Author Topic: Sound Quality of the remasters  (Read 5031 times)

Offline ADAngerousMeeting

• Unborn
Sound Quality of the remasters
« on: December 05, 2006, 04:30:43 PM »
I am wondering what kind of Kbps the remasters of Dont break the oath, abigail, fatal portrait, etc.. have.

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
Re: Sound Quality of the remasters
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 06:39:52 PM »
I am wondering what kind of Kbps the remasters of Dont break the oath, abigail, fatal portrait, etc.. have.
kilobits per second?

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 01:04:28 PM »
You know, it is kinda shocking to know those remasters will soon be 10 old next year!
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Lurker From The Dark
  • even a broken clock is right twice a day
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 03:06:06 AM »
Well dont know actualy but do know for certain they do rock !
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...would explain why i am so nice !

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 10:10:42 PM »
The remasters sounded great on the two first albums, big and juicy, but there was not much they could do with "Them", because of its purposely over-dry drum sound. Same thing with "Conspiracy" and "The Eye" - both very rushed productions.

King abandoned his late 80's fat sound, for a more dry Mercyful fate-ish production style on later KD albums. I blame Kol Marshall. Damn the man.

Why is it that Andy La Rocque, as a producer, can get huge sounds out of similar bands, like Evergrey, but not be trusted to pull the same oomph out of KD? Hire Andy as the sole producer for the next KD album, in Andy's excellent studio. That is my vote.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"If thine eyes deceive thee, pluck them out"

Offline vonseux

• Banshee
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 03:45:19 PM »
there's an interesting comment on 25th Roadrunner Abigail about the recordinds and the use of Reverb in everything. Sure it' dated tech, but it sounded great back there.

I love the production on Puppet Muster, Abigail 2, and House of God; all is very clean and heavy