Author Topic: What if King Diamond became a Christian?  (Read 88297 times)

Offline Envenomed627

• Gypsy
  • The Girl Next Door Isn't There Anymore
Re: What if King Diamond became a Christian?
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2007, 11:01:23 am »
I don't understand why people are always seperating science and god. You're saying the big bang couldn't have been god's work? Evolution couldn't have been god's way of making people? I'm sure what the bible meant was not "God created the earth, By making it appear out of thin air".. or "God created man....by going POOF! MAN! Why is it that the idea of science being god's creation so hard to swallow?

And as for what king said in the interview about having to accept it all, I highly disagree. The bible has been changed too many times throughout history to even take most if it seriously. The WHOLE point of the whole Jesus thing is, "Oh you believe in me? welcome to heaven." and not "Ohhh... you were a great person in life but you don't believe in me...... tough break kid... you gotta go to hell" (which I personally think is messed up)

if more bands could be that

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2007, 11:15:22 am »
Not that there isn't a good side to religions, I just have a hard time following anything that at any time glorified the mass extermination of other human beings in the name of any god/gods. 
Good point baby. 

every thing that has nipples

Offline darkearthrising

• Possessed
  • Dum Spiro Spero
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2007, 11:21:11 am »
To be a Satanist you must first accept that god exists, for their cant be one without the other. I personally have no views on that one way or the other, but whatever you believe is fine by me, everyone needs faith in something, and religion and music dont have to be linked. In the same way as horror writers are not classed as   evil, why should someone class king, or any other rock stars as evil because he or they tell horror storys through music?  :)
I'm Not Famous! Its mistaken identity. Honest!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p120/darkearthrisi

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2007, 11:22:01 am »
I agree I have no problem if people need to make believe there is a god or goddess to help them cope with life and all of that.  But like King said in that one interview to the priest that if someone is a Christian then they have to accept the whole thing, which includes the Inquisitions, holy wars, the bombings of abortion clinics, etc.  I have actually had Christians and some Wiccan's admit that they still will sacrifice  innocent animal in their rituals because it is condoned in the Old Testament and it pleases the gods and/or goddess!
Yea, I don't care what people choose to believe, but like King said- don't deny history either.  I've had Christians try to tell me that that negative aspects of their history never really occurred.  I ask them if the Holocaust was fake or just a little racism blown out of proportion then too.  They get real pissed off about that, but my point is that a lot of atrocities were carried out in the name of God, gods, Allah, etc.  I don't think that all Christians (or people of any other religion) are bad people- in fact there are a lot more good ones than bad ones (but that goes for EVERY group of people).  Sick son of a bitches are sick son of a bitches regardless of their religious or cultural backgrounds. 
As far as sacrificing animals for a religious ritual- I just can't accept it.  I know people do it still, but I just think it's wrong.  I know it's natural for animals to kill animals for survival (I include humans in this), but just to slay a living thing because your religion says to?  Maybe you should take a step back a re-evaluate the situation.  I just cannot see how that can be "right" in any way.  And what kind of god/gods are you worshipping if that kind of behavior is promoted in the first place? 
I don't understand why people are always seperating science and god. You're saying the big bang couldn't have been god's work? Evolution couldn't have been god's way of making people? I'm sure what the bible meant was not "God created the earth, By making it appear out of thin air".. or "God created man....by going POOF! MAN! Why is it that the idea of science being god's creation so hard to swallow?
Not all science is trying to disprove the existence of a higher power.  Many scientists are trying to prove it now actually.  Not everyone is Carl Sagan. lol

And as for what king said in the interview about having to accept it all, I highly disagree. The bible has been changed too many times throughout history to even take most if it seriously. The WHOLE point of the whole Jesus thing is, "Oh you believe in me? welcome to heaven." and not "Ohhh... you were a great person in life but you don't believe in me...... tough break kid... you gotta go to hell" (which I personally think is messed up)
I understand your point- it's frustrating for people.  Why would such a "good and forgiving" god condemn a person to hell for not following a specific doctrine?  That's why people get so turned off from religion in general.       

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2007, 11:24:05 am »
You're saying the big bang couldn't have been god's work?
That's possible.  Not ruling it out. 

Offline Nocturne Wraith

• Haunted
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2007, 12:42:38 pm »

If there is a heaven, people should be let in just for being a good person and that alone.  Belief in the equivalent of a flying spaghetti monster shouldn't apply.  I totally agree

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2007, 12:53:54 pm »
not to put too fine a point on it, but there are many 'flavors' of Christianity. the crusades, the chambre ardent, the inquisition, those wonderful fellows like Henry Institorus (co-author of the malleus maleficarum) and those that perpetrated the witch trials were all of the catholic church. Christanity is much larger than just the catholics, and many of the rest of us feel just as strongly about the hypocrisy and injustice as anyone else does. I don't think that should render an entire philosophy invalid simply because one church ran amok.
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2007, 12:59:16 pm »
  Belief in the equivalent of a flying spaghetti monster shouldn't apply.  I totally agree

agreed as well. plus it's good to see someone else using south park references around here. I mean, did we really evolve from something like a retarded fish-frog?

