Author Topic: The "Big thing" King is talking about...(part 35642)  (Read 29289 times)

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
The "Big thing" King is talking about...(part 35642)
« on: January 07, 2009, 11:07:28 am »
Just recently, here in the Coven, King linked the "big thing" (go ahead lightning!), which was neither kids or MF-reunion, with something that could affect the future of MF. In my opinion, it looks more and more likely that a KD song or Metallica`s MF-medley will end up on a guitar hero version. What else could it be? Soundtracks? I know there`s coming a heavy ,etal action game with voices from many great artists (I think King is one of them), could it be something connected to that? I`m really happy nowadays with the dvds, so even MORE good stuff might just be too much :P
Like, whatever.

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
Re: The "Big thing" King is talking about...(part 35642)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 11:22:33 am »
It does make sense MF gets on guitar hero they blow up and sign a new deal end of story. :D

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 11:25:46 am »
Absolutely. My money is though still on it being the Metallica-medley being on it, not MF themselves.
Like, whatever.

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 11:26:46 am »
Absolutely. My money is though still on it being the Metallica-medley being on it, not MF themselves.

yeah I am with you on that it will be Metallica doing the song with King on vocals in the game.

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 11:28:52 am »
yeah I am with you on that it will be Metallica doing the song with King on vocals in the game.

Yeah, that might be too! I just thought about the Garage Inc version with just Metallica  :P Bur your suggestion kicks more ass  \m/
Like, whatever.

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 12:26:58 pm »
I don't know. MF is a huge influence for Metallica. It's very likley that MF could show up on the game

Offline a shape of black

• Victimized
  • Even In The Night I See The Light
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 12:35:03 pm »
i've always think that this would be a bad idea because then everyone will know abou mercyful fate and king and they will be like: "yeah i've listened to MF/KD all my life" but they just have listened it beacaus Guitar Hero... I think its cooler to really know about MF/KD and really love it like all of us do... we know that all of us are really fans but if that happened then there would be a lot of fake fans or something like that

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 12:36:38 pm »
i've always think that this would be a bad idea because then everyone will know abou mercyful fate and king and they will be like: "yeah i've listened to MF/KD all my life" but they just have listened it beacaus Guitar Hero... I think its cooler to really know about MF/KD and really love it like all of us do... we know that all of us are really fans but if that happened then there would be a lot of fake fans or something like that

I have said this before but I think it would be a great idea because King would get more money rolling in so some of that would get put back into the band. That would make for bigger better tours etc... Plus younger fans need to start somewhere so if they discover king diamond through guitar hero who cares.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 12:39:19 pm by Maiden Jersey »

Offline a shape of black

• Victimized
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 12:41:25 pm »
maybe, but if king diamond is the favorite band of everyone...you would look just like one more.... and thats unfair because we do really love and respect this music  :P

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 12:43:39 pm »
maybe, but if king diamond is the favorite band of everyone...you would look just like one more.... and thats unfair because we do really love and respect this music  :P

yeah but at the same time its unfair towards King its almost like saying I don't want you to progress and you should just stay underground even if it makes you lose money. When I go to Maiden show there are like 3 generations of fans there in packed sold out stadiums rocking out its fucking great!

Offline a shape of black

• Victimized
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 12:48:23 pm »
thats a good point, i think we must support king in everything, and when a stupid new guy comes talking about how much he know about king diamond (that will be only one song the one in guitar hero haha) i can shut him up  :D

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 12:55:35 pm »
thats a good point, i think we must support king in everything, and when a stupid new guy comes talking about how much he know about king diamond (that will be only one song the one in guitar hero haha) i can shut him up  :D

We were all new jacks at one point in time  :cool:  But maybe at the same time you can say if you liked that song you will love this one... and then a new king diamond fan is born  :D  What if King did so well from the game that later on down the road he was able to make a movie? That would be killer :king:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 12:59:21 pm by Maiden Jersey »

Offline Phobos IX

• Desecrator Of Souls
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 02:37:00 pm »
if THATs the big news, color me disappointed.

