Author Topic: New to KD and MF  (Read 9219 times)

Offline bucky01403

• Victimized
Re: New to KD and MF
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2007, 02:38:14 pm »
Holy, wow. I'm speechless.

You're so incredibly lucky too have seen them so many times. It's extremely depressing to know that being so young has inhibited me from ever seeing one of my favorite bands in their prime. Listening back on those old live records (yes, Extraterrestrial Live is from the Fire of Unknown Origin tour), it's really mesmerizing how stellar of a live act BOC was and still is. Their influence is almost beyond recognition, it saddens me they will never get the respect they truly deserve.

God damn your so lucky. :(

King Diamond 4/15 -

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2007, 02:58:19 pm »
yes, I realize that I'm lucky in that I've been able to see some of the truly huge bands that have come along. then again, there were only a handful of truly virtuoso level bands back then....they're everywhere now. thankfully most of them play various sub-genres of metal and hard rock, so I get to enjoy them as well. you ought to go to the BOC website (I imagine you have already) blueoystercult.com and keep an eye on their tour schedule. if you live in the USA anywhere near a major city, they'll be in your area likely within a year... they tour almost constantly.
live audio gear is much, much better than it was 'back in the day' and the three main guys (Dharma, Bloom, and Lanier) are (imo) much better than they were back then too. if you have to make a road trip out of it, do it. you will not be disappointed.
                :)
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline bucky01403

• Victimized
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2007, 03:08:08 pm »
Well me and some buddies were planning a road trip to go see King in April, but you know the story. I'm just gonna scoot on over there and see if there's anything that could work.

I have been to the site, but I've always checked out their tour history. Kinda curious, how were they on the Mirrors tour, were they well received?

King Diamond 4/15 -

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 04:01:03 pm »
oh indeed.....they were great. Albert Bouchard was showing signs of his impending burn-out though. his drum solo was too long and very uninspired. Buck was blistering as always, and having someone like Blackmore on stage before you will really make you play your ass off.
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline Envenomed627

• Gypsy
  • The Girl Next Door Isn't There Anymore
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2007, 09:56:56 pm »
I do enjoy blue oyster cult, but I'm not a huge fan per se. I would love to get into more of their stuff. I'm in love with the songs astronomy, don't fear the reaper and especially I Love The Night. Any suggestions?

On a related note, I met the drummer's father at trade school, he is a videographer on long island.

if more bands could be that

Offline bucky01403

• Victimized
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2007, 12:19:11 pm »
I do enjoy blue oyster cult, but I'm not a huge fan per se. I would love to get into more of their stuff. I'm in love with the songs astronomy, don't fear the reaper and especially I Love The Night. Any suggestions?

On a related note, I met the drummer's father at trade school, he is a videographer on long island.

I'd pick up Secret Treaties, Agents of Fortune, and or Spectres.

King Diamond 4/15 -