Author Topic: wrost king diamond song  (Read 55723 times)

Offline BellwitchMF

• Angel Of Light
  • R.I.P Mr Ronnie James Dio \m/ \m/
Re: wrost king diamond song
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2009, 04:53:20 PM »

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2009, 05:38:41 PM »
Not a "real" fan if you criticize, huh? Give me a break. I went to King Diamond shows long before all your moms jumped your dads' bones, and I'm still first in line for every new album and right up front at the shows. I'm a huge New York Rangers fan as well, but it doesn't mean I think they always play great hockey. I've had season tickets for years but still boo when they lose a six goal lead. A great fan sticks with the band DESPITE the disappointments, rather than BECAUSE of some fantasy we make up in our heads about the impeccability of mortal men. I never understood people with that retarded fan-boy mentality. They are just fucking delusional. Reminds of 10-year old girls worshipping the Jonas Brothers without reservation. Grow up.

Anyway...

Worst King Diamond songs... The fillers... Those mid-tempo monotonous chugging songs where King's voice just bounces along, going nowhere - with all parts of the musical arrangement basically following the same tired formula. Songs like The Pact, Catacomb, most songs off "Puppet Master", Life After Death, almost everything off "Graveyard", etc... No memorable riffs or haunting vocal melodies, just a bare bones structure to carry the story over to the next song. The vocals mimicking or accentuating the guitars, or the other way around. A recent shining example is the verse on Mirror, Mirror. No imagination. I find these "fillers" more and more frequently on later albums. You used to be able to pull any KD song from any of the first 3 - 4 albums out of a hat and you would have had a killer live show with any of them. If I randomize a setlist from later albums it doesn't look as appealing. When King is good, he is absolutely downright fantastic, when he is bad, he tends to be boring and predictable. "Abigail II" has two great songs (Spirits and Slippery Stairs), the rest is all filler, no killer.

Also... Livia's impassionate voice annoys me on the songs she appears on. Sorry, but sometimes she sounds like one of The Waitresses. The Girl with the Bloody Dress. Not very good.

But, on the other hand, even King's low points are usually way more interesting than 90% of the rest of the crap out there.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"If thine eyes deceive thee, pluck them out"

Offline BellwitchMF

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2009, 05:57:02 PM »
Not a "real" fan if you criticize, huh? Give me a break. I went to King Diamond shows long before all your moms jumped your dads' bones, and I'm still first in line for every new album and right up front at the shows. I'm a huge New York Rangers fan as well, but it doesn't mean I think they always play great hockey. I've had season tickets for years but still boo when they lose a six goal lead. A great fan sticks with the band DESPITE the disappointments, rather than BECAUSE of some fantasy we make up in our heads about the impeccability of mortal men. I never understood people with that retarded fan-boy mentality. They are just fucking delusional. Reminds of 10-year old girls worshipping the Jonas Brothers without reservation. Grow up.

Anyway...

Worst King Diamond songs... The fillers... Those mid-tempo monotonous chugging songs where King's voice just bounces along, going nowhere - with all parts of the musical arrangement basically following the same tired formula. Songs like The Pact, Catacomb, most songs off "Puppet Master", Life After Death, almost everything off "Graveyard", etc... No memorable riffs or haunting vocal melodies, just a bare bones structure to carry the story over to the next song. The vocals mimicking or accentuating the guitars, or the other way around. A recent shining example is the verse on Mirror, Mirror. No imagination. I find these "fillers" more and more frequently on later albums. You used to be able to pull any KD song from any of the first 3 - 4 albums out of a hat and you would have had a killer live show with any of them. If I randomize a setlist from later albums it doesn't look as appealing. When King is good, he is absolutely downright fantastic, when he is bad, he tends to be boring and predictable. "Abigail II" has two great songs (Spirits and Slippery Stairs), the rest is all filler, no killer.

Also... Livia's impassionate voice annoys me on the songs she appears on. Sorry, but sometimes she sounds like one of The Waitresses. The Girl with the Bloody Dress. Not very good.

