Author Topic: King and the Supernatural!  (Read 51690 times)

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
Re: King and the Supernatural!
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2008, 12:18:16 PM »
thats quite some interesting stuff!
really that king got so much into satanism i actually didnt think, never belived he would do any rituals or anything like it

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2008, 12:28:21 PM »
He used to be accused of using the concerts as rituals.  Which is talked about in that book "Lucifer Rising" but as King said he does rituals at home and not on stage.  Actually here is a new article I just found and never saw before.

Music Features
A DEAD GIRL’S BEST FRIEND: An Interview With King Diamond
By
Mar 20, 2008, 17:16

Dead babies. The microphone constructed of two femur bones in the shape of a crucifix. An unmistakable falsetto singing, almost beautifully: “…I deny Jesus Christ, the Deceiver…,” (“The Oath,” from Mercyful Fate’s 1984 album, Don’t Break the Oath). A theatrical stage set up like a cemetery, complete with a shed housing multiple implements such as scythes, shovels, and hatchets…. Well known ties to the Church of Satan. And, above all else, a musical journey that has spanned over thirty years…

This is King Diamond, arguably the most influential metal musician working today. The facts, though few and far between, are well known and have become just another part of the mysterious personae of the man. But to understand the music fully, one must understand the mind—whether demented or completely lucid—that spawned them. To get behind the makeup for just a glimmer of the spark that sets his fingers working, writing the next musical opus, and figure out…something, anything…

Your Flesh: Describe your early life. What was your childhood like?

King Diamond: Early life, you know, I was very lucky. I had a great childhood. Nothing but good to say about how my parents raised me. Strict but with that came a lot of freedom too, you know. Played a lot of soccer, for a long time. I was very interested in music. I saw my first concert in, I think it was 1970 or 71. I saw Grand Funk Railroad…and since then it’s been [all about] going to concerts and collecting music, you know… vinyl at that time. Spent all my money on vinyl. Got a job with, what you call a lab assistant, and still did soccer and music. You know, it was too much. There was no time left for doing, you know, anything properly. So at one point I stopped playing soccer and concentrated on the music. It was a time when it was just a hobby, but it was a very serious hobby.

YF: Though a lot of people already know about it, tell me about your first few bands.

KD: There was the time with the band called Black Rose, the band that I started singing in. I played guitar in a band before that. We started playing shows, you know, and you can actually hear some of what we were doing because there was an album released with that band, which is a good sounding, good quality rehearsal recording. And from there, that band broke up because—what can I say—everyone was not serious enough. The keyboard player sold his big Hammond and so we were like, “So now what?” I think it was for a kitchen for his apartment so, I mean what can you do? The band split up and I went looking for another band and I was offered to join this other band was Brats, which was an early version of Mercyful Fate [absolutely hilarious video] . And after a while we got a deal with CBS in Denmark, a small division of the big CBS. When I joined the band it was under the condition that we were only going to play heavy metal. The band used to before that play a mix of heavy stuff…punk, you know, but when I joined the band it was under the condition to only play heavy metal. So we started doing that and then when it was presented to CBS, they said, “Uh, no thanks.” We sang in Danish and, at that time, you know, it was too much. And that’s when Hank and I said, “Well, we’re not gonna do that…you know. We’re gonna do what we feel inside.” So I left the band and we started Mercyful Fate. It was not too long, a year or so into Mercyful Fate we got to be on a compilation album on a small English label. We got one song out there and then we were invited to go and do the BBC Radio Friday Night Rock Show and record some songs there. It just started spreading from there on. We got a deal with a small Dutch label. We got two days to record, no time for backing vocals and stuff like that. And then it stared growing from there. That album was exported to a lot of countries and created interest, especially from Roadrunner, who we signed with after that. That’s where we got the deal to go in and spend a full eight days in the studio to do the Melissa album. So there was actually time to do backing vocals, to do the stuff that I had planned for those early songs but we never got a chance to record. At that point the band…we rehearsed so much that we had to, you know, quit our jobs to do it properly. So we took a chance and went on social welfare for a while. That’s a time I’ll never forget in my life, that’s for sure. A time where you had to decide everyday whether you were going to smoke a pack of cigarettes or eat. That was the choice. You had to make the choice. You couldn’t do both. We rehearsed and rehearsed and we went out and played these small shows. [Then] It turned into small tours and it just expanded from there, you know. When the Don't Break the Oath album came out, it not just became a hobby but a full time job, you know, which was, for me, the best that could happen. From then on I stopped being on social welfare in Denmark and it became my job, you know? It has been my job ever since.

