Author Topic: DANGER ZONE - Demo 1981  (Read 6334 times)

Offline A.O.D.

• Ghost of Change
DANGER ZONE - Demo 1981
« on: May 06, 2008, 09:02:33 AM »
Hell awaits !!!
Here is an old new maniac from germany !!!
I am a MF and KD-fan since nearly 20 years and I want to ask something about the demostuff.
Through the years I collected some bootlegs (and of course all official stuff !!!) of MERCYFUL FATE (and KING DIAMOND).
One of my personal highlights is the original tape of "Curse Of The Pharaos" which includes some old demostuff which was not all released on "Return Of The Vampire".
Some questions: Accoring to METAL ARCHIVES, the BRATS-demo from 1981 includes 9 tracks, but I know only the four cuts "Death Kiss", "Love Criminals", "Combat Zone" and "Some Day". Does anybody own the entire demo ??? It would be very interesting to me to listen the stuff for the very first time...!!!
On "Return Of The Vampire" the track "Mission: Destroy Aliens" is actually a song recorded by a MF sideproject called DANGER ZONE. This demo includes 4 tracks (incl. "Persecution" and "Truck Driver", right ???), but the other tracks except "M.D.A." are only avialble on very band quality on some bootlegs like "House Of Satan" and "The Lost Tapes". Does anybody own the DANGER ZONE demo in very good quality ???
Okay, questions, questions... Would be KILLER to get answer...!!!

Offline A.O.D.

• Ghost of Change
Re: DANGER ZONE - Demo 1981
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 10:27:22 AM »
Does nobody have some information ???

Offline Buko

• Banshee
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 01:58:34 PM »
Does nobody have some information ???
Hi there.I´m also a fan since ´86.I have an old tape with the fatal portrait demo and 3 songs from dangerzone.I only have the title from one track called "another fallen angel".I have to listen to the other tracks again and the quality.will get back to you later,alright?!
 \m/

Offline A.O.D.

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 02:39:50 PM »
Hello,
sounds good !!!
Would be great to hear from you !!!

Offline King Of Diamonds

• Possessed
  • I am many...We are one... The HIGHEST!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 03:08:02 PM »
I know I've got a Danger Zone demo, and a bunch of other old MF & KD demos, but it's been ages since I last looked at them or listened. I would have to dig them out of the archives, so it'll take me a bit, but I know for certain I've got a bunch of rare old stuff on tape.

Offline A.O.D.

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 02:52:43 AM »
If you drop the old demos out of your vaults, please let me know about tracklisting and quality !!!

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 12:45:38 PM »
I used to have this "Curse of the Pharoahs" tape/lp. It did indeed have a few more songs than "Vampire" release. This certainly wasn't an official release, so who did this? I've heard a few fans made this bootleg...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline A.O.D.

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 02:13:33 PM »
According some sources on the internet, CURSE OF THE PHARAOHS was a release done by an old fanclub. The quality on this tape is amazing, so I think it was done by real maniacs.

Offline Buko

• Banshee
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 05:04:54 AM »
I can´t tell you that much about the danger zone demo.I´m listening to it right now.The sound is ok for a demo.Some noises here and there but quite enjoyable hearing it.By the way,who was the singer on this project?

Offline A.O.D.

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 02:50:41 PM »
If you have tzhe 1981 demo (9 tracks), the singer is King Diamond !!!

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 09:28:18 PM »
Hi there.I´m also a fan since ´86.I have an old tape with the fatal portrait demo and 3 songs from dangerzone.I only have the title from one track called "another fallen angel".I have to listen to the other tracks again and the quality.will get back to you later,alright?!
 \m/

Fatal Portrait demo? Wow. I'd love to hear that...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline Buko

• Banshee
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 09:38:38 AM »
If you have tzhe 1981 demo (9 tracks), the singer is King Diamond !!!
There are only 3 tracks on the demo and its definately not King.You can recognize the guitarwork of Denner.

Offline A.O.D.

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 03:32:06 PM »
Here is a link to the DANGER ZONE-Demo:

http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=69728

The track "Mission: Destroy Aliens" was released on "Return Of The Vampire"-LP, featuring King Diamond on vocals !!! All other tracks are recorded in the same line up !!!
The "Fatal Portrait" demo is just a roughmix of a few songs, later released on the official album.

Offline A.O.D.

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 03:33:41 PM »
...my mistake: The DANGER ZONE demo includes only 5 tracks, but the last BRATS demo, also with King Diamond on vocals, includes 9 tracks, but only 4 are known from HOUSE OF SATAN and CURSE OF THE PHARAOHS fan LP.