Author Topic: A Note to King  (Read 15173 times)

Offline Spiderlady

• You Are "9"
A Note to King
« on: November 21, 2007, 06:48:01 am »
I just wanted to tell you that I am actually happy and a bit relieved that you are going to cancel this tour and not take the risk with your back. I think it is wise decision to just wait and give yourself the time you need to heal. Hell, you are a smart man, you know that, don't know why I think I need to say it, lol!

Sure, like the rest of us I was overjoyed at the thought of another amazing King Diamond concert, but it would be devastating to hear that you were permanently injured for the sake of a few shows. I just want to say thank you for all the years of amazing music. I am completely happy with just having the new CD and hopefully more, rather than a live show that might cripple you.

I hope that your back will continue to heal, it is a very slow process indeed. You are and always will be the BEST EVER! Good luck with your recovery.

Best Regards,

Kristi (a.k.a Spiderlady :))

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
Re: A Note to King
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 07:59:20 am »
ditto to everything spiderlady said (and very well said I might add).

wishing you all the best, King.

Azalin
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline E.O.G.

• Haunted
  • Enemy Of God
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 08:37:55 am »
Yeah,amen to that! And when you get fully recovered,try to do this tour with the same bands if it's possible!

[img]http://www.spv.de/banner/kreator_horde

Offline graveyard17

• Possessed
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 09:03:40 am »
Well said Spiderlady.
I could not have put into better words myself.
With all the love we all feel for the King and his music, we all want whats best for his recovery and health.
I am sure that we are all still waiting anxiously for the tour to begin after King's recovery. :king:

Offline Countess De La Fey

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 09:20:45 am »
Good saying Kristi!

King's health is the most important for this tour to happen...if they had continued with it,on the first night King would have had severe pain strokes and would have canceled the tour immediately.

King,get better for the sake of Metal! \m/
\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/

Offline Envenomed627

• Gypsy
  • The Girl Next Door Isn't There Anymore
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 11:38:08 am »
Yes King, of course we're a little disappointed, but given the circumstances I can say that we all 110% understand. Your personal health is much more important than a few shows, and I know that sooner or later, I will be able to see you live. But for now, rest up dude

We ain't mad at ya kim :)

if more bands could be that

Offline maarten.

• The mother of postwhores!
  • NCS Team
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 11:44:04 am »
indeed to everything that Spidey said!

i don't want to see a King on painkillers on stage or a King in pain... no fucking way! i want to see a king on stage that has fun.... so please King, only start to tour if you are recovered a 100%...
we understand (and will always do!)

Neffie's penguin's

Offline Wizzbang11

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • .....fuck TK?
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 12:16:39 pm »
i agree.

i was also wondering though, is this tour canceled or postponed?
SAVE A TREE, EAT A BEAVER

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 12:19:12 pm »
It is canceled from what I know. I am sure he will tour again but I am sure it will have to be a completely different tour but again I don't really know

Offline Buko

• Banshee
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 12:31:41 pm »
Yeah,well said indeed.Let´s hope the pain will leave him quickly!

Offline Spiderlady

• You Are "9"
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 12:48:43 pm »
i agree.

http://www.covenworldwide.org/articles.php?id=111

Offline manager

• Band
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 03:53:32 pm »
i agree.

Officially the tour is cancelled.
It has to be labeld so, in order to proceed with the refund of tickets, and in order not to keep any show agreements on hold for a re-schedule.
This said; in our camp we ( of course ) merely see it as a postponement.
Once King is 101% ready, we will proceed, and start re-booking both for Europe and for North America, in no particular order; this depending on the circumstances. Maybe even a festivel first, we simply can't tell when we're on stage again - but as soon as we're ready, we will start working on re-establishing live shows.
Ole Bang

Offline Countess De La Fey

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007, 04:38:51 am »
Once King is 101% ready, we will proceed, and start re-booking both for Europe and for North America, in no particular order; this depending on the circumstances. Maybe even a festival first,

Yes yes!!! A festival in both Europe and America would be awesome for a beginning!!! Like the Summer festival in germany with manowar(although King may not want it...but maybe in another day :P )

With free beers,King Diamond on stage and some CWW friends,my life would be full \m/
\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 07:28:30 am »
What she said   :)
Like, whatever.

