Author Topic: Fatal Portrait  (Read 76241 times)

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
Re: Fatal Portrait
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2009, 12:27:11 am »
Hello all!!!
"Lurking in the Dark" is my favorite from Potrait    :king:

Scarriest MF track, the middle of "The Mirror" (Time)     I actually had an out of body experience after working like 40 hours straight w/ no sleep. :gah:
Scarriest KD track, either "Two Little Girls" or the sudden piano key in "Them" still awaits new listeners.   :)
Welcome home!  :king:

that is a good one,i was thinking of 'Out of the Asylum + Unclean Spirits also. :king:
Actually i just realized that Sorry Dear was very scary at night :P

Offline TheSentinel

• Mandrake
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2009, 05:14:40 am »
Oh, good one. I forget Abigail II from time to time. I've always heard that "true fans" avoid it

Offline TheSentinel

• Mandrake
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2009, 01:42:35 am »
IDK it's a good album that's all

Offline Countess De La Fey

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2009, 06:03:10 am »
Some albums are harder to get into,than others.

When I first heard Abigail,that was the only album I was listening to.Then I got into FP.While I was listening to these,I didn't like The Graveyard ONE SINGLE BIT!!!! Then I heard Waiting and since it sounded a lot like the older days,I thought I'd give it a try.I must've listened to 4 songs at most from that album.Then got into it as well.I am still not into Abby II.All of this takes time.

Then I didn't like TPM either.I sometimes gave it a spin but didn't feel nothing.When I carefully listened to it,it hit me like a bomb.'IT IS AWESOME!!' I thought.

So...there go my 2 pesetas. :gah:
\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2009, 11:59:58 am »
Oh, good one. I forget Abigail II from time to time. I've always heard that "true fans" avoid it
I hate this ''True fan talk''! seriously! it makes my piss boil whenever someone are saying that! I am listening to the music which i like, not the music which is most true to roots or anything like that, that's also why i like some NU Metal bands, the ones who i think does a good job is bands that i listen to, there is no such thing as a true fan IMO

Offline TheSentinel

• Mandrake
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2009, 11:52:22 pm »
I don't that like that True crap either, but what're you gonna do? Yes the Graveyyard did take a few iTunes spins to get into . December 07 is when I started tuning in. The 21st I believe, sat there reading the review of tattooed millionaire, and I thought hey I've passed that name before let me give it a try. I was drawn to the graveyard because of my love of horror movies. Looked creepy, as far as I knew. It took a few hours before I liked kings music and longer for MF because my dad heard it and said what the he'll is that crap? So for three hours that night and three the next, I read that long ass bio, and set of lyrics, and finally got it. That's how I got into the albums- I'd read the lyrics,then listen-or vice versa. I really enjoed the graveyard- another pain in the ass to get hold of, wasn't that fun to find out? Doh!

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2009, 01:02:27 am »
The only album that took me time to get into was Voodoo :P I heard Egypt as the first song with MF and ever since then both King Diamond and Mercyful Fate have been my fave bands

Offline Vlad the Impaler

• Charon
  • The Saw is Family.
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2009, 01:13:44 pm »
I had no problem getting into " The Graveyard"

It's a great album.  :king:

There's no such a thing as a "True Fan"  Because we're all fans, and We're fans of different
tastes in music and have different opinions. There's nothing wrong with that, at all.

So for someone to tell another " You're not a true fan if you like that Album, or Don't like that
album, or you like that band, or Don't like that band." That kind of talk and attitude is
just lame and stupid.
Pain has a face, Allow me to show it to you.

Offline Vlad the Impaler

• Charon
  • The Saw is Family.
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2009, 01:16:49 pm »
And the First time I heard Fatal Portrait I was hooked, And Lurking in the Dark and Charon
became my MOST favorite songs on the album. But I love the Album Equally, It's a very
Solid Album.   :king:
Pain has a face, Allow me to show it to you.

Offline Room of the Golden Air

• Deadly Lullabye
  • Dying for a cup of tea!
    • dissentedpremise@myspace.com
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2009, 01:56:42 pm »
Thanx King of the Rotton!!   :)

I enjoyed Graveyard as a kid in 96, but as a man with a family now, I find it hard to listen to it, lyrically, for entertainment purposes.  Although the music is still original and awesome! :king:   I look forward to the new, revamped sound. My fav songs on that would be "Meet Me at Midnight", the chorous is classic!! And of course, Black Hill Sanitarium and Lucy Forever.  \m/

Offline TheSentinel

• Mandrake
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2009, 02:32:05 pm »
RB's Rainbow great pick. For me "Lucy Forever" I Am, meet me at midnight, trick or treat , and digging graves are my favorites.  You know I have many different tastes-rock,metal,show,and classical. I know people find classical boring, but without it, we're nowhere today with music.

