Author Topic: The "Big thing" King is talking about...(part 35642)  (Read 28584 times)

Offline BellwitchMF

• Angel Of Light
  • R.I.P Mr Ronnie James Dio \m/ \m/
Re: The "Big thing" King is talking about...(part 35642)
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 11:37:08 pm »
i've always think that this would be a bad idea because then everyone will know abou mercyful fate and king and they will be like: "yeah i've listened to MF/KD all my life" but they just have listened it beacaus Guitar Hero... I think its cooler to really know about MF/KD and really love it like all of us do... we know that all of us are really fans but if that happened then there would be a lot of fake fans or something like that
nothing really wrong with this!im man enough to admit i first heard iron maidens"number of the beast"on tony hawk proskater  4? :gah: so theres nothing really wrong if MF goes on guitar hero,and ever since i heard IM on tonk hawk,my uncle was right there and hes all like holy shit thats maiden,and i used to only play that song when i played that game,than my uncle showed me his collection put on NOTB and piece of mind,powerslave and i was hooked ever since!have ALL of the albums,live dvds,live cds,alot of shirts,seen them live 3 times and even have a tattoo of KILLERS eddie on my arm,so im a shining example,videos games are an excellent way for kids to find amazing music! :cool: not to metion IM is my fav band ever! with KD being my other fav band ever! and MF and priest right behind them \m/
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 11:40:25 pm by BellwitchMF »

Offline Countess De La Fey

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 06:32:42 am »
Actually, the series could start with Fatal Portrait and work its way through to GMYSP and beyond.

I actually thought of a game that could go like that! Each level would have 1 album.And they go through the whole story :gah: Either the band members,or just story-related. :D
\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 07:25:04 am »
RED ARMY! I`ll see you in the backstreets around Trafford  >:(

Just kidding  :)

We will drag your ass down to the east end and then we will see what happens   >:(  ( even though I live in the US )  :gah: :P

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2009, 07:28:05 am »
despite the game's popularity, has having a song included on guitar hero helped boost, revive, or resurrect any band's popularity simply by being included on the song list?
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2009, 07:28:42 am »
despite the game's popularity, has having a song included on guitar hero helped boost, revive, or resurrect any band's popularity simply by being included on the song list?

dragonforce

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2009, 07:38:25 am »
really? well, that goes to show how little I know. :)
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2009, 07:41:47 am »
really? well, that goes to show how little I know. :)

Once they got on guitar hero they got really popular. :)  IMHO If guitar hero stays in the limelight and King gets on the Metallica version I think it will springboard his career to the next level.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 07:44:48 am by Maiden Jersey »

Offline Cornloaf

• Lady In Black
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2009, 02:33:20 pm »
Well, the official tracklist came out for Guitar Hero Metallica and it includes :

Metallica - Mercyful Fate Medley
Mercyful Fate - Evil

Let's hope that King was actually motion-captured and in the game!

Offline Phobos IX

• Desecrator Of Souls
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2009, 04:59:19 pm »
hey man, I found out about my favorite band CKY from the band Jackass. While everyone associates the two they have nothing to do with eachother. Any exposure for a band is good exposure.

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2009, 05:20:28 pm »
Well, the official tracklist came out for Guitar Hero Metallica and it includes :

Metallica - Mercyful Fate Medley
Mercyful Fate - Evil

Let's hope that King was actually motion-captured and in the game!

Beautiful!

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2009, 06:28:10 pm »
colour me disappointed!  :fingers:

When a band I like has a Big Thing happening, it rarely is about having a song I already have, in a crappy video game I'll never have!

As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Scumdog

• Mad Arab
  • Poop Ship Destroyer
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2009, 07:00:04 pm »
colour me disappointed!  :fingers:

When a band I like has a Big Thing happening, it rarely is about having a song I already have, in a crappy video game I'll never have!

although its good for King, and will surely help his career (Hell, Nile and Behemoth debuted in the Billboard 200 just because they were on Ozzfest at 10 in the morning - and this was weeks before the tour started), I agree. I don't play video games, and I especially don't give a shit about guitar hero, rock band, etc.. Also, if it leads to a spot opening for Metallica I'd be more than disappointed. I don't want to have to pay a 100 dollars to see King from a hundred yards away, I prefer 30 dollars for general admission.

I wish the big news was that King was gonna throw a big party in the Dallas area, cause I would so be there.

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2009, 08:44:28 pm »
Congrats to King for the deserving nod and for the chance to convert some new rookie Diamond Bangers.

Love it or hate it, Guitar Hero is huge and this will not go unnoticed. Lesser bands than MF have had major sales boosts because of this stupid game.

Perhaps a good time to shop for a new label before you sign those MF contracts, King?! Then again, maybe this was the holdout all along. MF on the map = better deal = more money = new album and tour?

And to people who would rather King stayed "underground" and played to 30 tooth-less people in a smelly dive bar in some godforsaken little hell hole one-donkey-town: Fucking idiots. Sometimes you kids scare me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"If thine eyes deceive thee, pluck them out"

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2009, 08:52:21 pm »
And to people who would rather King stayed "underground" and played to 30 tooth-less people in a smelly dive bar in some godforsaken little hell hole one-donkey-town: Fucking idiots. Sometimes you kids scare me.

Fuck yeah. 
Like, whatever.

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2009, 09:46:42 pm »
I'm glad you all hate it! more fun for me! yay!

