Author Topic: Can we do a king diamond/mercyful fate band page on vf?  (Read 9402 times)

Offline hellrider1

• Uninvited Guest
Can we do a king diamond/mercyful fate band page on vf?
« on: December 29, 2006, 12:07:55 AM »
i asked this before and renzo at one point in the old forum said it would be a good idea if he remembers but if i could do that it would be awesome.there are band profiles there now and millions of users there and a good way to introduce people to KD/MF and bring in more fans.

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
Re: Can we do a king diamond/mercyful fate band page on vf?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 02:15:53 PM »
I say that any way to promote a band is a good thing. King Diamond has a great page on myspace, which I think is awesome. I am not sure if it's put together by the King Diamond "people" or not, or maybe by one of the mods from here, but it looks great and is a great way to network.
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 08:21:38 AM »
I say that any way to promote a band is a good thing. King Diamond has a great page on myspace, which I think is awesome. I am not sure if it's put together by the King Diamond "people" or not, or maybe by one of the mods from here, but it looks great and is a great way to network.
That is NOT kings page, fyi.

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 08:45:09 AM »
That sucks. It is a very nice tribute, though.

And again, an awesome way to network.

Offline hellrider1

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 05:20:12 PM »
i was sure the myspace ones are not.but thats why since it would be cool to do it it would be nice to get the permission the proper way because it would be a awesome way to promote it.megadeth has one allready and so does dimmu borgir-OTEP just to name a few among manny other up and comming bands.

Offline Maggotcrusher666

• You Are "9"
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 06:31:26 PM »
King has a fine site as it is and does not need to a myspace page.  I like to think King Diamond and Mercyful Fate are above this online profile fad.

Offline hellrider1

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 07:13:26 PM »
its not about being above anything.its about publicity.

Offline miranda

• The mother of postwhores!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 07:38:18 PM »
King has a fine site as it is and does not need to a myspace page.  I like to think King Diamond and Mercyful Fate are above this online profile fad.
YES!

Praise the Lard

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 07:57:17 PM »
Whats wrong with online profiles?

just because alot of people do it does not make it a bad thing....

Offline Maggotcrusher666

• You Are "9"
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 09:16:06 PM »
Well I'd hate to deviate from topic with a rant on online profile pages so I'll leave that last question unanswered.  But the fact still remains that King Diamond has a great page here and does not need a myspace or ( worse yet ) a vampire freaks page.  The band is at the point where its practically a sin to be a metalhead and have not heard of them.  If people can't even make the arduous journey to the coven they sure as hell aren't going to ever actually pay for an album.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 10:07:10 PM by Maggotcrusher666 »

Offline miranda

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 10:01:40 PM »
there are lotz of reasons why i dont like them and im not surprised at all to hear that megadeth already has one  ::)

no offense to the people who have them i just wouldnt like to see king injected into that mess. it just reminds me of high school for some reason.

but note that its your prerogative if you have one, i know plenty of people that do.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 10:05:51 PM by miranda »
Praise the Lard

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 03:12:58 AM »
Yeah King Diamond does not need one for sure and probably best that he does not get one i just think online profiles are fun and interesting the same way i find forums fun and interesting.

Thanks for not going off topic and ranting man. I kind of asked a loaded question there but it was meant as more of a rhetorical way of saying i like online profile stuff like myspace.

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 03:11:13 PM »
I think online profiles are cool, too. They give us "little guys" a way to feel close to our heroes and gives those who might see us as their heroes a chance to find us. Kind of a 6-degrees kinda thing. I've met some great folks through the "Official King Diamond" myspace page. If they are (even imaginary!) friends with King Diamond, they are friends of mine, in my book!

Sorry to get off topic. My ADD is kicking in.

Offline hellrider1

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 06:24:12 PM »
i dont know why anyone would have a issue with online profiles.i have one on vf and myspace and it gives me a chance to browse bands just as it gave alot of people a chance to be opened to alot of bands they have never heard of.i know some of the guys in a band called deathmarch and wolven ancestry who rely on the internet and profile sites to promote their band.now why in the world shouldnt we use the same to promote the best two bands to ever hit heavy metal?king diamond and mercyful fate.theres alot of people who have never heard of them.now i know alot of you think that bands that do that are selling out.just because its being promoted does not mean selling out.it means just what it is were introducing people to it.thats all.now im not saying the coven isnt awesome because it is.and if we do do a profile site thing itll be linked right here to the covenworldwide and forums

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 06:38:41 PM »
wtf is vf?
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Maggotcrusher666

• You Are "9"
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 11:55:32 PM »
I believe vf is Vampire Freaks.  Its basically myspace for goths.

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 07:54:55 AM »
Oh boy! Goths are so serious and predictable. KD and MF don't belong there.
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline hellrider1

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 10:09:10 PM »
theres alooooot of metalheads there too

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 10:15:33 PM »
Again with the pigeon-holing! I know plenty of goths that are really cool people. And are into King Diamond.

I also know plenty of metal heads, punk-rock guys, industrial-music freaks, horror movie soundtrack buffs, and country music lovers that are cool. And are into King Diamond.

By the same token, I know people into all of those genres (and more) that are lame as hell. Heck, I even know a couple of King Diamond fanatics that are annoying, boring and tedious. None of them post here, though. :fingers:

Offline miranda

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2007, 05:17:01 PM »
Heck, I even know a couple of King Diamond fanatics that are annoying, boring and tedious. None of them post here, though. :fingers:

do they post at vf? :gah:

dont you point those fingers at me! :fingers:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 05:18:58 PM by miranda »
Praise the Lard

Offline hellrider1

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007, 04:51:23 PM »
anyway can i get a ye or nay on this from staff?im really looking forward to doing a template and all that making grafics and such.and im sure all i would need is permission from one of the mods or whatever here and id keep everyone here informed and stuff and update it with whatever updated info is posted here and all.