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 02:55:08 pm »
Just recently, here in the Coven, King linked the "big thing" (go ahead lightning)

Uhuh huh huh huh !!!!!!!!!!!! \m/ :-[
The new Seeing Seven album "Genesis III" out now! www.seeingseven.com

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 03:20:54 pm »

If one out of ten "stupid guys" who liked what they heard got hooked and bought shit loads of MF/KD, that would make a huge impact. For example; I`m a dedicated manchester United supporter, and have been so for more than 20 years, before the big success hit. I see loads of really young people going around in "our" jersey and talking about how much they "love" United. I don`t like it, but at the same time I know that everybody starts at some point and even those who won`t stay true at least spat (is that right? Spit, spit?) some money into the club, and that`s good when it all comes down to it. More money/audiences for KD/MF can`t be bad for them, even if us oldies might get offended  :P
Like, whatever.

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 04:00:26 pm »
yeah who cares if you've known King's music for 20 years or 20 minutes!
It doesn't affect my listening pleasure. Why should it affect anybody else's?

I won't start playing Guitar Hero 'tho! That's a whole different matter!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 04:08:14 pm »
For example; I`m a dedicated manchester United supporter, and have been so for more than 20 years, before the big success hit.

I am going to forget you even typed that :D

Offline Dr Demented

• Banshee
  • "I am burning for you..."
    • Michael Griffey on Facebook
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 04:36:26 pm »
I think ANY publicity for King is a good thing...but within reason. Iron Maiden made it without being on Guitar Hero, although I hear they're wanting to make their own version (hack) of the game exclusive to Iron Maiden, which would be AWESOME if King would do...

While I think it's great that Metallica has always spoken well of King and honored him with the medley (which I still maintain is a horrible cover) and has had him on stage with them, etc. I think that King is better than them in many respects even though they have more mass-appeal with the mall crowd. I don't want King to stay "underground" and broke...but I think it would be a sad mistake to sell out and write something untrue to the ideals on which his career has been founded and upon which many of us have subscribed to and spent our money on shows, tapes, CD's and soon DVD's. King is an icon BECAUSE he has refused to be like everyone else and follow the latest trend-whores like Metallica continues to do. 

THE DEVIL IS A TRUCK DRIVER
http://www.michaelgriffey.com

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 05:14:35 pm »
I think ANY publicity for King is a good thing...but within reason. Iron Maiden made it without being on Guitar Hero, although I hear they're wanting to make their own version (hack) of the game exclusive to Iron Maiden, which would be AWESOME if King would do...

King`s unique style will not appeal to, say, the masses as Metallica and Maiden do. But a lot of people who never knew about KD/MF and who would like his style of singing would be great for both bands. I have a lot of friends who like those bands, and had never listened to either KD or MF, but loved it when I played it to them. That effect on a broather scale would be great.
Like, whatever.

Offline a shape of black

• Victimized
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 07:43:45 pm »
oh yeah i know that means more money for king and all of that so i think its cool, but something that could kill me would be that king became as metallica or something like that... i mean that it became as everyone else... and then everyone will see king just as another one (haha im sorry i didnt used the best words wo describe what i am thinking...i just that i am kind of worried  :gah:)

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 08:01:41 pm »
I am going to forget you even typed that :D

RED ARMY! I`ll see you in the backstreets around Trafford  >:(

Just kidding  :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 08:04:45 pm by Natas »
Like, whatever.

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2009, 08:03:48 pm »
oh yeah i know that means more money for king and all of that so i think its cool, but something that could kill me would be that king became as metallica or something like that... i mean that it became as everyone else... and then everyone will see king just as another one (haha im sorry i didnt used the best words wo describe what i am thinking...i just that i am kind of worried  :gah:)

Trust me, all of you; King will NEVER be like anyone else...no matter what  :cool:
Like, whatever.

Offline a shape of black

• Victimized
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2009, 08:10:29 pm »
Trust me, all of you; King will NEVER be like anyone else...no matter what  :cool:

:king: god diamond forever  :fingers:

Offline RJ

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2009, 09:36:18 pm »
Been watching this board for a while, but I figured I better register so as not to be labled a Guitar Hero noob, should that actually be the big news.

As more of an intro... I was a HUGE MF fan as a teenager (I'm 35 now), and only recently started listening to solo KD from the 90s and 2000s.(Though I thought when it came out that MFs In The Shadows was possibly the best album I had ever heard.)
IMHO anything that introduces new kids to this music is a good thing. Even if it is Guitar Hero.

Personally, I'd like to see a comic book series. Like "King Diamond Presents... THEM" Actually, the series could start with Fatal Portrait and work its way through to GMYSP and beyond.

Offline Phobos IX

• Desecrator Of Souls
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2009, 11:29:58 pm »
Not a bad idea, I would love mario to make one of those, limited edition for fans.