YF: It was during your time in Black Rose that you chose the name King Diamond, is that correct?

KD: That was actually back in the band that I played guitar in called Brainstorm, it was before Black Rose.

YF: Why did you choose that name? Is there a special significance behind it?

KD: It was an old school pal and me [who] started the band. He played drums. We found a guitarist and a bass player. We thought we were so great, you know, we would become international stars in no time. We felt that we had to have international sounding names because we heard that other people, Alice Cooper, for instance, his name was not Alice Cooper…so we came up with those names. One guy was Jesse James, the drummer. Mike West was the guitarist, his real name was Mikael, So Mike West was more international, you know. Jesse James, his name was Jens Arnsted. So why and how King Diamond came up as a name…I have NO idea. That was the time period; it was 1976 probably. But I have no idea. I could lie to you and talk forever…I have no clue how that got into my brain, you know? [Laughs] It stuck big time, I can tell you. Hank has never called me anything but King, you know…it kind of defined my career. Everybody knows my name, even today. Most of the bands…it’s always King. If someone on tour said, “Kim! Kim!” I don’t think I would turn around, because you’re so used to that environment where everyone just says “King.”

YF: What exactly was it about the Church of Satan that drew you to it?

KD: I lived in an apartment in Copenhagen that was seriously haunted. I had a lot of experiences there that inspired a lot of the lyrics. Those things that happened there, it was not just me; A lot of times the other people saw and felt the same things.

Not being able to explain the things, I went to the library, probably for the first time in my life, to borrow a book. I had gone there before to borrow vinyl albums, cause you could do that back then. I started reading some of these books that talked about the occult, but figured out that they were all written, or most of them were written, from that same viewpoint, a very Christian viewpoint. When they talked about Satanic this and Satanic that…and sacrifices…and I was thinking, “Oh, man…those Satanists must be totally insane.” That’s the way it described those things. And then I find out down the road that these things also happened within the church itself, you know. What is all this stuff? Why is there not one clear explanation on what’s what? It depends on what viewpoint you’re looking at. It’s like the more you get into these books, you know, it’s like the more confused you get. A lot of information but none of it is clear. So many theories from different viewpoints that you just sit there…and that’s exactly what religion is, I mean look at it today. No one has any proof of one specific god being the only real one. That’s why we have so many different religions and so many different gods that people believe in, you know, because there is no proof! At least not proof where one person can stand up and show the rest of the world, “Look, here’s the proof!” If that were the case then we would all believe in that one god. But there is no proof so…for me myself, I have no religious belief.

I would be the last in this world to say that there is no god because, I mean, how would I know? No proof that there are no gods or one or there are many…I don’t know. But I pay respect to those who believe in different kinds of religions…I think everyone should do that. It would be a hell of a lot better world if people would have respect for each other regardless of religious beliefs because no one has the proof. Unfortunately that’s not the case, you know. Almost every single war has religious motives as one of the main things in it, especially today, you know. It doesn’t make sense to me, which is why I’ve stopped. I can’t follow it. There’s no logic to it for me. But people can use that kind of thing as a reason to go and kill each other. It doesn’t exist! No one can prove that they are right! It just doesn’t make sense!

Like I said before, I have a respect for people who believe because I don’t know who’s right or wrong. But the same goes for everyone else. No one knows if they are right or wrong, when it comes down to it. You might have a feeling inside you that is so strong, or had some experiences for yourself that makes you feel like, “This is the right belief for me.” But it is what it says: “Belief.” “I believe it could be this way.” It’s not fact that you’re dealing with, you know. Certain people are convinced that this is not the real thing or that is the real thing, but I just wish that everyone would realize or come to terms with the fact that they don’t have the proof to show to everyone else what’s going on. No one has the proof of what’s going to happen to us when we die. No one knows. It’s fine to believe in, as long as you can keep that respect and realize, “I can’t expect everyone else to think the same, because there are no proofs.”

Then I came upon a book in a bookstore, the Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey. “I should probably buy this one to see what’s in it,” you know. To see from that side…what they say. You see these different other sides, you know. Got it and read it and it didn’t read like the other bible whatsoever. I mean…it’s not a religious book. I think it’s a book full of life philosophy. What was described in there was exactly the way that I lived my life. Exactly the feelings I had for the life in a philosophical way, you know?

