Author Topic: wrost king diamond song  (Read 59311 times)

Offline vonseux

• Banshee
Re: wrost king diamond song
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2007, 07:55:30 am »
yes #D

but this prooves the succes of King Diamond in his music

Offline Bones_xa

• Charon
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2007, 09:07:44 am »
I admire the song "No more me" because I think its very unique. It also has King singing only in lows and no highs if I remember correctly.

But ya, peoples different tastes are interesting. We can probably go on for a long time in this topic.

Offline Gomorragh

• Haunted
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2007, 09:24:52 am »
wow, really? I absolutely LOVE that song, both versions of it. But then I have a thing for vampires(not the people who pretend to be one, the moive character type ones) too so, that figures.

maybe its because of the lars ulrich part of the thing, metallica did a massive concert and they stuck mercyfull fate on as the first band on the small stage, myself i thought that was hypocritical of them after they had said they loved mercyfull fate and king diamond, later on in the concert there were a fair few bands that no one ever heard of, and then theres Metallicas inability to play live.

i like the song from previous incarnations but that one just sticks in my throat
Sleep eludes me
As rain deludes me
About its intent
To stop for Lent

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2007, 09:35:02 am »
Christmas, I fukken hate the beginning of that song >:(
I agree...

I understand what King was trying to do to tie in with the themes and everything as well as for dramatic effect just like in 'No Presents For Christmas' aka... 'happy tune/*song kicks in*

But Livia just sounds so fucking bad there
no disrespect but I hate it
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2007, 09:42:57 am »
maybe its because of the lars ulrich part of the thing, metallica did a massive concert and they stuck mercyfull fate on as the first band on the small stage, myself i thought that was hypocritical of them after they had said they loved mercyfull fate and king diamond, later on in the concert there were a fair few bands that no one ever heard of, and then theres Metallicas inability to play live.
wtf, honestly, I'm sick of everyone taking jabs at Metallica on this board just because they openly proclaim themselves as fans of KD/MF and have paid frequent tributes to them, people start bashing them for ruining the originals and playing alongside them etc..

I dont think Metallica had a say on where/how MF performed, that sortve thing is due to management and event planners, so they shouldnt be critised for MF being the support and not the main act, besides the fact it was a METALLICA show, and not a MF one

King and the band (Lars Ulrich) are friends so I dont think there was any disrespect between the band and him at all... nice attempt to slight metallica though I think they get enough hassle what with St. Anger, I dont think they need to be slated for being strong fans of KD/MF 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 09:48:49 am by Beast_Regards »
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Greentea

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2007, 11:19:46 am »
Well after getting Abigail II take your pick. Mansion in Sorrow , Slippery Stairs, Broken Glass...etc

Offline vonseux

• Banshee
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2007, 11:23:21 am »
Abigail II sound sooo good to me... Slippery Stairs is an groundbreaking song, very original. Broken Glass and Wheelchair are top class. Wy is this album oftem not enjoyed?

Offline Greentea

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2007, 01:59:19 pm »
You'd have to see my review of it. Maybe I will grow into it but personally I thought the songwriting was "rushed" sounding, boring and bad idea from the start. Perhaps I need more listens.

Offline baneful

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2007, 02:17:38 pm »
King's music has inspired me the past 20 years, I don't think I can say anything negative.... I know that's taking the easy way out... there's alot to say for someone who's never sold out, and has the talent to go any direction he wants.

Offline Bones_xa

• Charon
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2007, 02:21:11 pm »
there's alot to say for someone who's never sold out, and has the talent to go any direction he wants.
Yep.

Offline Lafeys Ghost

• The Preacher
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2007, 07:46:08 pm »
Abigail II sound sooo good to me... Slippery Stairs is an groundbreaking song, very original. Broken Glass and Wheelchair are top class. Wy is this album oftem not enjoyed?
I'm with you on this one. I feel that Abigail II has a lot of great songs (Slippery Stairs being my favorite off the album) and is really under appreciated as a whole.

Offline bladestone9

• Owner Of The "LOA" House
  • Taste Religion...Lick A Witch!
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2007, 11:07:42 am »
Worst song by KING?......there is such a thing?!!!  I like some albums better than others, and some songs better than others....but WORST!!!!
I CAN'T GO TO HELL...SATAN STILL HAS THAT RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME.

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2007, 06:12:47 pm »
I don't think the intention of this discussion was really "worst" so much as it is the song you could pass on or not really miss.  I listen to all the songs on the album when listening to the story itself, but I do find myself taking a pass on Six Feet Under and Cremation more often than not when listening "track by track".  I don't think they are terrible songs, I just don't listen to them as often because I find them less enjoyable as individual tracks.