But, on the other hand, even King's low points are usually way more interesting than 90% of the rest of the crap out there.
pffft i dont have to be 40+ to be able to LOVE a band as much as i love KD,most of the graveyard filler???are you listening to the same graveyard as me and everybody else?i respect your opinion,you just seem like one of those dudes who cant get past KDs 80s albums,i love all the albums,be more openminded man,this isnt 1986-89 its 09!and i also LOVE livias vocals,adds alot to the stories and she puts alot of emotion into them,well im not going to change your mind,but thats my 2 cents,have a good day :) you always seem kinda hostile,relax man we are all friends here :cool:

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2009, 07:08:48 PM »
lol...man I really missed this place.

every thing that has nipples

Offline Phobos IX

• Desecrator Of Souls
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2009, 11:43:10 AM »
Grace, I get that you don't like every KD song, but either do I. I find Abigail II, Voodoo and The Spider's Lullabye boring as all hell for the most part. I have no problem with the fact that you don't like EVERY King song, my only problem is that you feel anyone who likes the new stuff simply likes it because they have the "retarded fan boy mentality." I love Livia's voice. I love the direction that The Puppet Master took. It was a whole new King Diamond. Does that make it "uninspired?" No, it does not. I love GMYSP, despite the fact that most people here don't. I think the songs are incredible, and no, not because King Diamond released them, but because something about them clicks with me. You'll find that the majority of the board here doesn't like the whole KD/MF catalog, I sure as hell don't. But be sure to be able to draw the line between expressing your opinion, and thinking of people who don't agree with your opinion as "heh, brainwashed."

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2009, 05:17:44 PM »
I don't remember mentioning your name in the same breath as "retarded" or "fan-boy"?

People who unreservedly love everything by an artist who can do no wrong fall into that category. If you don't, but instead stick with an artist you love through thick and thin, picking the gold nuggets and forgiving the downfalls, then you're just like me.

I respect anybody who isn't fanatically inclined. Fanatacism chokes reason, and thus common sense dies a strangulated death.

I do like a lot of the new stuff too, but not as much as on the older albums. I think there are at least two or three really good songs on most of the new albums, and those definitely hold their own against almost any of the "older" material. LOA House, Spirits, Dreams, The Trees Have Eyes and The Floating Head always find their way into my KD playlists. I am just saying that fillers have become abundant on recent releases, whereas the musical context of KD was more solid and involved "back in the day". More variety and imagination, less predictable.

Like somebody said, if you're a Maiden fan you can't possibly listen to "Virtual XI" with a straight face, and if you're a Metallica fan, "Re-Load" was still a pile of shit. To me, "Graveyard" and "Puppet Master" is the same as "Virtual XI" or "Re-Load". Da Vinci painted some horrible crap as well, but that is not why he was revered. We pick what we like and move on. I can't think of any artist, living or dead, who ever created only masterpieces throughout his career, never stinking up his own work. Well, except Mozart perhaps. But he was an actual fucking genius.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"If thine eyes deceive thee, pluck them out"

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2009, 05:22:53 PM »
lol...man I really missed this place.

HA  :king:

Offline TheSentinel

• Mandrake
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2009, 11:23:54 PM »
I tend to skip "daddy" I think it's a dumb interlude. Graveyard isn't bad though, album anyways. I could do without Dead Again also :king:

Offline BellwitchMF

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #158 on: January 13, 2009, 12:22:28 AM »
I tend to skip "daddy" I think it's a dumb interlude. Graveyard isn't bad though, album anyways. I could do without Dead Again also :king:
lol,i LOVE the song daddy.such emotion in that song! oh daddy,im so alone! oh daddy please come home!!sit down u degenarate son of a sheep!your going down,ur going donw,mckenzie!!! :cool:

Offline kingdiamondfan#1

• Victimized
  • Never Will I Break The Oath I Gave
« Reply #159 on: January 14, 2009, 02:59:15 PM »
What??? DADDY is so a beautiful song, with a lot of emotions, I really love it! I can't understand why sou said that.!

Offline King

• The King Of Diamonds
    • https://www.facebook.com/travis.falcon.94
« Reply #160 on: January 14, 2009, 03:08:25 PM »
Daddy` is one of my best songs!I think every song on `Graveyard kicks ass!
 \m/

Offline kingdiamondfan#1

• Victimized
  • Never Will I Break The Oath I Gave
« Reply #161 on: January 14, 2009, 03:14:35 PM »
Daddy` is one of my best songs!I think every song on `Graveyard kicks ass!
 \m/

oh yeah you're right man!! \m/

METALLATEM

« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2009, 12:41:20 PM »
.I will stick to my timid original reply of 2 little girls. I dont hate or love it. I know its not an actual song but i enjoy every KD song. Mabey the song the spiders lullabye is average to me, but its still ok. Some people mentioned six feet under, i love this song. Its chorus is great!   :)