Later on getting the chance to actually be invited to the Church and then spending the whole night…and meeting LaVey and starting a really amazing relationship, it was something totally different. Seeing how serious and behind his words that he was. That experience at the Church was something that I will never forget.

I have a handwritten letter from LaVey that I carry with me on tours. I know that Karla LaVey once told us, you know out on the west coast, that she wasn’t quite sure whether she wanted to believe me (about the letter) or not. She said, “Dad never handwrote anyone. He always dictated to Blanche Barton.” And I said, “Well, you know, after dinner we can go up to the room and I can show it to you.” When she saw it the tears were rolling down her cheeks when she saw the things that LaVey had written to me. She had no idea. It’s very special.

Also, the experience at the Church, to be able to talk along with LaVey for two hours in the ritual chamber was…I’ll never forget it, you know. And not to just go in there and listen and nod your head, but to…to be there and to be able to say, “I would like to speak first,” and explain my thoughts and feelings instead of me nodding to whatever he says. That way he can judge what he feels about me, I suppose. And after I finished saying what it is I wanted to say, it was a really amazing feeling to see him take this symbol that was pinned to his black jacket, to take that off and place it into my hand. Then we talked about some things afterwards that I will not get into. But it was an experience that was very unique. He played keyboards, and organs, and other stuff for me…and then he switched to playing a well-known song to me called…I don’t know what it’s called, but it goes, [singing], “A wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen,” and he would be playing that on his organ and then turn his head over his shoulder with that smirking smile…”Hey I know that song…” But just the seriousness of the stuff, and his humor, and everything else…it was just an unbelievable experience.

YF: Do you still tie yourself with the Church of Satan?

KD: Well, it’s not like I communicate back and forth, you know…it’s not necessary for me in any way. LaVey gave me eternal membership at the time and I’m sure Peter H. Gilmore (head of Church of Satan) knows that. I still call the LaVeys [Anton passed away in 1997] whenever I can. When we were on the west coast I used to see a lot of Zeena and her son, Stanton, came to a lot of our shows. When I get the chance or they find out that we’re coming then I’ll usually get a phone call and we’ll go out and get a nice dinner and talk. Very nice people, I like all of them. I think they have very good personalities. They have different viewpoints on certain things, but that’s not my business. I try to stay in contact when I get out there. It’s not like my number is outdated, but we don’t stay in contact every two months or something, you know? But still we do keep up.

YF: What is the King Diamond philosophy of life?

KD: Mine?

YF: Yes.

KD: One of the most important things for me is respect for each other. Respect other human beings. Even if they have different ideas or opinions than you, it doesn’t mean that they are wrong. It just means that they have those different opinions because they are in a different environment than you are. That respect is one of the most important things to me.

In some situations, if you don’t have an open mind you miss out on so much good stuff, so much stuff you could learn from. I could give so many examples on people missing out on good things, but I don’t have to. You could talk to a person leaping off a bridge and they could give you much more life experience than some kind of big executive that lives in a protective bubble because he’s not…I don’t know. It could be the other way around, too. You don’t know until you give it a chance. I’m always making an effort to be open-minded and to pay the respect that I would like to be paid. That’s one of my main things.

Since I don’t have a religious belief I don’t walk around everyday thinking on whether I’m sinning or not, that’s just not part of my life. I don’t break the law. I know what happens if you break the law. I have no need for doing that.  There is some truth to those saying, “Do what thou wilt that be the whole of the law,” but if you live literally by that you’re not going to get very far. Probably, if you do you’ll just end up in jail. But if you live according to that line with sense then you might get pretty far. It doesn’t make sense to just drive full-blast through a red light ’cause you’re in a hurry, you wanna get back and see the beginning to the football game. Don’t worry because you won’t ever again. There are rules, there are laws to try and make society work so, if you go by those you probably won’t get into too much trouble.

Respect, that’s the main thing. Get something out of life, because you don’t know what’s gonna happen later.