Offline maruja

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2007, 11:34:06 pm »
to the morgue

Offline HULKING WAR MACHINE

• Catacomb Crawler
    • Myspace
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2007, 02:55:07 am »
I'll probably catch some grief for this, but my least favorite song is 'so sad' from the puppet master. I think it's a good song, but being primarily a love ballad it loses something after about two or three hundred listens, especially when compared with the rest of the album. I do think that it does what it's supposed to do within the context of the story- it's pretty, it's sad, the vocals are good, the guitars work well, and I like that the song was originally written as a farewell to his cat Ghost. I've just never been one for ballads.

I agree! That is the only song I skip on that entire album.
"Those who trumpet their sufferings are usually most deserving of agony"

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2007, 07:45:02 am »

I agree! That is the only song I skip on that entire album.

I have to say that it was a very entertaining song when I saw them play it live....very theatrical and the musicians were spot-on. even though it's my least favorite song, I'd still like to see it live again.
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline rfbz

• Unborn
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2007, 11:42:26 pm »
Behind These Walls...
we get it already what's going on...kind of annoying. Actually I like his annoying parts of certain songs but this one off the Eye gives me a headache.

I think it's a great song, I absolutely love that solo run-up at about the 2:10 mark.

I find myself skipping a few songs on House of God and The Graveyard.

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2007, 08:11:07 am »
I think it's a great song, I absolutely love that solo run-up at about the 2:10 mark.

I agree, that's an outstanding solo. I also love the way that the keyboards are playing throughout the song....they're in the background, but they're pretty impressive. 'behind these walls' in one of my favorites from The Eye, which itself is one of my favorites.
                              \m/                           
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline graveyard17

• Possessed
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2007, 08:53:35 am »
I like all of King's songs, but I would have to say that near the end of Mercyful Fate there were a few songs that just were not up to King's standards of excellence. The tune "9" off of "9". "Dead Again" off of "Dead Again" just drags on and on.

Offline One of Them

• Lurker From The Dark
    • Random pictures
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2007, 11:51:58 am »
Wow, this is intresting topic. It´s weird to see that some track what peoples don´t love so much, I think those are awesome songs :D
So Sad and Six Feet Under is just killers.

One song (or part of it) what I think first, was chorus of Voodoo. Voodoo... voodoo... vooodooooo
I don´t hate it but I even don´t like it ::)
I can hear... Devil Lake is quiet now.

Offline Satan's Portrait

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2007, 06:13:40 pm »
Two songs that never really grasped me as much as other KD/MF material are "Mommy" from Abigail II and "9" from 9. They aren't bad, but if I had to pick one or two, those would be it.

Offline The Winnipeg Warrior ®

• A Family Ghost
  • The Devil Made Me Do It
    • The Winnipeg Warrior® MySpace
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2007, 08:59:35 pm »
I don't think it's so much of not liking a specific song. Some days, I'm in a different mood for example. The song that I didn't connect with yesterday may appeal to me today. And vice versa. It's like that for all the bands I like. One day I can listen to Judas Priest.....then I can go weeks without being able to listen to them period. Your moods, change, your tastes change. But eventually.....you end up coming back to them. Quality material does that to you.....King Diamond and Mercyful Fates catalogue being prime examples of that.

Offline Sebek1777

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2007, 06:03:46 pm »
Dead Time is the only KD/MF song I usually skip. I always listen to the whole albums (never skip a song/intro/passage) exept for that one.

Offline Verienkeli

• Lurker From The Dark
  • Ruumis leikkipuistossa
    • My account in Mikseri.net (in Finnish only)
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2007, 07:33:44 am »
I'm still missing Spider's Lullabye, Abby II and some albums of MF, but so far the only bad song I've heard from King is Blood To Walk. It just feels too much like King had lyrics but no idea about music, so he just made something to support the lyrics. The Puppet Master would be so perfect without that one song. But still, just a one weak song out of so many great and fabulous songs, not bad thing at all.

But one thing I'm wondering is how come people don't like The Graveyard? The only bad thing about that album is that drum sound and a bit too low frequency based guitar sound, but those are just very small things to complain as otherwise the album is so kick ass, one of the darkest things I've ever heard. Four and a half stars out of five I would give to it, full five if it had better production.

But well, tastes differ..
The voice of Jouni Mömmö keeps haunting me.

Offline E.O.G.

• Haunted
  • Enemy Of God
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2007, 10:30:56 am »
The Graveyard is a great album,musically and lyrically.I love this twisted,sick story,as a matter of fact I think it's the best story King ever came out with. I love the fact that it is not an entirely fictional ghost story,but one that actually could happen. And of course that is the scariest part of it. :D:

[img]http://www.spv.de/banner/kreator_horde