Author Topic: King's name  (Read 29358 times)

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • The mother of postwhores!
  • $xDxR
Re: King's name
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2010, 10:14:42 pm »
Yeah,in 2005 there used to be a forum moderator or webmaster what not named "Ripper Bindix",there was this member that was obsessed with the hair band 'White Lion" and I said they sucked,thats all and I said he might as well be into Boy George and I posted a picture of Boy George being funny and that #@!# banned me for it??? lol!  It was retarded to say the least lol!!
yeah, that was really retarded

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2010, 02:17:49 am »
Are you sure? I have thought about that alternative myself.
I think King(/and the guys) couldn't have been that stupid to put wrong spelling as their name.
King is genius, not idiot. So I think the name must be clever, not stupid.
But I do agree on that Mercyful looks better than Merciful. ::)
Always heard it was because it looked wrong with the Font.
Speaking of King's name.......what ever happened to the forum moderator or webmaster...'Ripper Bindix" that used to patrol these pages a few years ago?  He actually banned me in 2005 for posting a picture of "Boy Geroge" HAHAHA lomfl! I'll explain later haha!!
Imo Ripper is a very nice guy. Depends on what picture you have posted.

He hasn't been around for a year but i think he still is an Admin

Offline General Hammerthrone

• Lady In Black
  • Traditional Metal Reign Supreme!
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2010, 02:59:43 am »
Depends on what picture you have posted.

He hasn't been around for a year but i think he still is an Admin

I posted a simple "picture" of Boy George and because I posted it,he "banned" me lol! It was utterly "retarded" as he was obviously being at that time. lol! There was no warning,no nothin' he just banned my account! lol!  I just laughed my ass off is all that came out of it lol!!

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2010, 03:00:55 am »

I posted a simple "picture" of Boy George and because I posted it,he "banned" me lol! It was utterly "retarded" as he was obviously being at that time. lol! There was no warning,no nothin' he just banned my account! lol!  I just laughed my ass off is all that came out of it lol!!
Well there might have been a reason you could send him a PM asking him why?

I think you should have had a warning at least before being banned

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2010, 08:03:08 am »

I posted a simple "picture" of Boy George and because I posted it,he "banned" me lol! It was utterly "retarded" as he was obviously being at that time. lol! There was no warning,no nothin' he just banned my account! lol!  I just laughed my ass off is all that came out of it lol!!

I would say the banning was probably more for your approach in expressing your opinion.  Granted it was your opinion, but no one wants/likes to hear, "Hey, that band you like SUCKS!"

If you felt it absolutely necessary to express a negative opinion and belittle another's opinion, and I can't see where it would be unless their opinion was malicious or disrespectful, I can see where it would be felt that it should have been done a little more cordially.

Example:
If someone says, "I love Given Band.  They're my favorite band."
You disagree...say something like, "That's cool, but I have never really dug them."

Don't say, "Given Band blows goats, and anyone who likes them probably eats some cock." :gah:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 08:04:04 am by lightninfeet »
The new Seeing Seven album "Genesis III" out now! www.seeingseven.com

Offline Thomas

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2010, 10:18:27 am »
I actually listened to White Lion yesterday. They have som great songs like El Salvador, Lady of the valley and a few more. \m/ i won't mention the acoustic stuff or the ballads though... :-[

• Lady In Black
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2010, 01:34:53 pm »
I would say the banning was probably more for your approach in expressing your opinion.  Granted it was your opinion, but no one wants/likes to hear, "Hey, that band you like SUCKS!"

If you felt it absolutely necessary to express a negative opinion and belittle another's opinion, and I can't see where it would be unless their opinion was malicious or disrespectful, I can see where it would be felt that it should have been done a little more cordially.

Example:
You disagree...say something like, "That's cool, but I have never really dug them."

Don't say, "Given Band blows goats, and anyone who likes them probably eats some cock." :gah:

Well I wasn't being a dick when I said it although he may have taken it that way,I never said anything that "rude',the guy was going on and on and on about how great White Lion was ect..and I said they were lame,I never said it that shitty ect....so I posted a picture of Boy George and said that I like The Culture Club(joking of course) and Ripper banned me on the spot! HA!

He must of been having a shit day perhaps?

What is funny is that Natas just got through telling me I don't have to apologize for bashing Metallica as I said "I'm sorry to Metallica fans for my comments ect.." and he said how its my opinion and I should be able to express it any way I want to.... yet I got banned for expressing an opinion......its no different,what a joke that was.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 01:36:22 pm by General Hammerthrone »

Offline arrival

• Haunted
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2010, 02:03:26 pm »

Example:

BTW Lightninfeet, you are now 'king of diamonds' or so it says on your profile.