- Ash, housewares

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2007, 01:29:12 pm »
not to put too fine a point on it, but there are many 'flavors' of Christianity. the crusades, the chambre ardent, the inquisition, those wonderful fellows like Henry Institorus (co-author of the malleus maleficarum) and those that perpetrated the witch trials were all of the catholic church. Christanity is much larger than just the catholics, and many of the rest of us feel just as strongly about the hypocrisy and injustice as anyone else does. I don't think that should render an entire philosophy invalid simply because one church ran amok.
Exactly, being any kind of Christian doesn't make a person wrong or any less credible.  But when you get the people who refuse to accept the history of any religion, and that same person goes around criticizing everyone else's beliefs most don't respond positively.  Most of the Christians I know are really intelligent and decent people.  But there are assholes who are Christians too (or Mulims, Jews, Buddhists, etc.)  The sad thing is that it only takes a couple assholes to ruin it for the rest of the group. 
In any event I could care less what King's beliefs are.  He's obviously a talented individual who creates art for us to enjoy.  If you like his work, you would probably like his work no matter what his lyrics referenced and what he personally believes.  I happen to think some of the nicest murals and sculptures in the world are those related to some type of religion.  Just because I don't believe in the subject matter personally does not mean I don't find the art itself appealing to the eye.

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2007, 02:54:42 pm »
If you like his work, you would probably like his work no matter what his lyrics referenced and what he personally believes.

I couldn't agree more. King can sing about whatever he likes and I'll still listen to it. now, if he was to become a rapper I think I'd have a problem.
                    :)

- Ash, housewares

Offline -lg-

• "Grandma"
  • It's a bool! A bad-gunky blood-bool!
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2007, 07:45:21 pm »
The Big Bang is much closer to being proven than a superior entity at this point.   :cool:
This topic has come up at work every day this past week.
So here's the prevailing question:
If all the planets (and therefore life) were formed because matter in the universe constricted until it exploded outward (aka due to the "big bang"). . . where did that original matter come from?

Offline ISISXM

• Unborn
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2007, 12:31:58 am »
SAW THIS TOPIC BEFORE, BUT TONIGHT I CLICKED ON IT AND KNEW I HAD TO SAY SOMETHING, FIRST A LITTLE HISTORY , BEEN A MF AND KD FAN FOR CLOSE TO 20 YEARS , BUT ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO MY LIFE CHANGED ,LISTENED ON AND OFF BUT FOR A GOOD 7 YEARS NEVER REALLY THOUGHT OF KD AT ALL , TIL ABOUT 7 MONTHS AGO WHEN I AWOKE FROM A DREAM GOING WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!! THE DREAM WAS ABOUT KING DIAMOND THE MAN .NOT THE BAND ! I WAS TOLD IN THE DREAM NOT TO JUDGE HIM ! WHEN I THOUGHT ABOUT IT WHAT GIVES ANYBODY THE RIGHT TO JUDGE ANOTHER! I MEAN IF YOU LIKE THE MUSIC , THEN YOU LIKE IT , DOES IT MATTER WHAT A PERSON BELIEVES THEMSELVES? IF THEY ARE NOT THROWING JESUS , GOD OR SATAN IN YOUR FACE , BUT IT IS GREAT ENTERTAINING MUSIC DOES IT MATTER !!  TO SOME I GUESS IT DOES BUT TO ME I COULD CARE LESS :P

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2007, 12:56:13 am »
If all the planets (and therefore life) were formed because matter in the universe constricted until it exploded outward (aka due to the "big bang"). . . where did that original matter come from?
LOL- The very question that has been driving everyone crazy for at least 80 years!  :gah:
In 1927 a Belgian priest by the name of Lemaitre proposed that a primeval atom exploded and started the ongoing outward expansion of the universe.  Hubble continued to make this theory by finding evidence to support that the universe is indeed expanding.  In the mid 1960's Penzias and Wilson discovered the cosmic radiation that is a supposed by-product of the Big Bang. However the theory still leaves unanswered questions so scientists are really trying their best to explain what caused the atom to explode and how the atom came to be in the first place.  Some scientists are actually using the premise that there is a higher power that started everything and are really trying to prove that with the help of science.  Now we have string theory (~1970) and we're finding more information about dark matter to help us decipher the nature and structure of the universe.  If nothing else it's interesting to look at the paradigm shifts that have occurred throughout history as to the explanation of why the universe is what it is. 