Offline Nuncio

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 07:44:35 am »
Hey King!  :king:

I know you will read this (I hope someone makes a printout of this thread so you don't have to sit in front of a computer to read it), so I just want to THANK YOU for all these years of GREATGREATGREAT music and stories. I don't usually go around stalking artists for autographs or in forums, but you are an exceptional artist and deserve my most profound respect as one of the greatest of our time.
I really hope that you take your time until you're good enough to be yourself and bring the kind of show that I witnessed back at the White Rabbit in the Voodoo tour (my only lucky time that I've been to one of your shows!  :( ).
Always remember that you have a bunch of friends in us that love you and care for you, man!
STAY HEAVY!!!
 \m/

Offline desecrator_of_soul

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
  • Oh Satan, I beseech thee to have mercy on my soul!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 02:39:34 pm »
I hope you have a speedy recovery, your health means much more than a tour! You have changed my life in every aspect. In a world where music is the most important thing to me, you are the by far my greatest influence! A fan for all eternity.

!!!Stay Heavy!!!

Offline Scumdog

• Mad Arab
  • Poop Ship Destroyer
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2007, 03:09:57 pm »
your health means much more than a tour!

absolutely!

take care of yourself
-John

p.s., you're always welcome at my house in Waco if need be :king:

Offline palavos3

• Just A Shadow
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2007, 08:49:15 pm »
Does anyone know how King got this herniated disc anyway? What I mean is did he have an injury? Or was this something gradual? Anyway I hope he recovers because I know how bad backpain can be.

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2007, 09:52:08 pm »
It was probably something gradual.  Lots of back problems are cumulative. People always say "I hurt my back when I picked up the newspaper." Must've been some heavy ass newspaper! 

All I can say is, King, take as much time as you need to HEAL! You can still have 20 more tours but not if you are in a wheelchair!

And Happy Thanksgiving!
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline forsaken

• Spirit
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2007, 10:47:08 pm »
Just like other have mentioned before in this thread, I think it is a very wise desition to cancel the tour. It is much more important that you heal completely before anything else. I hope you recover fully no matter how long it takes so we can still enjoy the KING for all the years to come. Hail the King and best wishes for King and the rest of the band.

Offline seteare

• Unborn
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2007, 11:58:21 pm »
Take care of you King !!!

We're all with you !!!

Frank ±

Offline BLACKEAGLEOFETERNITY

• Witches' Eye
  • NDK Team
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2007, 12:13:46 am »
   Hey Man!I was really looking forward to the San Francisco show in April.O well,Your health is much more important.I completely understand.Get well...............soon.............the man and his wheelchair,living in the past,no room for light,only the dark.......................Take care. Your Majesty...........                                                                     Sincerely,Bay Area Thrashers
so many blackened wings

Offline pepsicat

• Unclean Spirit
  • Hi! Im pepsicat, magic's 6th cousin, moms side
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2007, 05:42:43 pm »
Well this makes me a sad kitty but I understand, as do most of your fans, no one wants to see you get hurt even more.  GET WELL SOON and in the meantime I guess Ill re-listen to your cd's a few hundred times more  \m/

Offline Hammerheart

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2007, 11:01:46 am »
I agree as well, there will always be a next time King! I am glad that you decided to stay home and heal, then when you do tour, you'll be at a 100%! My best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Offline RipperBendix

• Global Moderator
    • Mah Band
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2007, 10:55:05 am »
Health goes above all, King.
Get well and take your time! We need you alive and kicking and for many many years to come.

horns up!
-This space for rent-