I love this conversation, one of the most interesting ones in the recent past.
And the shadows on the wall/ they really came alive

Offline King

• The King Of Diamonds
    • https://www.facebook.com/travis.falcon.94
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2010, 03:23:03 pm »
I actually listened to White Lion yesterday. They have som great songs like El Salvador, Lady of the valley and a few more. \m/ i won't mention the acoustic stuff or the ballads though... :-[
\m/

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2010, 07:11:03 pm »
BTW Lightninfeet, you are now 'king of diamonds' or so it says on your profile.

I love this conversation, one of the most interesting ones in the recent past.

\m/

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2010, 08:06:47 pm »
 What is funny is that Natas just got through telling me I don't have to apologize for bashing Metallica as I said "I'm sorry to Metallica fans for my comments ect.." and he said how its my opinion and I should be able to express it any way I want to.... yet I got banned for expressing an opinion......its no different,what a joke that was.

I think you're missing the point.  I don't think it was about you disrespecting White Lion.  I think it was about you, essentially, disrespecting another forum member for listening to White Lion, and even going to far as to metaphorically call him gay by posting a pic of Boy George.

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2010, 10:23:36 pm »
I think you're missing the point.  I don't think it was about you disrespecting White Lion.  I think it was about you, essentially, disrespecting another forum member for listening to White Lion, and even going to far as to metaphorically call him gay by posting a pic of Boy George.
RED GOLD AND GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN :king:  King Diamond needs to cover Boy George.
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

• Lady In Black
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2010, 02:20:02 am »

Yes I realize that lightninfeet but what about the guy(can't remember his name) that posted a picture of a jar of vaseline and told me how "f#%$#d" I was in that thread the other week? (lol!) Even though I think its funny,its no different than him getting banned for posting that Vaseline picture right? Its just an observation,thats all not arguing with ya,I see your over all point.

Offline Thomas

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2010, 12:39:53 pm »
Yes I realize that lightninfeet but what about the guy(can't remember his name) that posted a picture of a jar of vaseline and told me how "f#%$#d" I was in that thread the other week? (lol!) Even though I think its funny,its no different than him getting banned for posting that Vaseline picture right? Its just an observation,thats all not arguing with ya,I see your over all point.

Good point! I'm looking forward to the reply on this.

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2010, 11:38:47 am »

It was my good friend Maiden Jersey.  If I remember correctly, the Vaseline pic was in response to you (again) negatively commenting on someone else's opinion (or generally going against the overall flow of the thread), and not in response to an original opinion of yours that he disagreed with.

It's one thing to state an opinion.  It's another thing to attack other's opinions, and then just call the attack "your opinion."  If that makes any sense.

BTW, this particular discussion is being held very cordially, and I hope that I, in no way, have have come off as attacking you.  Just trying to explain my view from the outside. :king:

• Lady In Black
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2010, 02:34:27 pm »
It was my good friend Maiden Jersey.  If I remember correctly, the Vaseline pic was in response to you (again) negatively commenting on someone else's opinion (or generally going against the overall flow of the thread), and not in response to an original opinion of yours that he disagreed with.

It's one thing to state an opinion.  It's another thing to attack other's opinions, and then just call the attack "your opinion."  If that makes any sense.

BTW, this particular discussion is being held very cordially, and I hope that I, in no way, have have come off as attacking you.  Just trying to explain my view from the outside. :king:

Actually you are "wrong" lightninfeet,I wasn't "negatively commenting" on anyone's opinion,I didn't swear at anybody,nor did I attack anybody at all,so you are wrong about that,yet I got that picture of a vaseline jar telling me "I'm F#$%&%" ? My point is,that it is no different .....if Ripper Bendix were here he should have banned "Maiden Jersey" for that picture alone,it would be absolutely "no different" at all.

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2010, 03:44:28 pm »
Actually you are "wrong" lightninfeet,I wasn't "negatively commenting" on anyone's opinion,I didn't swear at anybody,nor did I attack anybody at all,so you are wrong about that,yet I got that picture of a vaseline jar telling me "I'm F#$%&%" ? My point is,that it is no different .....if Ripper Bendix were here he should have banned "Maiden Jersey" for that picture alone,it would be absolutely "no different" at all.

So much for cordial I guess. :gah:

That thread (Am I the only one that laughs when...) was doomed from the start.  No offense to the thread starter, but it was one of those topics that is wide open for scrutiny and conflict.  Many topics had been hijacked recently by people turning everything into a religious bash fest, and many well established members of the Coven (of various religions or no religion at all) were sick of it.  It quickly became ANOTHER thread of highly off topic religious debate and arguing, which you jumped head first into.  That is why the Vaseline pic was posted, and it was in no way similar to you posting a pic of Boy George in response to a member stating that they liked a band that you do not.