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2009, 07:12:23 am »
RB's Rainbow great pick. For me "Lucy Forever" I Am, meet me at midnight, trick or treat , and digging graves are my favorites.  You know I have many different tastes-rock,metal,show,and classical. I know some people find classical boring, but without it, we're nowhere today with music.

not all of 'em are bored by classical music.Classical is very complex...that's why I love it! \m/

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2009, 12:44:40 pm »
I took a music appreciation class a couple years ago and learned about the origins of music (tribal, gypsy, classical) One thing that shocked me was how opera (form of classical) has infuenced music today.  I would wager most would never admit this fact though. I wonder if King has ever talked about opera, I would love to know what influence, if any, it has had on his structure, style, etc.   :king:   
 As a guitar player, Flamenco has been a big influence to me in the last 6 or 7 years.  Particularly Django Reinhardt!!  \m/  \m/

Offline TheSentinel

• Mandrake
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2009, 12:10:34 am »
I've always been a classical fan. At least I'm not the only one here . I'm only in my late teens, you'd think I'd listen to that modern shot that passes as music. I say give me some Beethoven, Bach, and Mozart. I'll pass the day by easily.

Offline TheSentinel

• Mandrake
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2009, 01:47:54 am »
hey, this may be crazy- but after Priests Nostradamus record- which is very close to an opera- could King pull one off? Hell it's been said before, but how about a film? I wouldn't mind, even though that's not exactly him... Oh well it would be cool, I think

Offline a shape of black

• Victimized
  • Even In The Night I See The Light
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2009, 08:04:43 am »
oh actually many people enjoys classic alot, i mean what would be of the world with out it?  :gah:  anyway i enjoy it very much ...

Offline TheSentinel

• Mandrake
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2009, 08:57:27 am »
any ideas

Offline undeadbob

• Salem
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2009, 12:50:34 pm »
there's a "feel" on Fatal Portrait so unlike anything else. very special to me

Offline TheSentinel

• Mandrake
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2009, 04:09:04 pm »
esspecially in Haunted, the guitar riff is a little unnerving. 

Offline TheSentinel

• Mandrake
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2009, 04:28:25 pm »
hey, just ordered FP from Best Buy. 

Offline TheSentinel

• Mandrake
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2009, 11:02:46 pm »
oh, I was yapping about King Diamond doing something opera like- I'm I insane, or is it crazy enough to work? What do you think?  King could probably pull it off

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2009, 02:19:30 am »
oh, I was yapping about King Diamond doing something opera like- I'm I insane, or is it crazy enough to work? What do you think?  King could probably pull it off
It would be fun to hear an Ayreon album with King and Livia on, like The Human Equation :)

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2009, 03:55:48 am »
I've always been a classical fan. At least I'm not the only one here . I'm only in my late teens, you'd think I'd listen to that modern shot that passes as music. I say give me some Beethoven, Bach, and Mozart. I'll pass the day by easily.

yeah me too. 16 and been listening to classical since I was 9(been listening to Metal since then as well!)

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2009, 02:55:43 pm »
It is fascinating because in a way, "King Diamond" has always done rock operas; stories, plays, etc...   A traditional opera, meaning the kind that used to be commissioned by "the church" a thousand years ago, could very well be good fodder for the King to work on.  Mabey a story of a gifted peasant or a minstrel that could be commsisioned to write an opera, but secretly has a issue with "the church"; possibly someone in thier family or perhaps even a romance was shattered by "them" and thier diabolical ways.  Long story short, the peasant has thier revenge on "the church".....  :fingers:

As for the acoustic on "Haunted", I do agree.  I would wager that the song would kick live!!  :king: 
Does anyone know if Andy has ever integrated an acoustic guitar into his live show?? 

Offline AGE-411

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2009, 03:12:55 pm »
Fatal Portrait is the most evil King Diamond album. And it fucking rocks.  \m/

Just look at the picture of King at the backside of the sleeve. That really freaks me out. Scaryest picture of the King I've ever seen.  :king: