Author Topic: The "Big thing" King is talking about...(part 35642)  (Read 29533 times)

Offline Countess De La Fey

• Superpostwhore
Re: The "Big thing" King is talking about...(part 35642)
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2009, 03:17:53 am »
I think we all are ready for that, it will be fuckin great

wow you reached the 5000th post!

You postwhore,you! :gah:
\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2009, 04:53:02 am »

wow you reached the 5000th post!

You postwhore,you! :gah:
Yes my good lady i am a superpostwhore :cool:

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2009, 05:38:37 am »
Yes my good lady i am a superpostwhore :cool:

watch your posts 'cause I'm comin' to getcha! :cool:

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2009, 05:46:22 am »
watch your posts 'cause I'm comin' to getcha! :cool:
Go ahead and try, ima gonna kick your little romanian ass!  :cool:

Offline Dr Demented

• Banshee
  • "I am burning for you..."
    • Michael Griffey on Facebook
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2009, 02:43:55 pm »
What if the big news is a world tour with Metallica?

Please don't make us puke...you're right, though...the tickets would be far too expensive for most of us. I know that I personally would only come to see King and would leave before Metallica even got on the stage, so it would almost be money wasted since they'd surely be getting the lion's share of ticket sales.

King IS definitely better than them...

THE DEVIL IS A TRUCK DRIVER
http://www.michaelgriffey.com

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2009, 02:49:42 pm »
Please don't make us puke...you're right, though...the tickets would be far too expensive for most of us. I know that I personally would only come to see King and would leave before Metallica even got on the stage, so it would almost be money wasted since they'd surely be getting the lion's share of ticket sales.

You and i think alike :cool: i hope it's not the news but then again i understand why King would like it to happen so i support it anyways, i don't like Metallica but i fuckin love King and i will support him anyways and go to the show

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2009, 02:50:12 pm »

Word
The new Seeing Seven album "Genesis III" out now! www.seeingseven.com

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2009, 02:52:36 pm »
I would love to see Metallica again so I'm for it. I'm not for the ticket prices or the fans that come along with them but if they were playing older stuff, tell me that would be a fucking killer show?

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2009, 03:02:21 pm »
I would love to see Metallica again so I'm for it. I'm not for the ticket prices or the fans that come along with them but if they were playing older stuff, tell me that would be a fucking killer show?

I like Dream Theater, and I like Opeth.  But I wouldn't go see them together, because I want to see Opeth play a good long set...or two! ;)

Offline Dr Demented

• Banshee
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2009, 03:16:54 pm »
I like Dream Theater, and I like Opeth.  But I wouldn't go see them together, because I want to see Opeth play a good long set...or two! ;)

hehehe...definitely!

Metallica has just burned too many bridges in my book...bunch of sellouts. I still listen to the older stuff but I just couldn't endure the mallrat fanboi crap. I'd end up punching some kid and going to jail or being sued by his rich girlfriend's daddy...hehehe...

Offline RJ

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2009, 03:18:54 pm »

I would love to see King tour with Metallica. Imagine how cool King's stage set up would be, even though they would only get to use like half the stage as M's gear would be back lined. It would still be a lot of room for a lot of props and stuff. I imagine an Alice Cooper kind of vibe! (Alice puts on what may be the coolest show I've ever seen!)

I too would leave before Metallica hit the stage. I actually left at the beginning of their set when they toured with Suicidal Tendencies and Danzig.

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2009, 12:17:44 am »
I would love to see King tour with Metallica. Imagine how cool King's stage set up would be, even though they would only get to use like half the stage as M's gear would be back lined. It would still be a lot of room for a lot of props and stuff. I imagine an Alice Cooper kind of vibe! (Alice puts on what may be the coolest show I've ever seen!)

I too would leave before Metallica hit the stage. I actually left at the beginning of their set when they toured with Suicidal Tendencies and Danzig.
Have you been to a KD Show before? He don't have the gear to fill out such a big stage, try to watch the clips from when he plays festival, there's no acting there, only playing - and im not saying i don't like that i fuckin love it, but i like the sceneplay better.

And even if he could, the most cool thing about KD live is the tense mood. You don't get the same feeling with 20 - 70.000 other people at a big open air show that you do at a 1 - 4000 show in a small place, it get's in the way intesetivity. I love King at the small stages he has and still plays

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2009, 12:56:16 am »
^ a-fukken-greed!

Can't wait to see them in concert! \m/

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2009, 07:36:55 am »
King's stage show, while cool, is really not an expensive production.  There are a lot of Styrofoam props, and a PVC fence painted black.  That's all you need.  His presence is the real show. :cool:

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2009, 07:46:10 am »

What does that have to with Metallica you silly fool!

