Author Topic: Real reason behind King's Microphone cross?  (Read 13267 times)

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
Re: Real reason behind King's Microphone cross?
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2008, 10:19:42 pm »
I have often hear it called "lavey satanist"

It is humanism. The name was picked based on the what Satan represents in Christianity. Indulgence instead of abstinence, and love for those who deserve it instead of empty love waisted on ingrates, hitting someone back instead of turning the other cheek. Satan the deity does not exists there for Satanism is not the worship of Satan but a thought process of moral values that Satan represents I.E. Humanism

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2008, 09:17:33 am »
Thanks. I prefer the term Humanism.
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline TheUnnamedOne

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2008, 09:44:40 am »
The word satanism is very missunderstood word nowdays. People who didn't believe in God was called satanists by the christians during the middleage (don't remember what years it was), but now people think that it means that you woreship Satan and such, but that's called Devil woreshipers. Satanism and Devil Woreship is not the same thing.

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2008, 10:54:51 am »
As I mentioned before the word "Satan" is Hebrew and means Adversary, opposer, Etc.  It never meant God or Evil until the Christians came along with their nonsense which to me is evil.  Real Satanists are the Satans, The Adversaries and Opposers to all spiritual nonsense and xtian cults that say you must be miserable in this life and obey some Deity so that you can find happiness when you die! 
Satanism is the OPPOSITE as it preaches that this is the only life you have so live it to the fullest and only you can do that.  don't rely on a fictional god.  So you see the word Satan and the term Satanism really do fit their beliefs perfectly.  Satan woreshippers are just Christians since the Devil as King says is a Christian god.  Satanism has no gods other than the self.  And the symbolism represents them perfectly. 
It is also important for the ritual atmosphere.  But their rituals are NOT about the supernatural at all, but about using extreme emotional states to send thoughts and imagery to possibly penetrate the unconscious minds of others to try and influence them.  It is a talent that is natural and considered supernormal and there is nothing spiritual about it.
Or to quote King Diamond from a video I have when he was discussing Satanism with the media "Satanism is a wonderful philosophy, carry out your feelings and have a good life since we don't know what happens afterwards".
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline Wizzbang11

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • .....fuck TK?
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2008, 10:57:30 am »
Just curious, it anyone here actually a satanist?
SAVE A TREE, EAT A BEAVER

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2008, 11:05:25 am »
Yes, I am an Active Member/Agent for the Church of Satan.  I also have written about two dozen articles, essays and reviews for a couple of different COS magazines which have received great reviews from the COS.  I was also made a member of one of the officially recognized COS Grotto's a while back.
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline TheUnnamedOne

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2008, 11:21:08 am »
That explaines why you know so much about it. I could've used your help with a essay about satanism I wrote in school one or two years ago. :P

Offline Wizzbang11

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • .....fuck TK?
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2008, 11:24:37 am »
Ah thank you.
It just seemed a little weird that a bunch of people who weren't actually satanists were arguing about the meaning of satanism.
This is more legitimate now  :)
SAVE A TREE, EAT A BEAVER

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2008, 11:36:08 am »
Anytime I can help.  I have studied, practiced and written about the subject for years so I like to think I know something about it. 
I can also say that being someone who receives a lot of free Satanic magazines and stuff over the years due to my contributions and stuff is that King has appeared in many of the issues over the years and does seem to be a lot more up front with his beliefs and practices in the Satanic publications than he is in the more mainstream magazines and interviews. 
I can also say that I have met a lot of other COS members over the years and that quite a few of them discovered Satanism and became members of the COS because of King and his beliefs
which inspired them to discover what Satanism really is and what it isn't. 
Which is why Satanists unlike some of King's other fans are not so surprised when he says that the King Diamond stuff is much more Satanic than the Mercyful Fate stuff.  But that seems to shock a lot of fans who do not understand the difference.  As King has even said the MF is about religion and the occult, myths, legends, spiritual stuff.  Whereas KD is about the human mind and Human instincs and emotions, etc that exist in all of the time periods that he uses.  That is Satanism.  How the human animal reacts to things that happen.  And also his stories involve two sides, the so called good and evil which are subjective which we as Satanists know.

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2008, 12:18:54 pm »
I am not a "active member" of the church of Satan. I don't write about nor do i receive magazines or found any others that live i my town that are so i  don't really converse with them except for the few i meet on here and on a few Satanism forums that i frequent but i do own and have read the satanic bible and i have researched it from creation  along with other regions including Christianity. The only one that makes any sense to me is satanism. I live my life by the principles founded by LaVey and have before i new of "Satanism". The satanic bible has helped me to understand and put into words the way i have always felt. It helped me to understand the way i lived my life.

I don't know if that makes me a satanist or not. I suppose i will leave that term up to the people who know me but again it is the only form of thought that make sense to me

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2008, 12:21:10 pm »
Sounds good to me.

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2008, 11:55:57 am »
I am surprised no one has been able to answer this one.  I was hoping King would since he was on the other day.