Author Topic: italy-reggio emilia  (Read 6639 times)

Offline morgana

• Spirit
italy-reggio emilia
« on: November 22, 2006, 04:13:00 AM »
some months have passed since the concert was delayed... i hoped someone would tells us what happened but no answers....i thought that an update on the site would be nice but nothing....
i'm a little upset because i love king as singer and composer but i think he has betrayed his italian fans!!!
we have waited him to come to italy again for six long years.... i had tickets for two dates the one in prato and the one in reggio emilia....fortunatly i could have seen at least one show but a lot of people didn't have that fortune cause they planned to go in reggio and they got it in their backs!!! i know it's quite common that a concert doesn't take place for various reasons but fans are always informed, in italy we have a lot of metal websites so you can always check news, but in this case the concert was delayed the same day, noone knew it, neighter the ticket-one which was selling tickets. a lot of persons came there and what they found? a notice with CONCERT DELAYED on it!
i still wonder why the concert was delayed, the venue was not that bad, surely better than the one in prato, so why did he perfom in prato and not there? "tempo rock" is quite big, and a lot of great bands have performed there without any problem, so wtf?
need answers.... please....
Hednahärens leds av Vintersorg
I dagerns bleke över mirar och berg
De tappra hirdmän ifrån nordens borg
Med kämpaglöden rotad djupt i sin märg

Offline Beansidhe

• Haunted
    • Banshee myspace
Re: italy-reggio emilia
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 07:53:42 AM »
I was also one of dissaponted visitors in Reggio Emilia. :( This issue was already discussed on the old forum, but the proper answer still hasn't been given.
All the people, they are gone... just you and me... and we believe in magic!

Offline blackblood

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 03:18:12 PM »
I would have gone there too and was so disappointed for the cancellation but I don't blame the band one bit for it,actually King loves his italian fans but when he plays in out great country he's always worried about the stage-lights often not as good to get a proper King Diamong show.Now about that cancellation I can tell you that several weeks(or months)in advance the band had requested several works to the owners of the Tempo Rock Clup,stuff about the stage and the lights,most of them were never done in the hope the band would have played anyway so the Club would have got the money out of the tickets sold with practically no extra costs,just that day the band didn't accept to play in a place with a shitty lights set,and a stage that had not been fixed for a King Diamond show,I remember a House Of God show in 2000(or 2001) where the band played anyway for the fans in an awful place but saying it was one of the worst venues ever for them,apologizing for the fact the show for that had to be incomplete as to acting and the stuff usually used on stage(there was no space at all).

I'd like to add another thing,knowing these things can happen when a club has such a low stage(with a really bad sight if you're not on thie first rows)and bad lights set I'd like to suggest to go to several dates when King comes in Italy,that's what I've done,that would have been my thirditalian date in a row from that tour,the first was awesome in Toscana(though Livia was sick and stayed in his hotel room and they didn't play So Sad),the second was cool but stage and sound was a bit sub par(So Sad with Livia was played and I got to talk with Jodie,such a nice girl),the third was the infamous night of the cancellation,thanks God I got to know about the bad news before leaving my home(it was the nearest date to where I live)otherwise I'd probably be even more disappointed.

I can't wait to see King live again,I've met two long time King fans in Toscana,two guys that had flied from the beautiful Sardegna just to see King live(taking a day off from work),I just can't imagine how disappointing would have been if that show had been cancelled.

Cheers and stay heavy!

Offline morgana

• Spirit
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 05:20:26 PM »
i've seen king in 2000 too, it was in brescia, he played in a little theater....not a good stage (i was in first line with my face squashed right on the stage's edge) but the place was perfect for his stories :)
if he did perform before for his fans, why didn't he do it again? it think there's something more, maybe they were tired or the tour wasn't going that good....i dont' know....this thing left me a bad taste in my mouth!!!
fortunatly i knew it before leaving home too, some friends of mine write on Flash so they told me not to go...

Offline blackblood

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 06:08:37 PM »
I have friends that went to that date near Brescia,that was a much better place compared to the place where I went in that tour,called Rock Planet in romagna.

Back to the show in Reggio I can assure you that the tour was going very well,I don't think the band was tired cause the two previous shows were killer,imo the problems with the owners of the Tempo Club were the only reason for the cancellation,and don't forget that King has even performed when he was a bit sick in the past,there is a couple of bootlegs when he even says it and having cancelled some shows in the past when he was truly sick the fans would have understood if he had cancelled with that motivation,I 'm really sorry for you(after all I had already seen the show twice in this tour),let's hope to not wait for such a long time before seeing King on stage again.Hopefully next year there will be a european tour to support the new album,maybe we should ask Renzo if he knows something about it.

It's kinda weird talking in english with someone that is probably italian like me.

Ciao

Offline morgana

• Spirit
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 02:48:40 AM »

It's kinda weird talking in english with someone that is probably italian like me.