One of the reasons that religion is brought up is obviously as everyone has said "Kings beliefs",and you also have to realize that there is probably 80% of members here are not into "jesus" or "christianity" and also,if you or somebody else here is into christianity thats fine too,but your in a non-christian territory and dealing with the public day to day as we all do we have to share everything with one another,its nice to go to a place sometimes where you can say "fuck god" and nobody seems to care lol! It is what it is,"christianity" is the "enemy" with probly 75% of his fanbase.Maybe at another forum I could see your point.

Here you are making generalizations, and making up statistics to support your opinion, which is attacking/challenging/questioning (call it whatever you want) someone else's opinion.  That is what conflict is.  If you are only going to cause conflict in this manner, why are you here?

I don't doubt that at all. There are "tons" of fans of King Diamond involved in the "true" black metal scene(whats left of it anyways) and do you really think that there are lots of people that believe in christianity that are involved in the "black metal" scene? Again,I'll bet that 75% of King Diamond's fans are against christianity like King is. I never said that all these people on this forum are against it,I'm saying 75% of his fanbase probably does. So again,do you belive that there are lots of people into christianity that are into black metal or death metal? Black metal and death metal are desinged against christianity and I'm going to laugh my ass off if you try to say other wise.

He we go with the "true" bullshit!  When dealing with a subjective topic like this, how can one opinion be any more TRUE than the other?  The answer, of course, is it can't.  An argument over the TRUE music, is no different than and argument over the TRUE god, and that's is why it is pointless to constantly challenge other people's opinions on these matters.  And you wrap up this particular post with a very bold, and rather rude, statement.

I know,its the "music" but personally I HATE christian "metal" and I think it sucks,it ruins the vibe and the whole purpose and yes I'm aware of "Mortification" jeeze,I remember them when they came onto the scene ect...YUK! I'm sorry,but if you really belive that the black metal bands themselves are "christian" I'm here to tell you that over 75% of them....I'd go as far as 99% of them hate christianity: Deicide,Morbid Angel,Immortal,the list goes on and on,thats all I was saying. I'm not saying that 75% of this forum is against christianity,I'm just saying that of the death metal and black metal fanbase.And I truely belive that 75% of King Diamond's fanbase throughout the world are against christianity.You've got to remember that all the true spirited black metalers in bands and fanbase that were active in the early 80's up till now are still alive and well and they have not changed thier views any time soon. Thats all I was saying,lets face it...the guy that we are all here for wears an upsidedown cross for petes sake.

Again with the "true."  On a side note, interesting that you should mention an "upsidedown cross for Pete's sake" here, seeing as how there was debate in that very  thread about how the inverted cross, or Cross of St. Peter, was originally a Christian symbol.

Wow...("laughing my ass off")....you guys are an interesting bunch in here,I'm not sure I understand any of you but none the less you've seem to have made this place interesting.Carry on....(lol!)

Yeah, that's not condescending or confrontational at all. ::)

lightninfeet,I said that black metal and death metal were designed against "christianity" meaning by portraying satanism through extreme metal music with image was to "mock" the concept of christianity,not hatred of everybody that belives in christianity.  Although the majority of the artists/musicians themselves are not satanists but rather atheists,the overall message is that they don't belive in god,jesus or the bible. I never said it was designed against "christian people", fuckin A.

King Diamond is a Laveyian satanist,even if we found out he wasn't he still wouldn't belive in christianity,he would be an atheist.But that doesn't mean he,or other black metal bands,death metal bands don't have respect for friends that are christians. All I was saying( also towards forum member "Beast_ Regards") is that the fact is,that over 75% of fans into extreme satanic/dark metal do not belive in christianity,but they are not heathens who fucking hate everybody,the other 25% are christians in the metal scene.Its not big freakin deal,I didn't know it would stir up all this chaos by saying it. The black metal/death metal scene surely isn't made up of 75% "christians" and 25% atheists,anyone who belives that is delusional. But really guys,its not big deal.As I said,so what...those 75% of atheists have many friends who are christians,ect...no big deal.

Now...about the topic,I also laugh when King sings the butterfly part HA! But I love The Puppet Master album,its my 2nd favorite KD album with Fatal Portrait at #1.

Same old, same old...until you finally get on topic for the thread in a little sentence at the end. :king:

No no your not "getting it". Its not like saying your example: "fuck America...I hope its wiped off the face of the earth but I have no problem with Americans"......no,not at all your not getting it.

