation.
Im not exactly Christian, a Satanist or anything...I'm more of a "science buff."  Be that as it may, I really dont know how right it is to be labeling people "assholes" because of their religious beliefs.   ::)

Offline Verienkeli

• Lurker From The Dark
  • Ruumis leikkipuistossa
    • My account in Mikseri.net (in Finnish only)
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2007, 09:47:05 am »
Im not exactly Christian, a Satanist or anything...I'm more of a "science buff."  Be that as it may, I really dont know how right it is to be labeling people "assholes" because of their religious beliefs.   ::)

I think it wasn't about religious beliefs but that preaching and zero tolerance for different kinds of people.. I think that sometimes it's referred as some sort of racism, but when it's practiced by some kind of religious group it's acceptable. How can you love your neighbour if you don't accept that he may not be exactly the way you are? Really, Jesus would be rolling around in his grave if he knew what people have done in his name..
The voice of Jouni Mömmö keeps haunting me.

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2007, 09:52:40 am »
maybe I could have been more concise in choosing my words, but I was not referring to their religious beliefs when I called them what I did.....I have respect for whatever people choose to believe in. I was referring to their giving prhill a hassle because of the shirt he was wearing, and/or for believing in something different from them. to me, that's not a label.....it's a description. nobody needs to be given a hard time if they're keeping to themselves and minding their own business.

I too am deeply into the science angle, so to speak, and feel that science and religion can be reconciled. regardless, if my comment offends, then please accept my apologies.

- Ash, housewares

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2007, 09:55:44 am »
I think it wasn't about religious beliefs but that preaching and zero tolerance for different kinds of people..

thank you.......that's exactly what I meant.
                       :)

- Ash, housewares

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2007, 09:58:20 am »
I too am deeply into the science angle, so to speak, and feel that science and religion can be reconciled.
Science makes sense.  Its totally logical.  The Big Bang is much closer to being proven than a superior entity at this point.   :cool:

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2007, 10:23:32 am »
I think that is why science has always been looked at as being the work of the Devil by so many religions because it does use facts to show that their is no Entity or God,  and that the Big Bang and evolution are reality.  Whereas religions are based an fiction and belief and faith only which is not reality.

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2007, 10:38:48 am »
Science makes sense.  Its totally logical.  The Big Bang is much closer to being proven than a superior entity at this point.   :cool:
Totally true- so much of what people think they "know" is about to go down the tubes.
I think that is why science has always been looked at as being the work of the Devil by so many religions because it does use facts to show that their is no Entity or God,  and that the Big Bang and evolution are reality.  Whereas religions are based an fiction and belief and faith only which is not reality.
Religion is something man created for man.  It will never change what can be proven by scientific inquiry and research.  If people want to believe in any religion it's not a problem though (as long as no one or no thing gets hurt).  For many people it gives them comfort and hope to think of an entity much more powerful than anything we could conceive in our human minds.  Some people feel that they are promised a better "existence" after their time here in this life provided they believe in a certain religion that preaches that.  To each his/her own.  Organized religion is not for me, as I can't seem to focus on anything but the pain and suffering it has caused for so many people through the centuries.  Not that there isn't a good side to religions, I just have a hard time following anything that at any time glorified the mass extermination of other human beings in the name of any god/gods. 

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2007, 10:51:18 am »
I agree I have no problem if people need to make believe there is a god or goddess to help them cope with life and all of that.  But like King said in that one interview to the priest that if someone is a Christian then they have to accept the whole thing, which includes the Inquisitions, holy wars, the bombings of abortion clinics, etc.  I have actually had Christians and some Wiccan's admit that they still will sacrifice  innocent animal in their rituals because it is condoned in the Old Testament and it pleases the gods and/or goddess!