Author Topic: AUTOGRAPHED MERCYFUL FATE LP Dont Break the Oath ORIGINAL!  (Read 9041 times)

Offline LEVIATHAN

• Unborn
AUTOGRAPHED MERCYFUL FATE LP Dont Break the Oath ORIGINAL!
« on: December 01, 2006, 07:50:21 PM »
I have an original 1984 Combat records Mercyful Fate LP signed by the entire line up that appers on the record. Signed sometime in the 80s. I believe its rare enough just to track down an original pressing nowadays without any signitures.

Im quite curious how much people would cough up for an item like this. $20? $50? $100? More? I know there are some people on here that are pretty big on MF/KD (including myself) so I seek some of your opinions.

I may actually want to part with this if I can get a decent offer. Trade or sale. Or maybe I'll put it on ebay but I thought I'd post it around here first
Post, PM or nokturnalpoisoning@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 07:52:08 PM by LEVIATHAN »

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
Re: AUTOGRAPHED MERCYFUL FATE LP Dont Break the Oath ORIGINAL!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 08:27:56 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but bought autographs are worth $0.

Offline TheUnnamedOne

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 06:34:36 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but bought autographs are worth $0.

Yeah, for me too, the whole thing about autographs to me is that you've met the band.
But the original pressing to me is worth at least $40-$50

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
  • Doomed by the living dead!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 09:19:23 AM »
Yeah, for me too, the whole thing about autographs to me is that you've met the band.
But the original pressing to me is worth at least $40-$50

??? that much.

you see this record quite often on metal markets or on e-bay. It's certainly not rare.
€10 for a perfect copy should do it.

Concerning the autographs....it's nice to have signed items...when you have it signed in front of you.
Not for buying stuff like that on e-bay. (easy for me to say since i have quite a few signed items)

In the end it's up to the individual, as i am sure there are people out there who would like too pay good money (about $35 / $40 (just an estimate) for it.

nah

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 09:42:45 AM »
I also have Combat. It's ordered from Canada by a local tiny record store and it's got a hole through the cover. How does one know if it's original or not? I bought it 1990. It also have lyrics included, unlike Roadrunner-version that one of my friends bought from Finland.

Offline TheUnnamedOne

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 09:49:49 AM »
??? that much.

you see this record quite often on metal markets or on e-bay. It's certainly not rare.
€10 for a perfect copy should do it.

Oh ok, I thought it was really rare nowdays.

Tredz

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 12:47:32 PM »
there is 2 pressage from combat one green label the other camouflage label.
even he is signed no more than 20 U$.  :cool:

Offline LEVIATHAN

• Unborn
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 10:45:31 PM »
there is 2 pressage from combat one green label the other camouflage label. :cool:

Which was pressed first?

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
  • Doomed by the living dead!
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 01:03:10 AM »
It also have lyrics included, unlike Roadrunner-version that one of my friends bought from Finland.

I'm Dutch....and i have the Roadrunner version.....inlcuding the printed innersleeve with lyrics.
Never seen it without one.

He bought the record 2nd hand?
Maybe the previous owner removed the innersleeve, for whatever reason.
nah

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 07:34:52 AM »
He bought it from Helsinki some real recordstore brand new. The innersleeve was just white with hole in the middle.

Offline Bloodfreak

• Lady In Black
  • THRASH ATTACK
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 03:02:42 PM »
I also have the Roadrunner Records Version with Lyrics (I´m from Germany) - when the lyrics are missing then it´s not original....they just got lost!!! I have some LP´s by myself were I bought second hand and the lyrics were missing....it´s a damn thing but sometimes when you only pay 2 Euros for a pretty rare LP then it´s ok when the lyrics were missing....(especially when you can get them in the internet...) :gah:

Tredz

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 09:06:01 AM »
Which was pressed first?

i don't know no info concerning the first pressing !

Offline Amon 666

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 02:12:47 AM »
Hi there!
Well, I agree with the opinion that an autograph is worth a fortune to the one who gets it from the band, but it means nothing if you just pay some (or some more!) bucks for it just to "own" it! I was (and still am) surprised about the biddings for the signed hood of my car (the oversiced "Conspiracy"-Cover); last price offered was about 2300,- Euro just for the hood... . But no matter what the price will ever be: it was a gift from King and the band to ME and I`ll NEVER sell it!!! It`s UNHOLY to me - my precious (*hissssssss...!*)!!! By the way, my 4-year-old girl would be very sad if there suddenly would`t be "the masked singer" (=King) on the hood - she already loves his music (well, most of it)!
Anyway, if you sell a signed album/item (how could you do it if THEY signed it for you!?!), put up a realistic price for the item itself and sell it to someone "worth owning" it (even if the band signed for someone else). Cause the "Don`t Break the Oath"-LP isn`t that rare I think 10-20$ would be fair, even if someone offers you more - don`t just support the rich! OK, enough about this "Voice of Reason"-stuff!

See you for tea, sometime!!!
     --- Amon 666 ---

"In the darkness we live our lives,
in the dark we die again!"

« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 02:17:12 AM by Amon 666 »
"In the darkness we live our lives -
 in the dark we die again...!!!"

Hail to the KING!!!
See you

Tredz

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 10:15:54 AM »
Hi there!
Well, I agree with the opinion that an autograph is worth a fortune to the one who gets it from the band, but it means nothing if you just pay some (or some more!) bucks for it just to "own" it! I was (and still am) surprised about the biddings for the signed hood of my car (the oversiced "Conspiracy"-Cover); last price offered was about 2300,- Euro just for the hood... . But no matter what the price will ever be: it was a gift from King and the band to ME and I`ll NEVER sell it!!! It`s UNHOLY to me - my precious (*hissssssss...!*)!!! By the way, my 4-year-old girl would be very sad if there suddenly would`t be "the masked singer" (=King) on the hood - she already loves his music (well, most of it)!
Anyway, if you sell a signed album/item (how could you do it if THEY signed it for you!?!), put up a realistic price for the item itself and sell it to someone "worth owning" it (even if the band signed for someone else). Cause the "Don`t Break the Oath"-LP isn`t that rare I think 10-20$ would be fair, even if someone offers you more - don`t just support the rich! OK, enough about this "Voice of Reason"-stuff!

See you for tea, sometime!!!
     --- Amon 666 ---

"In the darkness we live our lives,
in the dark we die again!"

2300 € just for the hood ! interesting lol

Offline Lafeys Ghost

• The Preacher
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »
. It also have lyrics included, unlike Roadrunner-version that one of my friends bought from Finland.
I have the roadrunner version and it has lyrics included