We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2008, 03:26:13 PM »
wow that was actually quite some interview wow really well spoken once again by the King :)

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2008, 01:10:27 AM »
Lots of weird things have happened to me and still do. I believe in the powers of the unknown.
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2008, 03:23:38 AM »
Lots of weird things have happened to me and still do. I believe in the powers of the unknown.
well thats understandable if you experience something of course you belive in it if you find no other reason to why it have happend :)

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2008, 11:47:55 AM »
Just curious Livia did these happens to you even before you met King or after?
 I only ask because King for some reason has always been surrounded by so many things like that.  As I mentioned earlier I have had many incredible experiences with what you and King correctly call the Powers of the Unknown.  A lot of it came from certain Satanic rituals and other occult things that I have done.  And some just came out of nowhere.  One time it was because of a spirit of a girl that I used to know.  And I have met other people over the years who seem to open up to me about incredible things they have experienced too.  Things they will not tell anyone else due to fear.  This usually happens after they find out I am an active member in the Church of Satan.  I guess they figure I would understand better.  But no one seems to have had as many experiences as King has had going back to his old home in Denmark and even stuff that has happened in the studio over the years.  Maybe it is just something about his aura or something that attracts so much, I have no idea.  But it is real interesting stuff to talk about.
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2008, 07:25:35 PM »
Unexplainable things have happened to me since I can remember. One of my first memories ever I still can't "logically" explain to myself, and things like that have been happening to me all throughout my life and the latest one was actually just 2 days ago. :)
Unfortunately I seem to have been around mostly malicious powers instead of respectful ones during my childhood, and that made me approach them with a bit of apprehension and reservation.
The ones that are as respectful towards us as we are to them, are more than welcome in our home.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 10:13:23 PM by Livia Zita »

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2008, 07:15:28 AM »
So Prhill what you are saying is that if you would experience anything like Livia, King and you have experienced i should purchase some Satanic Books and try to make some of thr rituals?

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2008, 11:21:34 AM »
I don't thing doing Satanic Rituals will guarentee any kind of experience.  Many Satanists do rituals and do get the results of the ritual, but never have any kind of experiences with the powers of the Unknown.   Doing magic is actually more about your own emotions, whereas some of things that myself, King and Livia have experienced are something entirely different.  Many people who never experiment with the Occult or any kind of rituals have experiences with these kinds of things, just like many people who do practice things in the occult or perform Satanic Rituals never do.  It is hard to say why so many people experience these things and why so many never do.  A lot of people in the Church of Satan do not even believe in these kinds of things.  It is a very personal thing, and every one in the COS has very different opinions about these sorts of things.  Most COS members and other Satanists do not even believe in the Supernatural at all.

Anyway Livia sorry to hear about the negative experiences you had.  I do know how that can be and it is not fun.  Just like I know how it can be when it is good.  It is just like anything else there are your good forces or spirits and your bad forces or spirits or whatever they are?  I always wondered if King ever believed that any of these things were any kind of demon or something?  I sort of doubt that he beleives in actual demons, but who knows?

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2008, 11:25:06 AM »
I would love to ask you Livia what kind of things you have seen, including the one you said that just happened two days ago?  But it might be too personal so I will leave it up to you of course?
Maybe King will include them in futur lyrics like he has done with so many of his own experinces!

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2008, 03:05:39 PM »
I don't thing doing Satanic Rituals will guarentee any kind of experience.  Many Satanists do rituals and do get the results of the ritual, but never have any kind of experiences with the powers of the Unknown.   Doing magic is actually more about your own emotions, whereas some of things that myself, King and Livia have experienced are something entirely different.  Many people who never experiment with the Occult or any kind of rituals have experiences with these kinds of things, just like many people who do practice things in the occult or perform Satanic Rituals never do.  It is hard to say why so many people experience these things and why so many never do.  A lot of people in the Church of Satan do not even believe in these kinds of things.  It is a very personal thing, and every one in the COS has very different opinions about these sorts of things.  Most COS members and other Satanists do not even believe in the Supernatural at all.

Anyway Livia sorry to hear about the negative experiences you had.  I do know how that can be and it is not fun.  Just like I know how it can be when it is good.  It is just like anything else there are your good forces or spirits and your bad forces or spirits or whatever they are?  I always wondered if King ever believed that any of these things were any kind of demon or something?  I sort of doubt that he beleives in actual demons, but who knows?
yeah i gues youre right again well you must know so much more about this than i do since you are a member of COS and have had experiences, well i gues anyway i will get The Satanic Bible just for good different reading :)

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2008, 07:03:06 PM »
Too many things have happened for me to be able to write it all down, but I can tell you an early story...