"ohh, i'm crying because i only get to see an amazing band play 40 minuets instead of an hour and a half...ohh, i'm so emo"

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2009, 07:57:20 am »
What does that have to with Metallica you silly fool!

"ohh, i'm crying because i only get to see an amazing band play 40 minuets instead of an hour and a half...ohh, i'm so emo"

Oh it be on like Donkey Kong! >:(

No, I'm just saying I like to see the bands I like headline and play a full set.  If Metallica opened and played a 30 min set...then I'd go.  But that's not gonna happen.

emo

Remind me when we meet...the first thing you get is a kick in the ass. :D:  And then a big hug.

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2009, 08:05:28 am »
Oh it be on like Donkey Kong! >:(

No, I'm just saying I like to see the bands I like headline and play a full set.  If Metallica opened and played a 30 min set...then I'd go.  But that's not gonna happen.

lol i hear what your saying. I'm only fuckin with ya. I would still love to see 'Tallica again. I am just not up for paying 110 bucks for a decent seat on a new album tour with lots of new music and a shitty opener. I'm up for seeing "Tallica with someone like king diamond and on an off tour were they will play lots of older stuff.

Remind me when we meet...the first thing you get is a kick in the ass. :D:  And then a big hug.

Ummm, i might forget to mention that...except for that last part

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2009, 08:18:49 am »
lol i hear what your saying. I'm only fuckin with ya. I would still love to see 'Tallica again. I am just not up for paying 110 bucks for a decent seat on a new album tour with lots of new music and a shitty opener. I'm up for seeing "Tallica with someone like king diamond and on an off tour were they will play lots of older stuff.

Support acts are for the purpose of getting more people to the show.  Metallica doesn't even need a support act.  Just like Maiden with Lauren Harris' awful band (she should have just come out and pole danced for a half hour), it's strictly to help said band out at that point.  They need to do shows like Dream Theater did in their "Evening With" shows.  3-4 hours with an intermission, and know support act.

Unfortunately, King has to tour with support acts.  Plus I don't think his voice, or back for that matter, could take 3-4 hours a night. :(

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2009, 08:37:22 am »
I like support acts. I love going to a show and getting to see a couple cool bands.

Sonata Arctica/Nightwish
Nile/King Diamond

Soon

Exodus/Kreator

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2009, 09:18:46 am »
See I dig some Nile, but they were bad when I saw them with KD.

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2009, 09:44:27 am »
They were pretty good in Portland but to be 100% honest i don't know a lot of there stuff. Just a few tunes here and there from new albums. I dug them and behemoth. Black Dahlia Murder was crap though

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2009, 09:51:18 am »
Black Dahlia Murder was crap though

Ex-fucking-actly.  And their guitarist kept bummin my smokes. >:(

Offline Dr Demented

• Banshee
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2009, 03:42:48 pm »
They were pretty good in Portland but to be 100% honest i don't know a lot of there stuff. Just a few tunes here and there from new albums. I dug them and behemoth. Black Dahlia Murder was crap though

hehe...I loved Nile but I agree they were better when I saw them at the March Metal Meltdown a couple of years before the KD tour. Black Dahlia Murder and Behemoth just weren't my bag...I was really looking forward to the Leaves Eyes/Kreator matchup, though. It was going to be one of the few KD shows where King was with more than just one good support act.

My dream tour?

Candlemass/Celtic Frost/King Diamond...now THAT would be a show I wouldn't miss no matter the cost...but alas, Messiah is no longer with Candlemass and Tom Warrior isn't doing CF...but I would gladly substitute his new band, Triptykon...

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2009, 05:44:58 pm »
frankly if that was the news that King was supporting Metallica I'd be over the moon, I think a support slot of a big-brand name like Metallica would be the only chance that I'd ever get to see King Diamond in the UK.  So I'm definitely all for it.  Besides even though Metallica are clearly past their prime they've created some timeless music that stands up well compared to any music being created today.
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2009, 02:26:56 am »
frankly if that was the news that King was supporting Metallica I'd be over the moon, I think a support slot of a big-brand name like Metallica would be the only chance that I'd ever get to see King Diamond in the UK.  So I'm definitely all for it.  Besides even though Metallica are clearly past their prime they've created some timeless music that stands up well compared to any music being created today.
What are you talkin about? King have been in UK A lot of times? I don't get that, last time he was on European tour he was in UK? maybe only in england but where do you want him to go?