I am no expert on this kind of stuff at all, but I do think the ideas are fascinating, whether there is a supreme being as the origin of it all or not.   I'd love to see an answer to the question in my lifetime, but I really think I won't get much more than a theory with some pretty strong points and  loopholes that cannot be proven definitively due the the limitations of technology and scientific research.  But we'll see.  See- this is the kind of shit that keeps me awake at night.  ::)   And a series like this: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.htmlÂ
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 12:58:50 am by camarochick »

Offline maarten.

• The mother of postwhores!
  • NCS Team
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2007, 12:59:15 am »
never trust a Belgian priest! (and believe me, for this one time that i'm serious!!!)

Neffie's penguin's

Offline antze

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2007, 03:36:50 am »
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 03:39:54 am by antze »

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2007, 09:18:11 am »
I happen to think some of the nicest murals and sculptures in the world are those related to some type of religion.  Just because I don't believe in the subject matter personally does not mean I don't find the art itself appealing to the eye.

Art is fascinating when created with passion. So whatever could have inspired an artist doesn't matter, as long as he (or she) was inspired. But I find it makes it even more intriguing to know and understand the motivations of the artist, regardless of our own beliefs.
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2007, 09:20:41 am »
Art is fascinating when created with passion. So whatever could have inspired an artist doesn't matter, as long as he (or she) was inspired. But I find it makes it even more intriguing to know and understand the motivations of the artist, regardless of our own beliefs.
Yes indeed. Knowing a little background on the artist and why he/she created the piece gives the person enjoying the art a different perspective. Different things inspire different people. 

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2007, 12:56:19 pm »
I think the point the xtians were making at my job yesterday was the fact that there are way too many people calling themselves Christians who have no idea at all what that even entails.  And for once I do agree with them about that.  These people really do not follow any of the rules or teachings or practices of Christianity and yet they love to say how they are Christians anyway.  So I could understand in that sense where the people were coming from yesterday.  Quite frankly I think it is silly to label yourself something if you do not even follow the philosophy behind the label.  I think that is why I laugh at anyone who professes to be a Christian because frankly I don't think they really exist, not in the way the christian bible explains it.  Franky every single so called Christian I have ever met acted much more like a Satanist to me in every single way, and not one bit like a christian.  I might as well go around claiming to be a christian then since I do not have to act any differently or follow the teachings at all which apparently you don't have to do anymore in the christian religion.
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline gamemaster

• Lady In Black
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2007, 03:00:18 pm »
real christians,exist and are present!but their ways and their beliefs are known and seen only by one thing:humility!
they do not judge and they speak only if they have something really constructive to say!otherwise they remain unseen,praying for all the world!that is christianity,in my humble oppinion!

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2007, 03:54:38 pm »
This topic has come up at work every day this past week.
Microwave radiation (so scientists believe), OR some superior god caused it (that's why I said Im not ruling it out). 

Offline -lg-

• "Grandma"
  • It's a bool! A bad-gunky blood-bool!
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2007, 06:13:35 pm »
Microwave radiation (so scientists believe), OR some superior god caused it (that's why I said Im not ruling it out). 
To me it would seem that a belief in abiogenesis requires as much faith as a belief in a God of sorts. 

I'd continue this further, but I fear this is going way off topic so n/m.  :gah:

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2007, 08:51:04 pm »
To me it would seem that a belief in abiogenesis requires as much faith as a belief in a God of sorts. 
It really does! For now at least.  I know this conversation can continue forever because there is so much to discuss, but I'll leave it alone as well. 
To get back toward the topic at hand-
Regardless of King's personal beliefs the man is a fantastic storyteller and musician.  I would listen to his work regardless of his religious beliefs and/or whether or not he ever shifts his beliefs.

Offline Satan's Portrait

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2007, 03:05:09 am »

But...where did that superior god come from? Okay, now I'm starting to think of the HoG story....

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2007, 07:13:08 am »
Well the good news is I did finally manage to get the Christians to stop harassing me about King Diamond here at work.  It works everytime as I just started quoting their own holy bible which always worries them when I start talking about god commanding death to all nonbelievers and when he sent a bear from heaven to kill 50 children as proof that prayer works.  the conversion by the sword , the inquisitions, crusades, holy wars, the current child raping problem in the church, etc.  They shut their mouths real fast and ran away so the issue was solved! 
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2007, 07:20:00 am »
I think that is why I laugh at anyone who professes to be a Christian because frankly I don't think they really exist, not in the way the christian bible explains it.

it's good to know that we're able to brighten your day by bringing a little laughter into your life.
                                                       :)

- Ash, housewares