Author Topic: Halford or King Diamond  (Read 80841 times)

Offline HeadOnTheWall777

• The King Of Diamonds
Re: Halford or King Diamond
« Reply #200 on: June 14, 2011, 12:54:17 am »
I think it's obvious that he's saying that he thinks Halford is as good as he ever was, and I would agree.

Thanks for backing me up Azalin! \m/

Offline Tennissko

• Holy Shrine
  • Yup, that's that Gwar-guy, and some ugly swede...
« Reply #201 on: June 14, 2011, 05:02:55 am »
I would say King Diamond, any day in the week. That was, until I saw Priest a couple of days ago. Halford fucking slayed, I mean, those really high notes sent shivers down my spine. Literally. He even did Painkiller better now than when the album was new. So now I'm not so sure who's best, guess I'll have to wait until I get to see Diamond live, if I ever get that chance.
Å, Nangilima! Ja, Jonatan, ja, jag ser ljuset! Jag ser ljuset!

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #202 on: June 14, 2011, 07:25:59 am »
Thanks for backing me up Azalin! \m/
anytime,.....your post seemed completely reasonable to me.  :king:
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline Necrolust

• Mad Arab
  • Son Of Northern Darkness
« Reply #203 on: June 14, 2011, 09:05:21 am »
Fuck no.  Why?  Ripper has a great voice but it's fairly typical it doesn't really have much attitude or feel for the songs at all, he has superb control and range and he sings the songs well but it's never a case of above and beyond Halford, ever.  He was a horrible fit for Priest and the material he did with Priest (even though the other guys were primary writers) was horrible.  Halford is DEFINITELY the better of the two and I'm sure even they would agree.

totally agree. Another thing Ripper dosen't have, is the song writing skills of Halford, nor his ability to write (like King) fascinating texts. I mean, the lyrics on Jugulator. Even Gwar lyrics seemed intelligent compared to those  ::)
Evig er kampen mod lyset!!!

Offline HeadOnTheWall777

• The King Of Diamonds
« Reply #204 on: June 14, 2011, 12:16:33 pm »
anytime,.....your post seemed completely reasonable to me.  :king:

:king:

Offline Walter_BR

• Salem
  • Justice is meaningless without freedom.
« Reply #205 on: June 14, 2011, 11:40:46 pm »
totally agree. Another thing Ripper dosen't have, is the song writing skills of Halford, nor his ability to write (like King) fascinating texts. I mean, the lyrics on Jugulator. Even Gwar lyrics seemed intelligent compared to those  ::)

Dude, you're 100% right
I love Ripper's voice, but his lyrics are so... immature, and non poetical at all
I mean, look at Beyond Fear, or his (not so) recent solo release... Some of those lyrics looks like stuff written by a 12 year old.