Author Topic: 10 Years of Voodoo  (Read 11186 times)

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
Re: 10 Years of Voodoo
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 08:42:33 am »
Exactly, I believe King was trying to be funny by saying that line.
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 09:17:22 am »
it's a fairly common, if not cliched expression. I don't think EOG is trying to show a flaw in the lyrics, I just think he's pointing out a bit of irony. if so, I agree with him.
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline janiperta

• Mandrake
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2008, 01:32:23 am »
So it's 10 years already!? How the time flies. But in my opinion, this album is maybe the worst thing King has done. I've struggled for years now between Voodoo, Spider's Lullabye and Abigail II. I finally got into Abigail II, so that's off the list, but no matter how hard I try, Voodoo just doesn't shock me. The story, in my opinion, is by far the weakest performance from King. I myself have never thought voodoo being scary thing in any way, and some of the lyric lines on this album just make me want to stop playing the whole thing. I especially hate the line in outro: "By the way, my name is Salem"... What the hell??? King has never written so stupid line before or after. But that's just my opinion.
Happy 10th anniversary, Voodoo, but you will never be in my top 5 Diamond album, since there are so many better, with original, scary (or disturbing) stories and riffs that blow my mind from the very first time I hear it.

Offline undeadbob

• Salem
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 01:32:21 pm »
"Believe it or not, I think Voodoo would make the most kickass KD movie and has the most potential to get made"

I was thinking that when watching Skeleton Key

Offline Tero

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2008, 02:01:03 am »
Voodoo is a good album, but King Diamond has many much better albums. I think the first half of the album is very good and after that it gets bit boring. "LOA" House, Life After Death, Voodoo and One Down Two To Go are the best songs. In my opinion the title track is very interesting composition. It really shows King's songwriting skills.

Offline King

• The King Of Diamonds
    • https://www.facebook.com/travis.falcon.94
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 03:27:57 pm »
cannot believe its been out that long
its nice we have alot more releases yet to come :king:

Offline Huntsm├Žnus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 09:14:27 pm »
Voodoo is a good album, but King Diamond has many much better albums. I think the first half of the album is very good and after that it gets bit boring. "LOA" House, Life After Death, Voodoo and One Down Two To Go are the best songs. In my opinion the title track is very interesting composition. It really shows King's songwriting skills.

When one reviews the entire King Diamond collection, it must be broken up into eras or decades. One must agree that the 80s were the band's Golden Years. You also have the 90s and the Y2K era. Or as I like to call it the Revisionist Era, which is really a new revolution of KD storylines. Voodoo is among the 90s era, and it's the best of the 3 albums released in the 90s. However, with these albums being remastered, I'm looking forward to this era with an enthusiam I didn't have when they were released...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline Hammerheart

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2008, 09:37:55 pm »
you guys are crazy! Voodoo is the ONLY King Diamond album that has a chance to stand up to his masterpeice, Abigail. But for sure, it's his second best, imo, and a fact that it's his best metal blade release. At least THAT can be proven. His weakest album is the Graveyard. It doesnt have the exellent songwriting, agression, or atmosphere that Voodoo has.