Author Topic: Diamond DVD....  (Read 8453 times)

Offline Halford

• Unclean Spirit
Diamond DVD....
« on: November 15, 2006, 06:51:34 AM »
Hello  \m/
I've been looking for a King Diamond DVD. A liveshow or something in that directíon, you know. But - somehow I can't find anything. You may find me as stupid or something - anyway, will you do me a favor and give me a link to a shop, or just tell me the names of them. If it exist of course! It would be nice!  >:(
Kongen af Danmark rocks!

Offline grr

• Lady In Black
Re: Diamond DVD....
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 07:04:46 AM »
There are no DVD:s with liveshows as far as I know. It should be the Abigail remastered with like two songs you could watch on YouTube, bery bad filmed.

But I had been saying very long time now that King HAS to do a DVD, everyone is doing that now. Why not make it from the tour he did this summer? With many cameras, extra-material, backstage, interview with the members and so on. It would be great! Is it money that are the problem? Someone who knows?

Good that you started this thread, Rob... ;)
King Diamond and Mercyful Fate Fanclub Sweden

Offline TheUnnamedOne

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 08:07:10 AM »
I've read or heard that he's working on some old King Diamond and Mercyful Fate footage, mixing it and stuff. This was a while ago now, so it could've been the Abigail remastered DVD. But I would really like to see a King Diamond live DVD, I think it's about time.

Offline Halford

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 08:49:17 AM »
OK, glad you guys answered. Now I don't feel so stupid not finding any DVD's with King. But, on the other side, I could live feeling stupid if you told me he actually had made a DVD.

Anyway, I was looking for some stuff about the 'maybe comming KD-DVD', that 'TheUnnamedOne' talked about! And - I was luky finding an interview in a danish site.
I translate a little part about 'the maybe coming DVD' here if it has interest: (the interview is from the 27th of February 06)

Interviewer: Last time we talked, you had told me about plans with making a DVD. What is the situation about that now?
KD: Brian Slagel from Metal Blade was by not so long ago, to see the material I had. A 4 hour long DVD is the plan. Among them a show from 'Fælledparken' (a danish park), taken from five angles. We also have a show from Washington, from our first US Tour.

He goes on, but the main thing is that he has plans making a DVD, which is good. Let's hope it really is coming....!

I made a thread asking which country people came from, and no one were danes, but if there ARE any, which there must be, the link for the interviwe are: http://www.heavymetal.dk/interviews_view.php?id=101
Kongen af Danmark rocks!

Offline Bloodfreak

• Lady In Black
  • THRASH ATTACK
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 09:47:06 AM »
he´s gonna make a DVD with old footage. Also he´ll do a DVD with vintage Mercyful Fate footage. I hope it will be released soon!!! The alternatives are the King Diamond - Abigail (Roadrunner Anniversary release) - it has all video clips from King Diamond (The family Ghost, Welcome Home, Sleepless Nights) plus a bootleg footage from the Abigail Tour (Sweden 1987 with two cameras from the audience) and second one is the Mercyful Fate - Melissa (Roadrunner Anniversary release) - it has old professional footage from a gig in Eindhoven 1983 (but only 3 songs - I was a little bit disappointed that they didn´t include the whole footage...).

Also there are several bootlegs around....you can try www.dimeadozen.org (you have to try a little bit to register but it works when you´re a little bit patient) - currently there are two bootlegs for download (King Diamond - Live in Tilburg 1990 and King Diamond - Live In California 1998)

Offline vonseux

• Banshee
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 06:45:16 PM »
there are 2 exellent bootlegs from Deadly Lullabies tour

the best is montreal 2003, and the other is Zlin

there's also an bootleg from Graveyard tour, but with poor quality

i do have also an official footage from brazillian Monsters of Rock where King played both with solo and Mercyful Fate

Offline Michel

• Spirit
  • /\ôO/\
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 02:32:55 AM »
i do have also an official footage from brazillian Monsters of Rock where King played both with solo and Mercyful Fate

WANT /\OO/\ !

Offline Satan's Portrait

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 04:32:31 AM »

Official footage...?

Offline vonseux

• Banshee
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 10:48:02 AM »
Official footage...?

yeah,  by local TV station... it's 5 MF and 5 KD songs

Evil
Bell Witch
Univited Guest
Satan's Fall
Come to the Sabbath
/
Welcome Home
Invisible Guest
Sleepless Nights
Meet Me At Midnight
Abigail

just mail me if anyone wants it... 

Offline zorrow

• Jonah
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 01:13:54 PM »
Yes, they talked a while ago about a DVD with some old stuff, but I am still waiting for it. The band is very quiet since... well; it feels like it's almost since EVER!

Offline blackblood

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 10:32:58 AM »
King Diamond shows are visually awesome and not just fantastic sonic experiences,it's shame we're still waiting for an official live video release,I hope that when it will be filmed it does justice to the band,and please no overdubs,if King is still working for Metal Blade(and I think so) I would suggest them to take a look at the awesome Amon Amarth 3dvds package,the main show has a great production and though I dislike the fast editing that doesn't allow to see the guitar solos without camera changes every couple of seconds it's a very well done release with lots of full shows with very different setlists.Something like that with the huge King Diamond catalogue being used to get several songs off each album would be awesome(but very probably it won't happen,and I stopped dreaming since I've realized that King gets such a poor support from his labels).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 10:36:16 AM by blackblood »

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 03:03:26 PM »
it will be awseone if king will make a dvd with diffrent setlist and a good quality , It will be justice for the band lets wait
BAMT