Author Topic: King and the Supernatural!  (Read 51800 times)

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
King and the Supernatural!
« on: August 20, 2007, 12:18:03 PM »
This weekend I was at a bookstore reading all of these new interviews that were done with King Diamond and they were very interesting as usual.  He talked a lot about the various supernatural events that have surrounded him over the years.  Of course he has always included some of the real life events on his Cd's with both Mercyful Fate and King Diamond mixed in with the stuff that he makes up.  King said that his home in Frisco Texas in not as haunted as his place in Denmark, but that there have been some things going on.  Even band members have been hit in the head and back by unseen things.  And his black cat magic has been known to watch things in the night that no one else can sense, which was mentioned on the new CD.   King doesn't think that anything followed him there from Denmark but that something might be attached to some artifacts that he has and he thinks he knows what or whom it is.

But he talked a lot about his place in Denmark where he lived for years and how he and other  people would be grabbed by the hair by unseen hands and have their faces caressed and get touched in other ways.  He said that things would be moved around or rise in the air by themselves including a blanket that floated in the air for no reason.  Seeing fingerprints of children on a mirror even though no kids were ever in there, as well as hearing voices in the room when no one was around.  A reporter who once spent the night in King's home said he heard children laughing in the room even though he was alone.  Of course the thing King remembered the most was the night that James and Lars of Metallica were over and Timi Hanson the bassist of MF with a girl Anita that he liked.  King was in the bedroom with James and Lars playing Foosball and Timi and Anita were in the Living Room when they heard a loud crashing sound.  So King and them ran in seeing Timi and Anita all freaked out because everything on King's Satanic Altar in the corner of his living room including the altar cloth rose up and threw itself all over the room.  And later that night Anita was stuck in King's bathroom and when King went to see if she was all right he found her screaming and crying because she couldn't get out and "something" in there growled at her.

King said that things would also happen on the road and at the studio a lot as well.  He found out that even his parents had some experiences like this also.  King also talked about a dream he had of a black book with a lady and being surrounded by a Satanic Coven of blackhooded shadows and that he couldn't wake up or talk.  Of course this was included in his song "Nightmare".  Just like the song "Welcome Princess of Hell" was about the famous incident with the glass rising in the air which was also on the album "Them".

Is it any wonder that King is fascinated by the Unknown and the Powers of Darkness and Satanism.
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline Spiderlady

• You Are "9"
Re: King and the Supernatural!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 05:14:55 PM »
wow, sounds like an interesting interview.  :cool: Where did you read them? I wouldn't mind checkng them out.

Offline blakkheart

• Banshee
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 09:50:36 PM »
I have an audio recording of King Diamond telling the story of Them from the old ZROCK days.  On the interview before playing the MF song Nightmare.  He tells the story behind the nightmare.  Man that is from 1988.  Man I'm old. LOL \m/

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 07:09:01 AM »
Those were from various interviews I saw in about six different metal magazines over the weekend.  Some were Metal Edge, Metal Maniacs, UnRestrained, and I forget the names of the other ones.  They were all new issues. So on the radio interview what did Kings say about the song "Nightmare"?
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline Spiderlady

• You Are "9"
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 08:29:27 AM »
Thanks, I may pick up a few. I remember back in the day, I'd leaf through all the mags on the rack and if King wasn't in them I wouldn't buy them. Ah to be an obnoxious teenager again, the clerks would get so pissed because their books were "used" and I didn't buy them.

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 08:56:12 AM »
Yes I too will usually only buy a metal magazine if King is in it where he talks about the Occult, Satanism and the Supernatural.  But he seems to be much more open about that stuff in Satanic books and Magazines from what I have seen over the years.  Much more so than in non Satanic magazines.  There is also a double cassette tape around that has a three hour interview that he did years ago on the radio where he talked about a whole bunch of cool things like that.

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 10:01:55 AM »
what's a good example of a satanic magazine? I've never even heard of one before.
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 11:10:40 AM »
Theres several Satanic Magazines around.  The Black Flame, The Cloven Hoof, Satans Sweet Slavery, The Raven, Black star chronicles, Bloodfire, Sinister, The Black Pumpkin and of course The Trident and Devils Diary magazine which are two that I have written for many times including some King Diamond reviews.  And there are some others as new ones sprout up all of the time.

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 12:03:32 PM »
I also liked how in the metal  magazine they said how "King was inspired by Jimmy page who was obsessed with Crowley and the Occult and used that to create his music just as King has done with Anton LaVey who wrote the Satanic bible and founded the Church of Satan.  A match made in Hell"

Offline insaneman5

• A Family Ghost
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 01:30:38 PM »
that was a great interview King diamond should call taps the guys on sci fi or some well known ghost experts

Offline Nocturne Wraith

• Haunted
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 09:39:46 PM »
that was a great interview King diamond should call taps the guys on sci fi or some well known ghost experts

I can just imagine all the stupid jokes they'd be jabbing at him the whole time.