Offline Scumdog

• Mad Arab
  • Poop Ship Destroyer
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2009, 01:46:54 am »

i sure as shit never insinuated that. I don't consider venues that hold 500-1000 people at capacity to be shit holes. Nor are Dallas, NYC, LA, Miami, Pittsburgh, Phoenix, Chicago, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, etc etc exactly little out of the way hick towns.  and honestly, I doubt that King or Mercyful Fate will ever be playing bigger venues than that. And I'm glad. I hate arena shows. they just aren't nearly as fun. not even close. again, I'm not concerned about them playing 10,000 seat arenas. I just don't see it happening unless you account for festivals, or if they open for metallica or some other huge band (which i hope to christ doesn't happen - at least not for a full tour.)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 01:49:21 am by Scumdog »

Offline Scumdog

• Mad Arab
  • Poop Ship Destroyer
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2009, 01:48:44 am »
oops

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2009, 07:03:21 am »
I'm glad you all hate it! more fun for me! yay!

I never said I hated it. Good for him if it pays a bit. It's just that for me, it's nothing exciting, as I don't care for videogames in general.

If it can bring exposure and cd sales, that's great too. But there's a big difference between a relatively unknown band like Dragonforce ending up on a general version of the game and the MF medley that all Metallica fans have already heard on the Metallica version of the game.
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Dr Demented

• Banshee
  • "I am burning for you..."
    • Michael Griffey on Facebook
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2009, 07:58:34 am »

I think the last time King played to only 30 people was roughly the second day he sang for Black Roses...get a grip. King is respected for not catering to the mall rats and his music has been enjoyed by millions of fans worldwide.

I wouldn't want to see King in an arena show either. I've been to two: Iron Maiden in 89, and Queensryche/Suicidal Tendencies in 91. Both shows, while great to see the bands, sucked because of shithead security and being in the nosebleeds. Seriously, I enjoyed the live videos better than the actual show.
THE DEVIL IS A TRUCK DRIVER
http://www.michaelgriffey.com

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2009, 10:24:24 am »
I see that exaggerating to make a point is lost on most as well. Big surprise.

This discussion is where the Guitar Hero nod could take King as far as revenues, sales and contract negotiations go. Not what seat you prefer to sit in at a certain show. Arena shows can be amazing, but as an opener I think King's theatrics would be lost as he couldn't bring on a full stage production. Plus, it is MF that we're talking about here since they are the band appearing in the game.

If we look at this from the band's perspective, for the sake of common sense, the difference could be between playing the half empty Downtown Club in Farmingdale (NY), or playing a packed Nokia Theater in the City. A 2,000 ticket difference + the opportunity to sell tons of merch.

I am sure you can find a good spot in both (shirt and shoes required at Nokia, though.)

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2009, 12:12:19 pm »
Congrats to King for the deserving nod and for the chance to convert some new rookie Diamond Bangers.

Love it or hate it, Guitar Hero is huge and this will not go unnoticed. Lesser bands than MF have had major sales boosts because of this stupid game.

Perhaps a good time to shop for a new label before you sign those MF contracts, King?! Then again, maybe this was the holdout all along. MF on the map = better deal = more money = new album and tour?

The world must be coming to an end hahah because I agree with your post :gah: I am sure you read what I wrote in this thread so our opinion on this subject is basically the same. King at the Nokia would be amazing the sound in that place is fucking killer, I have seen a few shows there and they were all fantastic. On King playing bigger venues like stadiums all I have to say about that is bring it the fuck on \m/
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 12:14:25 pm by Maiden Jersey »

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2009, 12:23:40 pm »
It is a cold day in hell indeed.

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2009, 12:26:57 pm »
It is a cold day in hell indeed.

yeah it is hahah :gah:

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2009, 12:38:58 pm »
I never said I hated it. Good for him if it pays a bit. It's just that for me, it's nothing exciting, as I don't care for videogames in general.

If it can bring exposure and cd sales, that's great too. But there's a big difference between a relatively unknown band like Dragonforce ending up on a general version of the game and the MF medley that all Metallica fans have already heard on the Metallica version of the game.

Understood. It's not forever one. I gotta be honest when i first heard this I didn't think "Yes! Now king will get some recognition and his profits will go up". I thought my self, "Yes! Now i can play Mercyful Fate on Guitar Hero! Weeeeee!"

The game is super fun to me no matter how many dill holes play it and over hype it. Just like I will always like Mercyful Fate and King Diamond even if a shit tone of a little "follow the crowd" sheep start listening to it.

Offline Thomas

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2009, 01:07:47 pm »
Relax people! :) I can't see how King would be the next big thing because of a song on a freaking video game? Great for him and the rest of Fate, hope it leads to a better contract and bigger productions etc, but I can't see this really happening. But then I could be misjudging how huge this game is if just having one song in it changes the career of a band, and old one at that. In a way I hope so because I certainly wish KD and MF all success they can have. Also, the kind of people that act like they´re true fans etc after playing Evil on Guitar Hero probably won't be fans for long because something else will be around the corner next week. However it might evolve to something bigger in a few cases, like the guy that discovered Maiden through the Tony Hawk game explained in this thread - sometimes you learn that certain bands exists in funny ways, and now he's a huge fan. I bought a KD/MF cd by chance out of curiosity after only hearing and reading about them, not even actually hearing their music. Who's to say which way is better than another?