Author Topic: Mercyful Fate EP  (Read 4510 times)

Offline lucifers_child

• Unborn
Mercyful Fate EP
« on: January 10, 2009, 11:07:06 am »
Aka Nuns Have No Fun, etc...

I've yet to come across a physical copy of the album.  I've found cassettes of a few king diamond albums, i have abigail on CD and trying to get a copy for LP, and I have Melissa and Don't Break the Oath on LP but I've had next to no luck with the EP.

I know the original pressing is with the white border, and there's a picture disc edition.  I'm wondering how rare the original is, and if there are other pressings on the EP on vinyl aside from the picture disc?  As well as where to get any version, and how much each version is (guessing the original goes for a decent amount, unsure about the picture disc, but if there's a cheaper end version of it on vinyl in some pressing i'd like to be able to find one, however I can't find much on the EP).

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
Re: Mercyful Fate EP
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 11:20:44 am »
I dunno how much you'd pay for it? I payed $10 for mine back in '86. I believe it's not the original pressing...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 11:42:25 am »
the original one, with the white border will probably set you back about $250 US.   The later pressings will probably only set you back $50-60.

Offline lucifers_child

• Unborn
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 11:56:56 am »
I dunno how much you'd pay for it? I payed $10 for mine back in '86. I believe it's not the original pressing...

Well if there's a currently available version, or cheap version, regular LP price.  $10-25.  If it's out of print, or rather hard to get I'm guessing it could go for significantly more, in which case whichever versions are the cheapest, though i'm not even sure which versions might be on the lower end to look for.

Offline Demon bells

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 09:47:14 am »
Does anyone know how valuable is the green marble pressing of this EP...
My soul belongs to satan!

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 11:10:25 am »
For pressing information see this thread: http://www.covenworldwide.org/CWWforum/index.php?topic=360.0 (the prices stated are not accurate, the chanses of finding the first press for 95$ is quite low). For more accurate values see: www.popsike.com

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 03:30:20 pm »
i gave 70 bucks for 2nd edition with black border line and i have it on a bootleg cd as well :P

Offline RipperBendix

• Global Moderator
    • Mah Band
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 11:59:02 pm »
I paid 80Euros for mine. I have no idea what the border looks like because I haven't looked at it for a long time. Lyrics sheet included btw.
-This space for rent-

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 01:02:02 am »
Lyrics sheet included btw.
Yeah that's included in mine as well

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 06:17:09 pm »
Mine didn't come with lyrics. Bummer. Neither did my Melissa album. But my Melissa/Megaforce-Caroline CD does...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 02:09:57 pm »
As you said the first pressing is the whitebordered which went for 170 USD last time I saw it on Ebay (in mint condition). I´d estimate the average value at least above 150. The others are not that expensive and show up quite often. The third pressing (black border and "Distributed by Bertus Holland" on the back) is the least expensive and cost maybe 40-60 (estimated). There´s a PD as well (bootleg, Metalized Blood records) which is about 50 at least, a bit tricky to get. It´s said that there are 300 of them. And there are also numerous bootlegs with different colours on the vinyls, different green, red etc., which can cost a lot. There a couple of them for sale on the German Ebay right now for 150 Euro each (which is way too much in my opinion and they don´t get sold so...).

Greets.

Offline The Mad Arab

• Black Horseman
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 02:18:11 pm »
I got mine black bordered 2nd press ep with lyric sheet in 28 euros. I´ll buy the first press too, if I found it in reasonable price.

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 05:18:10 am »
I've got the original press with white border, but how many copies were made of it? I've heard lots of times that it was limited to 200 copies,
does anyone know (Renzo, Bub?) how many copies were made of the original one?