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 09:12:34 AM »
I really wish King would write a book like so many other artists do!  Not only could he talk about his music but he could talk in more detail about all of the weird supernatural stuff that has surrounded him for so many years now.  Also he could discuss his affiliation with the Church of Satan and his meeting with Anton LaVey as well as his personal Satanic Ritual practice which he has discussed at least a little bit about at times.

Offline Hellborn Goat

• Superpostwhore
  • Goat
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 12:49:03 PM »
But as it says in the FAQ, the Satanic thing "was more of a publicity thing of the 80'ies". Whether he took it more seriously back then or not, I get the impression that he's not quite so keen on promoting it nowadays, even if it was only the 'Satanic-Lite' brand of LaVeyan Satanism.
-Goat

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 01:30:25 PM »
He is still 100 percent a Satanist and still talks about it all of the time.  Especially in the Satanic publications.  And his new wife has admitted to being a practicing Satanist as well.  And he is still singing about it like he always has.  And he still wears the Satanic Cross which he says he does to pay respect to the Satanic philosophy that is in the Satanic bible.

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 01:57:17 PM »
And he is still singing about it like he always has.

I think the last time satan was referenced at all was 8 years ago on the album 9. right off the top of my head, I can't think of any references to satanism in any of his solo work, except for the song 'this place is terrible' where the lyrics allude to the higher power controlling good & evil, as they similarly do in the song '9'. they all just seem like good horror stories to me and nothing more.

- Ash, housewares

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 02:05:03 PM »
As King has explained many times though that Mercyful Fate is not about Satan or Satanism at all.  Mercy he said is about old legends and the occult and things of that nature.  While he says correctly that King Diamond IS the Satanic side of things becuase it is all about human nature and the human mind and instincts no matter what era the story is being told in.  And the other Satanic part about his stories is that in them there is always the natural balance of good and evil which is subjective which is also part of the Satanic philosophy.  He knows that people always think that Mercy was the more Satanic stuff when in fact it isn't.  The King Diamond solo stuff is the Satanic stuff.  Plus in all of his solo work he is singing about the various aspects of the powers of the unknown which is Satan.  The Mercyful Fate stuff is about only beliefs and the oocult which has nothing to do with Satanism.

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 02:48:50 PM »
While he says correctly that King Diamond IS the Satanic side of things becuase it is all about human nature and the human mind and instincts no matter what era the story is being told in.

that may well be true, but that's some pretty common subject matter for songs, literature, etc, and I really don't see how any of it relates to any kind of religion at all.

- Ash, housewares

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 03:13:13 PM »
Because the Satanic religion is based on those kinds of things.  That is what separates it from all of the other religions that are based more on the occult and other mumbo jumbo.  Satanism is based on logic and human nature and reality.  That is one if the things that King loves about it so much because it is more down to earth unlike other religions.

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2007, 03:29:26 PM »
I just don't see any need to look for religion anywhere other than in a book or a church, but if this music embodies any kind of theology for you, obscure or obvious, then have at  it. I simply do not see it.

- Ash, housewares

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 07:19:18 AM »
It does nothing for me.  I am explaining what King has said.  Do you not read his interviews about his beliefs and how they are in all of his songs?  These are his beliefs that I explained.  It has nothing to do with me?  Where have you been?  King is deep into Satanism and it is his life and his music comes from that and always will as he has said many times.  These again are his words, not at all mine.  He is the one who has explained a number of times how his solo work is Satanic and that the Merciful fate stuff is non Satanic for the most part and is more about the occult and myths and things of that nature.

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 08:11:34 AM »
no, I don't read about his beliefs. I don't really care about his or anyone else's beliefs....yours are yours to have and that's fine. King Diamond is a singer, songwriter, producer, and entertainer. I don't care if he's a vegetarian, a mason, a democrat, or an alien. I like his music. I would like his music if he sang about flowers. his beliefs and everyone else's for that matter are of no concern to me whatsoever. 

- Ash, housewares

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »
Then what are you doing here?

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 08:44:55 AM »
lets not start a flame war. I am sure you are both here for different reasons. Either way it is great to have you both so lets stop this before it gets out of hand eh? for the good of the cause?

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 08:52:52 AM »
Couldn't agree more.

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 07:00:38 AM »
I see on that long interview that King did for Metal Blade he talks about how he can't believe looking back at just how much of his albums over the years with King Diamond and Mercyful Fate are based on his real life happenings!