Author Topic: RETURN OF THE VAMPIRE - Expanded Edition ???  (Read 3132 times)

Offline A.O.D.

• Ghost of Change
RETURN OF THE VAMPIRE - Expanded Edition ???
« on: May 07, 2008, 11:56:27 PM »
Now the entire back catalogue of KING DIAMOND and MERCYFUL FATE is available in remastered and expanded editions - why do the not re-release the RETURN OF THE VAMPIRE cd in an expanded edition ??? Would be KILLER to get all demos for the first time in its entirety in best possible quality on a 2 cd set, wouldn`t ist ???
Disc one could include all the MERCYFUL FATE demostuff, including all three demos in its full entirety, disc two could include the BRATS 1981 demo and the DANGER ZONE demo from 1981. A dream would come true...!!!

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
Re: RETURN OF THE VAMPIRE - Expanded Edition ???
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 01:59:09 AM »
i guess that would be quite cool, but what would i need it for if i already had the other stuff that would be on it? :gah:

Offline A.O.D.

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 02:05:34 AM »
Since many years I am looking for the entire BRATS and DANGER ZONE demo. the DANGER ZONE demo I got, compiled from different sources, in a very bad quality, the BRATS demo seems to be rare as hell, I have only 4 tracks in good quality, also from different sources like CURSE OF THE PHARAOHS and HOUSE OF SATAN...

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 02:07:45 AM »
i have access to the Brat vinyl at the time, also will be purchasing it on first edition CD as soon as possible need only the money, Danger Zone i havent thought of trying to get yet, but i know it aint impossible :P cant see how it should be more expensive than the white bordered Nuns Have No Fun Fx

Offline A.O.D.

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 06:15:23 AM »
Well, I have the BRATS vinyl, but its too much punk on that record...the 1981 demo includes some tracks, later reworked by MERCYFUL FATE and it could be more interesting to get this one in its entirety.
Yes, it seems to be impossible to get the DANGER ZONE demo...was it official released or just recorded and left in the can ??? Sure it was a studio recording, so it should sound great ("Mission: Destroy Aliens" was taken from that demo and on "Return Of The Vampire" it sounds awesome !!!). Okay, let`s hope that we can listen to it sometimes !!!

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 01:19:20 PM »
yeah all that i see we can do is wait and see what the future might bring, and hey maybe you someday will get the Demo  :D