The black metal scene was not made up of "christian people" who belived in "christianity"  lightninfeet,it was and is made up of individuals who don't belive in god. Cronos of Venom,King Diamond obviously of Mercyful Fate,Quorthon of Bathory,Thomas G.Warrior of Hellhammer/Celtic Frost,Tom Angel Ripper from thrash band Sodom,Ostein Aarseth of Mayhem,Abbath of Immortal,and the list goes on for pages..they all do not belive in christianity and mock it through lyrics,they think its a fuckin "joke" .

And they all know that "satanism" is a part of christianity,you can't have Satan without God ect..ect..blah blah blah...they all know it,the "satanism" is all an act,and its to "mock" christianity taking the evil side of the fairy book.But thier "beliefs" are not,they all think christianity is a joke,but they have christian friends just like King Diamond does,just like I do.

Do you really belive that the underground satanic metal scene is "for " the concept of christianity? Do your research and do your homework...I never said that these black metalers were against "people"...even christian people, I said they were against what some of these christian people belive in.

Do you think King should of put extra notes on the back of the Mercyful Fate albums saying "I'm sorry to all the christian people out there if I've offended anybody with my satanism"?

Instead of your example wich is incorrect,the best way to put it is this: Its the same as a democrat and a rebuplican do not agree with each other's political beliefs but they can be the best of friends.Thats the correct way to put it,why is this so hard for you to understand? I mean I'm sorry but its not "rocket science" your making it out to be.

I tried to point out that saying, "Fuck Christianity.  It's fucking retarded.  But Christian people are okay."  Is much like saying, "Fuck America.  I hope it's wiped from the face of the Earth.  But American people are okay."  Seems pretty goddamned accurate to me, yet you maintained that there was a huge difference. :gah:  And again, your condescending tone throughout is brought to a head at the end.

And it was at this point that your "Vaseline was issued" as Maiden put it, "For the ass reaming you were taking in that thread."  Seems quite appropriate.

Bottom line:  Whether you think the situations are the same or I think they differ, the point is that a moderator saw YOUR offense as an offense and disciplined you.  Whether you feel it was unjust or I feel it was warrented, it happened.

If we can agree to move on, that is all I have to say about this. :king:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 03:53:06 pm by lightninfeet »

• Lady In Black
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2010, 04:38:19 pm »
Yes we will move on. The point I was trying to make,is that if Ripper Bendix were here,he may have banned Maiden Jersey's account for posting the Vaseline picture because of his "tone" regaurdless if you think my tone was poor,it doesn't matter he still posted the picure and said a derogatory comment towards me,thats all I was saying so yeah,its no big deal.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 04:49:45 pm by General Hammerthrone »

• Lady In Black
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2010, 04:45:33 pm »
I wonder what King's inside long time friends call him by name......obviously they call him Kim but just wondering if anybody calls him King?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 04:52:16 pm by General Hammerthrone »

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2010, 04:51:41 pm »
I imagine the guys in Metallica call him King.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 04:53:46 pm by lightninfeet »

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2010, 05:26:06 pm »
Yes we will move on. The point I was trying to make,is that if Ripper Bendix were here,he may have banned Maiden Jersey's account for posting the Vaseline picture because of his "tone" regaurdless if you think my tone was poor,it doesn't matter he still posted the picure and said a derogatory comment towards me,thats all I was saying so yeah,its no big deal.

• Lady In Black
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2010, 11:13:18 pm »

No need to cry Maiden Jersey,either that or you are "extremely excited" about me being here?  (LMAO haha)!

« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 01:27:01 am by General Hammerthrone »

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2010, 09:41:58 am »
ripper is indeed still around. mods may step in and correct me, but the only times I have ever seen or heard of anyone anyone being banned is for posting personal information about someone else, and for name-calling another coven member. I imagine there are other offenses that will get a poster banned too.

and personally, I have always known ripper to be fair in his judgement, just as are the other mods.
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline Thomas

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2010, 10:21:54 am »
There was this dude that - according to himself  :) - got banned because of accusing KD of using drum machines for a few of their albums from The Eye onwards. He was very adament that was the case but I can't remember the original threads about this, must have been a few years ago. But he came back not so long ago and whether he's banned now or just lurking I don't know.

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2010, 10:27:51 am »
There was this dude that - according to himself :) - got banned because of accusing KD of using drum machines for a few of their albums from The Eye onwards.

I believe "according to himself" is the key phrase here.  His accusation, while completely incorrect, would really leave me surprised if it resulted an in banishment.