I was about 10 years old, me and my sisters had a bunkbed. I slept on the top part at the time.
I woke up in the middle of the night, scared out of my wits for no reason whatsoever. I huddled on the bed, and that's when I saw a black shape materialize at the ceiling. Mind you, it wasn't a human shape, just a blob.
It started flying around the room, always close to the ceiling, and I kept watching it. I think "it" realized that I was watching it, it flew straight at me and I was immobilized by fear. It reached me, and started hitting my head, from all sides, bumping against it as hard as it could. I pulled the covers over my head, and hunkered down on my bed, wishing it would go away. It hit my head a few more times, then it stopped. I remained under the covers for about 30 minutes more, then peeked out, and I just saw this thing fly on top of a huge wardrobe we had. I stayed awake all night, kept my eye on the spot where it disappeared.
Next morning I called my dad in, and asked him to please look on top of the wardrobe, a huge moth had flown there. (I tried to explain it to myself by thinking it has just got to be a huge moth.) He looked, but of course there was nothing there.
And the more I thought about it, the less sense it made.
We were living in the middle of Budapest, moths do not live there. Our light was turned off. But most importantly, it was winter time, no bugs, no moths. Every window, door was closed, and that weird thing was as big as your hands next to each other, fingers spread out.

Anyways... I always try to search for a logical explanation before I scream: "there's a spirit!!". And believe me, I have been searching for answers for this ever since it happened (and that was a long time ago :D ) and I still can't explain it.
Might not sound like much, but this was the one remembered right now. :)
As for the one a few days ago... well, let's just say I saw an apparition. Maybe later in time I will share the experience.

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2008, 07:04:59 AM »
wow!  That is quite an experience Livia.  Thank you very much for sharing it is very much appreciated. 
It is interesting too how you and King always mention about having respect toward these poweres.  And Anton LaVey always talks about in his books how to have respect with these forces as much as you would respect yourself.  Just like he would always say when you invite Satan in during rituals and stuff to invoke these powers not as masters to bow down too and woreship and not as slaves to command and treat with out respect, but as companions and friends or welcomed houseguests.  I certainly look forward to hearing more about your other experiences should you decide to share again sometime, thanks again :D:

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2008, 07:20:47 AM »
As for KingoftheRotton,  yes I know you will find the Satanic Bible a very interesting read!  It is much more interesting and real than other so called bibles that is for sure :D  It is the only book that really teaches about the realities of life and human nature and the universe.  It is also the only book you will find that teaches real magical theories and practices, unlike all of the other white light books out there that just teach mumbo jumbo non-sense.

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2008, 08:01:27 AM »
I was just thinking about that black shape that you had an experience with Livia. 
It reminded me about one of the guys from the band "Black Sabbath".  I think it might have been Geezer Butler who talked about once he starting reading books on magic and he painted his whole apartment black and put up inverted crosses and crucifixes everywhere along with many pictures of the Devil.  Anyway he said that one night he woke up in bed and saw a huge black shape hovering above him and his bed and for some reason he thought it might have something to do with the book.  So he ran out of bed to get the book and throw it out but it was suddenly missing.  I believe this was mentioned in those books "Lords of Chaos" and "Lucifer Rising".  Just thought I would mention that.  It sounded almost similiar to your experience. I wonder what the hell this black shape thing is?

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2008, 01:43:03 PM »
Yeah, I wonder what or who it was...
One thing's for sure, I am not so keen on meeting it again. :gah:

Maybe someday I'll tell you about the powers I had in my room when I was about 16 years old. They were very malicious (the house had a war history), and I was way too close to finding out what it actually looks like when these evil powers attack and wreck your room. That was the most scary experience in my life.

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2008, 01:52:04 PM »
Oh wow Livia you sure have had some incredible experiences!  Well should you decide to share those times I certainly would look forward to it.  Maybe those were spirits of people who were killed in a war or something and that is why they were so malicious.  Who knows. 
So these experiences Livia are they the reasons you eventually discovered Satanism like they did with King?  Or was it something else?

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2008, 01:52:54 PM »
That's nuts Livia. I have researched a lot about this stuff as it fascinates me and to this day i have never witnessed, felt, or experienced anything remotely spiritual. Almost everyone around me says they have. I lived with my aunt for a long time and everyone in the house says they saw a ghost that would walk back and fourth between the bathroom and the kitchen but i never saw it.

Either everyone "thinks" they saw this stuff and just ramp it up in there head or i am just not sensitive enough

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2008, 02:15:20 PM »
And you know it is funny that in spite of all of the experinces I have had, and yet whenever I use my Ouija Board nothing ever happens.  But many other people experience weird stuff only when they use the Ouija board.  The world of the unknown is very confusing.

