Author Topic: King talked about in "Gospel of Filth" book  (Read 3935 times)

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
King talked about in "Gospel of Filth" book
« on: August 23, 2010, 05:52:23 PM »
I was just reading the book “Gospel of filth” about Dani Filth by Satanist Gavin Baddelley who also did one on Rev. Marilyn Manson and kept thinking how great it would be if he did a book on King Diamond.   There is so much he could include such as King’s hundred’s of experiences with the Satanic Powers of the Supernatural, and his deep and interesting views and practices on Satanic Ritual and Magic, his deep spiritual views.  His meetings and talks with Anton Lavey at the Black House, etc

At least King gets talked about a lot in this book.  For example it talks about how Mercyful Fate and Emperor both released albums at the same time with the number nine in the title because of that number’s Satanic significance.  Also mentions how the singer of the band HIM (His Infernal Majesty) and Dani Filth would get together and play old Mercyful Fate songs!

Dani says that “Don’t break the Oath” is one of his all time favorites, and how there was a real sinister vibe to the early Mercyful Fate material. 

Also mentioned is how King was the only metal performer to personally receive Anton LaVey’s Satanic seal of approval.  LaVey said King Diamond has the courage to openly support Satanism and makes no secret of his dedication.  Also that the fact that King received endorsements from the Church of Satan and that he took his Satanism seriously didn’t sit well with critics.  And how King was also denounced by journalist Dave Dickson for not subscribing to the doctrines of Alister Crowley. 

It also mentioned that King was featured on the song “Devil Woman” as one of Metals best known Satanist.  Another section mentions how King was personally invited to spend the night at the Church of Satan with Anton Lavey and that King said it was a night he will never forget.  That he had a chance to talk in private with Lavey and confirm how serious he was about Satanism
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline Aeon666

• The mother of postwhores!
  • I´m still missing you Dad... I haven´t forget you!
Re: King talked about in "Gospel of Filth" book
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 07:35:30 PM »
^Thanks for this posting man!!! really interesting to read and cool to know those facts.!!!! :king: :king: :king:

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 07:52:06 PM »
"AEON666" Anytime glad you enjoyed it \m/
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 07:54:28 PM »
I wonder if King and Dani will ever do another song together!  Hell better yet a whole album together would be killer!

Offline SUSSY

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 12:12:14 AM »
I didn't know about the existence of that book. It is very interesting :king:.
See you in Hell.

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 07:08:00 AM »
Yes it is a great book, with a ton of great reading and photo's!

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 09:28:32 PM »
 very cool info , thanks !

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 05:07:21 AM »
You are very welcome :)

Offline Jurassic_christ

• Spirit
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 08:12:49 PM »
I wonder if King and Dani will ever do another song together!  Hell better yet a whole album together would be killer!

wait, wat song do they do together?
ENTROPY!!!

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • $xDxR
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 09:45:00 PM »
wait, wat song do they do together?
i's a Cliff Richard Cover, devil woman...
it's on the album nymphetamine (only avaliable on the special edition, double CD in digipack version) of CoF...
very good song, king does not sing that much, he only does the backing vocals (he screams "wahhhhhh"....and  "devil woman, she's gonna get you" or something like this on the chorus...ow, there's a little "evil laugh" on 1:15 too)....but I love it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2NspRgqvwM
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 09:49:13 PM by The Joker »

Offline Nuncio

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 12:45:32 PM »
Very good cover indeed.. and I'm waiting for that book on my birthday (Halloween). Thanks for the spoilers! LOL.. j/k!  :D:

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Lurker From The Dark
  • even a broken clock is right twice a day
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 11:28:52 PM »
Yeah great cover am not a big Cradle of filth fan in general but bought that album for Devil woman was incredibly well harmonized with the vocals King and Dani worked well together so well infact first time i heard it i didn't know at first whom was singing King or Dani in some parts

Stay Heavy  :king:
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...would explain why i am so nice !

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • $xDxR
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 06:50:50 PM »
Yeah great cover am not a big Cradle of filth fan in general but bought that album for Devil woman was incredibly well harmonized with the vocals King and Dani worked well together so well infact first time i heard it i didn't know at first whom was singing King or Dani in some parts

Stay Heavy  :king:
\m/

Offline Jurassic_christ

• Spirit
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 08:32:41 PM »
the song was ok, needed more king singing parts!
ENTROPY!!!

Offline bladestone9

• Owner Of The "LOA" House
  • Taste Religion...Lick A Witch!
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 03:27:33 PM »
so the Chipmunk On Acid did a song with KING. Cool, Now maybe Dani will do a metal version of Christmas Time Is Here Again with the rest of the Chipmunks.
I CAN'T GO TO HELL...SATAN STILL HAS THAT RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME.

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • $xDxR
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 08:17:56 PM »
the song was ok, needed more king singing parts!
agreed, but I love it anyway