Author Topic: .I am not a rocknroll HOF guy, but why the hell is MF-KD not inducted yet?  (Read 5887 times)

METALLATEM

As i said, i am not much of a music ceremony person, but other shitty bands have been inducted over the king! This sucks! And it took black sabbath forever to finally get in. And fucking blondie is in, blondie sucks. Heart of glass my ass!  Congrats to metallica, they deserve it, but MF-KD need to be inducted. Black sabbath started the whole metal magic and MF started the second historical heavy, black, progressive and speed metal wave. Shame on the shitty RnR hall of fame. I dont want to sound like i care so much about this, but i am just making a point. And king should have one the grammy to. Never ending hill RULES! hey mabey the RnR HOF and the grammys can kiss jethro tulls ass like they did when they robbed metallica back in 1989. Anyway, just thought i would rant a little. I ate lots of chocolate. Cheers to MF-KD.  \m/  :king:

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
What are you talkin about? Jethro Tull is fuckin kick ass! :D

I don't care about all those grammy's and shit, i just want King to do what he is doing, make awesome music! no matter if other peeps like it or not, i love it! :D

METALLATEM

@kingoftherotton. I agree to. And jethro is ok, but come on, STEAL MONKEY beating out metallicas ONE, that is a music crime!  :(

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
Nah im not that kind to Metallica, but One is a great song, i would understand if had been Aqualung cause that song kicks some serious ass!

METALLATEM

@kingoftherotton. I agree, Aqualung is great. Anyway, MF-KD RULES and thats all that matters.  :king:

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
@kingoftherotton. I agree, Aqualung is great. Anyway, MF-KD RULES and thats all that matters.  :king:
Fuck yeah! You got that right!  :king:

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
As i said, i am not much of a music ceremony person, but other shitty bands have been inducted over the king! This sucks! And it took black sabbath forever to finally get in. And fucking blondie is in, blondie sucks. Heart of glass my ass!  Congrats to metallica, they deserve it, but MF-KD need to be inducted. Black sabbath started the whole metal magic and MF started the second historical heavy, black, progressive and speed metal wave. Shame on the shitty RnR hall of fame. I dont want to sound like i care so much about this, but i am just making a point. And king should have one the grammy to. Never ending hill RULES! hey mabey the RnR HOF and the grammys can kiss jethro tulls ass like they did when they robbed metallica back in 1989. Anyway, just thought i would rant a little. I ate lots of chocolate. Cheers to MF-KD.  \m/  :king:

Blondie deserves to be in.  But if KISS, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, RUSH, etc, etc ,etc are not in, King will not be getting in for a while. 

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master

But if KISS, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, RUSH, etc, etc ,etc are not in, King will not be getting in for a while. 
exactly  :cool:
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
You have to understand that the RnR HoF is just a marketing tool to help generate sales for bands past their prime. But the said bands had to have hits on american radio. Since King Diamond and Mercyful Fate never had a radio hit, they will NEVER be inducted. It's no use going on a crusade against the industry for this, it will change absoulutely nothing.
If there ever is a Heavy Metal Hall of Fame created one day, then you'd have a good argument.

And Jethro Tull totally diserved the grammy. The category was named back then, hard rock/heavy metal. And Metallica got a grammy a year later anyway for the same album, so stop crying about it!  :fingers:
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
It's not about doing what you want and getting things for it. If you want to be involved in things like this than you have to play the game and King Diamond/Mercyful Fate is not playing that kind of game and if they were we would not have the kind of music that we have today.

It's like trying to play street basketball and make it into the NBA. If you want to get into the NBA you have to play NBA basketball and not street ball style, rather it's more impressive or not.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 08:13:49 am by Tuwin »

METALLATEM

As i said before, i am not a fan or supporter of the RnR HOF, but i was just making a point. And metallicas ONE decapitates and fucks the dead body of that vomit steal jackoff monkey song that jethro vomited in 1989. Even if some of you are still mad at metallica for the 1991 to 2003 sordid past, you must admit that ONE dismembers jethros STEAL MONKEY. oh and i just want to mention that death magnetic RULES! ok, put away your knives and axes, its just my opinion!  :D

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
First of all, it wasn't "One vs, Steel Monkey". It was the album Crest of a Knve vs. ...and Justice for All.
and I repeat, the category was HARD ROCK/heavy metal.
go here, at the bottom of the page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Awards_of_1989
you can also see that Tina Turner won for best Rock Vocal performance....Is Tina Turner rock?

Jethro Tull probably won 'cos the grammy voters were a bit disconnected with the metal scene. They saw a name they recognized, so they voted for it. It doesn't change the fact that they were both in the same category and anything goes once this is out.

King didn't win 'cos he was against Slayer, which are better known by the general public, and therefore, the grammy voters.
This system sucks, I agree, but getting angry at bands that have nothing to do with it is futile and childish!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

METALLATEM

@beelzebub. Then jethro bashed metallica and called them to play their spandex hearts out. Thats fucked up! At the time metallica was still non-compromised musically and they were amazing. You pointed out the grammy was for albums, thats even more disturbing! And justice for all blew away everone and everything at those grammys. And yes slayer RULES, but KDs never ending hill still should have won in my humble opinion!  :)

METALLATEM

Ok ok, i will stop bitchen and moanin!  :o  :D

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
@beelzebub. Then jethro bashed metallica and called them to play their spandex hearts out. Thats fucked up! At the time metallica was still non-compromised musically and they were amazing. You pointed out the grammy was for albums, thats even more disturbing! And justice for all blew away everone and everything at those grammys. And yes slayer RULES, but KDs never ending hill still should have won in my humble opinion!  :)

Like I said, it's not a question of who or what is better, it's based on POPULARITY....and in 1989, like it or not, Jethro Tull was better known than Metallica by THE GRAMMY VOTERS!

But since that happened, with the whole controversy of the hard rock/metal category, it made the Grammy execs realize that there should be 2 seperate categories. And the following year (and ever since) there were 2 seperate categories. And as I said earlier, the Grammy for best metal performance went to Metallica in 1990. That was the best way to straighten out the issue. They couldn't just take away the Grammy from Jethro Tull and give it to Metallica. So they did the next best thing. So at least, something good came out of it.

I'm sorry to say, but metalheads who keep bashing Jethro Tull for this haven't got a clue!

METALLATEM

@beelzebub. Thats cool. But i still hate that run-dmc is going in this year!  :(

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
lol! How about the entire Motown roster being in there?  ::)

METALLATEM

@beelzebub. Some of the motown is ok, but i see your point. i think great bands like the moody blues, deep purple, ted nugent, journey, bad company and others in that realm should all be put in now. That way the HOF could start fresh. My head will explode the minute the HOF starts putting in pussy boy bands and maggot gangsta rap crap. I just have a feeling that they will start doing this in the years to come!  :(  :(

METALLATEM

.I know king problubly doesnt worry about this stuff to much, but he is worthy of it.  :cool:

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
.I know king problubly doesnt worry about this stuff to much, but he is worthy of it.  :cool:
yep....I agree totally. \m/
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

METALLATEM

@azalin.  :king:

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
SIMPLE:

HOF = COMMERCIAL
KING DIAMOND = NOT COMMERCIAL

King Diamond COULD, probably, if he wanted sell his soul to the media and become the undisputed "f**kin pr**ce of f**kin darkness" on television with his own television show with his family eating dog shit and other degrading stupid shit that gets his face in the limelight and corrupts his musical integrity.

Unfortunately King's soul already belongs to another which is why he'll continue to make great music until THEY decide to call it a day!
 :king:
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

METALLATEM

@beastregards. Your correct to! Well said!  :)