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2008, 06:58:27 AM »
A guy I work with who has had tons of weird experiences was telling about how when he still lived at home he woke up in the middle of the night scared and could not move or scream as he was being caressed by "Black Dwarfs" for several minutes until they let him go, then his scream came out and his mother came in.  he explained what happened and her response was "Oh no now it is happening to you too".  It turns out this has happened to her many times and they have heard her screaming in the night like that but she never explained why until it started happening to him.
That reminded me of one of my own experinces that was somewhat simliar to that some years back.

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2008, 07:09:11 AM »
yikes prhill, that sounds scary...

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2008, 07:17:13 AM »
i only had the experience i told before with someone who walked in the middle of the day in his empty appartment allthough he was dead, im pretty sure i saw him... he had died just a weak before.
allthough i said it to his wife and she said she had experienced the same, and that he was trying to cantact her.
it is been 6 years almost since that day and she now have lost his spirit who appearently was trying to get her to wrap a red thread around a doll they had named the same as him, only if that had happend he could rest in peace. ever since that day she hasent heard from his spirit

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2008, 08:10:12 AM »
Yes Livia that co-workers experience was interesting.  He has had many other experiences that he has told me about.  He said it still scares him but now he is more curious about these things than scarred.  That one incident I mentioned with me was like that where I was paralyzed and couldn't scream, but something was like a weight on top of me and I do not know why, but I felt like it was trying to get inside of my spirit or something to control me.  In my mind I fought real hard against it and screamed mentally threats and stuff.  It finally lifted and the atmosphere in my room went back to normal again.
Ironically a few years later I actually did have the spirit of a girl I knew trapped inside and around my aura haunting me.  But that is a real long and personal story to get into as to why she was there for two and a half years and what it took to release her finally.

You know here in Chicago after the huge jet that crashed in the late 70's near O'hare airport there were people that lived around there who saw things for years follwing the crash.  People would appear in their homes out of nowhere asking where they could find their luggage or when is the next connecting flight, etc  then they would dissappear. All kinds of crazy things.

Offline Envenomed627

• Gypsy
  • The Girl Next Door Isn't There Anymore
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2008, 03:48:01 PM »
I was choked by a spirit in my bed one night. I woke up with hands around my neck and it struck me as odd because they grabbed me from above me and then wrapped around to behind me, which means the spirit was floating through my bed/the floor. Thats why I have a soft spot for The Floating Head.. except instead of strong hands around my neck, they were very weak, clammy and feeble. Which made it so much scarier for me

if more bands could be that

Offline Dr. Landau

• Haunted
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2008, 04:33:31 PM »
Too many things have happened for me to be able to write it all down, but I can tell you an early story...

I was about 10 years old, me and my sisters had a bunkbed. I slept on the top part at the time.
I woke up in the middle of the night, scared out of my wits for no reason whatsoever. I huddled on the bed, and that's when I saw a black shape materialize at the ceiling. Mind you, it wasn't a human shape, just a blob.
It started flying around the room, always close to the ceiling, and I kept watching it. I think "it" realized that I was watching it, it flew straight at me and I was immobilized by fear. It reached me, and started hitting my head, from all sides, bumping against it as hard as it could. I pulled the covers over my head, and hunkered down on my bed, wishing it would go away. It hit my head a few more times, then it stopped. I remained under the covers for about 30 minutes more, then peeked out, and I just saw this thing fly on top of a huge wardrobe we had. I stayed awake all night, kept my eye on the spot where it disappeared.
Next morning I called my dad in, and asked him to please look on top of the wardrobe, a huge moth had flown there. (I tried to explain it to myself by thinking it has just got to be a huge moth.) He looked, but of course there was nothing there.
And the more I thought about it, the less sense it made.
We were living in the middle of Budapest, moths do not live there. Our light was turned off. But most importantly, it was winter time, no bugs, no moths. Every window, door was closed, and that weird thing was as big as your hands next to each other, fingers spread out.

Anyways... I always try to search for a logical explanation before I scream: "there's a spirit!!". And believe me, I have been searching for answers for this ever since it happened (and that was a long time ago :D ) and I still can't explain it.
Might not sound like much, but this was the one remembered right now. :)
As for the one a few days ago... well, let's just say I saw an apparition. Maybe later in time I will share the experience.

As a resident entomologist on these boards I must make one nonconfrontational comment.  There are moths in Budapest. 

Brad