Ciao

è la stessa cosa che ho pensato io :)
bhe si in effetti capisco di averla presa parecchio male questa cosa.... ma king x me significa molto, mi sono innamorata della sua musica la prima volta che l'ho sentito, sai quando si dice amore a prima vista no? ( o al primo ascolto in questo caso) è sempre stato un punto fisso x me, sono abbastanza piccola è vero (24 anni) ma ascolto metal da 9 anni e nonstante ascolti praticamente tutto e nonostante abbia spesso cambiato genere preferito...king rimane sempre il migliore x me, lo è sempre stato in tutti questi anni....quindi bhe credo sia comprensibile essere un po delusa...
io ho parlato con il tipo del tempo rock e ovvio che ha le sue colpe e abbia cercato di pararsi il culo, ma mi è sembrato un persona disponibilissima e anche dispiaciuta x quello che è accaduto...lui cmq sostiene che non sia andata esattamente cosi e che king abbia fatto un sacco di rieschieste strambe fuori dal contratto (voleva ad es che fossero messe delle tende nere dall'uscita dei camerini fino al palco xche nessuno lo vedesse entrare, ora non so sei hai presente il tempo rock....ma c'è un bel po di spazio tra backstage e palco e il sabato pomeriggio alle 6 non so dove uno possa trovare metri e metri di tendaggi neri x accontentarlo). cmq bho...spero che torni presto....e non che ci sia da aspettare altri 6 anni x vederlo!!!!
ciao vale

Offline Ares

• Possessed
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 06:05:07 AM »
don't forget that King has even performed when he was a bit sick in the past

And he did just that when he had a show in Oulu, Finland last April. It was a great show and the audience had to sing the last song, which was Evil.  :king:

It's amazing that when King is even sick, he sounds 100 times better than any other singer. Truly a great artist and performer.
"...if I was God you'd sell your soul to the Great...Southern...Trendkill!"

Offline blackblood

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 06:56:06 AM »

è la stessa cosa che ho pensato io :)
bhe si in effetti capisco di averla presa parecchio male questa cosa.... ma king x me significa molto, mi sono innamorata della sua musica la prima volta che l'ho sentito, sai quando si dice amore a prima vista no? ( o al primo ascolto in questo caso) è sempre stato un punto fisso x me, sono abbastanza piccola è vero (24 anni) ma ascolto metal da 9 anni e nonstante ascolti praticamente tutto e nonostante abbia spesso cambiato genere preferito...king rimane sempre il migliore x me, lo è sempre stato in tutti questi anni....quindi bhe credo sia comprensibile essere un po delusa...
io ho parlato con il tipo del tempo rock e ovvio che ha le sue colpe e abbia cercato di pararsi il culo, ma mi è sembrato un persona disponibilissima e anche dispiaciuta x quello che è accaduto...lui cmq sostiene che non sia andata esattamente cosi e che king abbia fatto un sacco di rieschieste strambe fuori dal contratto (voleva ad es che fossero messe delle tende nere dall'uscita dei camerini fino al palco xche nessuno lo vedesse entrare, ora non so sei hai presente il tempo rock....ma c'è un bel po di spazio tra backstage e palco e il sabato pomeriggio alle 6 non so dove uno possa trovare metri e metri di tendaggi neri x accontentarlo). cmq bho...spero che torni presto....e non che ci sia da aspettare altri 6 anni x vederlo!!!!
ciao vale

Comprendo perfettamente il tuo disappunto,se non avessi seguito i due concerti precedenti a quella data mi sarei arrabbiato molto e sarebbe stata una grande delusione,lo è stata comunque,ma di sicuro per te o chiunque altro che aveva pensato di essere presente solo a quella data è stato anche peggio.Penso cmq che le richieste di King non siano state particolarmente strambe,niente di diverse dalle altre date,purtroppo se l'italia ha la fama di essere un paese dove i fans sono caldi e fantastici ma dove i promoters o i gestori dei locali o i locali stessi non sono all'altezza,beh c'è un motivo,di storie simili ce ne sono state molte nel corso degli anni,ricordo artisti di spessore che hanno dovuto annullare date in passato nel nostro paese per i motivi piu' svariati(Rollins Band,Dio.. solo per citarne un paio).

Probabilmente King avrebbe potuto suonare cmq, anche se in condizioni molto inferiori a quelle ideali,forse si è impuntato su qualcosa di specifico,ma se l'aveva richiesto per tempo non mi sento di colpevolizzarlo piu' di tanto.Spero piuttosto che la cosa non faccia passare la voglia a King di tornare in Italia per molte date,sarebbe stupido visto l'alto numero dei suoi fans italiani,piuttosto sarebbe positivo che questa cancellazione servisse come esempio per i promoters e i gestori di locali che volessero lavorare con King & co. in futuro.

Sull'amore per King il mio è cominciato circa 10-11 anni fa(ma ne ho "9" piu' di te) partendo dall'ascolto di Melissa(che allora comprai in una fiera del disco in lp),per poi seguire tutte le uscite da Into the Unknown in poi(e recuperando tutti i vecchi dischi),Mi sono affezionato in modo particolare a Abigail,Voodoo,Them.. ma alla fine li nominerei tutti,hai perfettamente ragione sul fatto che King alla fine si conferma sempre il migliore(aggiungerei anche Tony Iommi,altro mio grandissimo punto di riferimento e qualche altro grande artista,come Dio,i migliori albums di Ozzy,il Danzig dei primi 4 albums lo adoravo,ma ascolto di tutto dai Morbid Angel ai Depeche Mode,all'opera,da Ayreon ai My Dying Bride,dai Nevermore ai Dream Theater,persino Tears For Fears..),nessun altro artista ha mantenuto questa costanza ad altissimi livelli in ambito metal,e senza mai ripetersi totalmente nonostante si sia sempre mantenuto fedele al genere.

Ci risentiamo su queste frequenze..

Ciao Massi