Author Topic: Mercyful Fate: Walking Back to Hell vinyl  (Read 5256 times)

Offline TheUnnamedOne

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
Mercyful Fate: Walking Back to Hell vinyl
« on: December 02, 2006, 05:06:17 AM »
I bought a Mercyful Fate vinyl not too long ago (haven't listened to it yet becouse my brother uses the vinylplayer (??)), it is called Walking Back to Hell. After a little research about it on google, I found out that it's one of Mercyful Fate's absolute first gigs. I don't know if it's true.
Does anyone know something about this vinyl?

Offline Bloodfreak

• Lady In Black
  • THRASH ATTACK
Re: Mercyful Fate: Walking Back to Hell vinyl
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 06:18:50 AM »
I have it by myself (in red vinyl - like I think all red vinyl pressings there´s  a pressing error: There´s a lot of hiss and crackle on side A) - there´s also a black vinyl version around (like I know without that pressing error with lots of hiss and crackle). It must be the first Gig in summer 1981 in Taastrup, Denmark under the name of Mercyful Fate. But I´m a little bit confused ´cause King is talking in english with the crowd - on other bootlegs from Denmark is talking danish (logically).
Therefore I´m not 100% sure if the date is true.

The same recording was released as several bootlegs (Sabbath Of All Witches, The Witch, Walking Back To Hell, Taastrup, Denmark 1981 - The Beginning...)

Offline TheUnnamedOne

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 06:25:35 AM »
Ok, my vinyl is black, I can't wait to listen to it. But my stupid brother uses the player to convert the vinyls into mp3s on his computer, so maybe I can ask him to do the same with my vinyl. I got it for a really good price; 130 swedish crowns, that's like $15 or something, so if it's one of their first gigs i assume it's rare and worth alot more.

About he's talking english in it; I think I've seen some videos on youtube from a early MF gig in Denmark where he's talking english, but I'm not sure if it's live in Denmark. It would be a little odd to talk english on a gig in Denmark if you're from there

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
  • Doomed by the living dead!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 09:28:17 AM »
I got it for a really good price; 130 swedish crowns, that's like $15 or something, so if it's one of their first gigs i assume it's rare and worth alot more.

$15 sums it up pretty much. I wouldn't pay more for it...got the black vinyl myself.
It is a rare item, but not that rare as you may think.

nah

Offline King

• The King Of Diamonds
    • https://www.facebook.com/travis.falcon.94
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 10:29:47 AM »
id like to come across this,.im gonna get all of KD/MF merchandise i could get my hands on,
want to get the KD watch next

Tredz

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 12:51:04 PM »
for all the info concerning pas tour see
http://www.kisswacks.com/dates/index.htm
and help him thanks !  \m/