Author Topic: King Diamond pictures  (Read 302923 times)

Offline RipperBendix

• Global Moderator
    • Mah Band
Re: King Diamond pictures
« Reply #875 on: August 03, 2014, 01:41:09 AM »
I would kill to see King just one more time sporting his old gear and make up. Even if it's just for oldschool nostalgia fun
-This space for rent-

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #876 on: August 03, 2014, 05:53:39 AM »
I would not mind seeing that either.  Especially as the current make-up has been the same for so long now
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #877 on: August 03, 2014, 08:16:42 AM »
Many people I know do prefer the current one! Me too!
I think every make-up had its reason of being! From Melissa 'till Abigail there was that sort of "bat wings" make-up with the inverted cross, which fits with satanic and demonic possessions lyrics!
From "Them" to The Spider's Lullabye has been changed and became more "old horror" style, which was good for those "tumble-down creacky and dusty house" scenario! B-movie style!
The one of The Graveyard and Voodoo was rather cadaveric, with white face and black eye sockets and lips! In fact, those stories are about some cemetery sequences!
Regarding the last one, from House Of God 'till now, King said that in some way it represents the confusion! A man who doesn't know what to believe (House Of God), a sick and confused man (Jonathan in Abigail II: The Revenge), and a scared to death man who can't realize what's going on untill he's facing it (The Puppet Master and Give Me Your Soul... Please)!

Offline RipperBendix

• Global Moderator
    • Mah Band
« Reply #878 on: August 03, 2014, 11:01:16 AM »
Oh I know that and am behind the artistics 100%! I am just curious to see how it would look in King today. :)
-This space for rent-

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #879 on: August 03, 2014, 11:24:02 AM »
If it's just for curiosity everything is welcome! :D
But I don't think I'd like if he would bring back the old make-up in new shows.
Maybe I could appreciate a completely new one! The new album will be about hospital experience, if I got it right! Who knows! ::)