Author Topic: Abby 2  (Read 7366 times)

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
Re: Abby 2
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 02:16:25 PM »
I guess if your going to buy into the idea that it's an evil spirit twin then the idea of the spirit taking the form of an older version of it's self doesn't seem very far fetched

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 04:08:31 PM »
What about it makes some of you rate it so low?

The only thing about this album I would remotely rate low is the production (sound).  Those songs sound the way, I believe, they always should have on Deadly Lullabies.
The new Seeing Seven album "Genesis III" out now! www.seeingseven.com

Offline amb

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2010, 09:14:39 PM »
For a long time I didn't care that much for Abigail II, it was just kind of a meh album for me. But lately, in the last month or so, I've been listening to it a lot more and its really growing on me, especially Broken Glass, Mansion in Sorrow, Slippery Stairs, and Miriam. I think that's what really sets King's music apart from a lot of bands, that the more you listen to it the more it really grows on you and you discover a lot of the nuances in the compositions. What else can I say; King Diamond fuckin' rocks  :king:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:30:12 AM by amb »

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2010, 09:31:29 AM »
Ditto.
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • The mother of postwhores!
  • $xDxR
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2010, 10:43:49 AM »
Ditto.
pokemón? :D :gah:

I know it was stupid, but a boy here by my side is wearing a pokemon T'shirt and it comes into my head when Iread Ditto

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2010, 12:45:59 PM »
Man, I must be getting old. 'cause that flew right over my head...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2010, 02:50:55 PM »
It's my least favorite album, but Spirit is one of the greatest King Diamond songs.

Offline KingForever112

• A Family Ghost
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2010, 09:59:28 AM »
Hell yes it is, I think Abigail 2 was a very fitting and worthy sequel, i think it might have been better than the original,  i personally like the NEW KD stuff (2000s+) better than the 80s even though Conspiracy and Fatal Portrait were masterpieces IMO
"Room of Golden Air" - Mercyful Fate
lyrics:
""

Offline Thomas

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2010, 10:31:13 AM »
It's my least favorite album, but Spirit is one of the greatest King Diamond songs.

I think there's something wrong with my hearing, because I can't understand why everybody is so crazy about Spirits. For me it's just another song on KD´s least great album.

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2010, 10:55:37 AM »
I think there's something wrong with my hearing, because I can't understand why everybody is so crazy about Spirits. For me it's just another song on KD´s least great album.

Omo, Spirits is awesome live, way better than on record. I think both Spirits and Mansion in Sorrow are great live tunes.
Like, whatever.

Offline KingForever112

• A Family Ghost
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2010, 02:47:42 PM »
Omo, Spirits is awesome live, way better than on record. I think both Spirits and Mansion in Sorrow are great live tunes.

Same here
"Room of Golden Air" - Mercyful Fate
lyrics:
""

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2010, 06:26:23 PM »
it's probably my least favourite album but over half of the album is fucking brilliant.  :king:
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline fatekingfate

• Salem
    • Bloody Face (official band website)
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2010, 05:27:39 PM »
awesome album. every song is good or great. little one is my fave though. classic kd song!  :cool:

Offline Le Croix

• Desecrator Of Souls
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2010, 01:50:06 AM »
on my way to work i put this on...haven't heard it for a long time....bloody hell, this is such an awesome music with fantastic guitar work. how people moan about it is beyond me.
Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2010, 12:33:26 PM »
Crap album with one absolutely fantastic song ("Spirits") and one pretty decent song ("Slippery Stairs").

It strikes me as funny that most people that LIKE this album don't mention "Spirits" as a favorite. Makes sense since "Spirits" is very atypical for the more monotonous and generic (sorry, "organic") KD sound of late that half the fanbase seems to prefer. I prefer the more progressive varied sound of the first 5 albums, and as such these two songs are more my cup of "tea".

On a side note, though, and in all fairness... This album has some of the beast lead guitars on any KD album since "Conspiracy".
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"If thine eyes deceive thee, pluck them out"

Offline username

• Possessed
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2010, 06:01:02 AM »
The first half of the album is very good!
And the second half is even better in my opinion ;)

But i am no fan so long time. so i have not really expectations of the album.
If you listen King diamond from the begin, and every album you buy when it comes out,
you probably look the album on a different way, than that all albums were already existing, and buy som random album.

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2010, 07:12:44 PM »
I have to say listening to this album a lot more recently and it's definitely creeping up the list  \m/
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Le Croix

• Desecrator Of Souls
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2010, 03:11:27 AM »
some will find it a heresy, but i actually like it more than part1 (Mike+Andy+Hal sound fantastic here)...it's up there with The Eye for (my favourite).
Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one