Author Topic: A cold rainy night. A knock upon your door. Its king, he needs a favor.  (Read 28826 times)

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
I don't know how it works in Demark, but we have what we call "Tax Brackets" for income tax (just one of our long list of taxes). Where what bracket your income falls into, dictates what percentage you pay.  Many times, a person near the top of their tax bracket will refuse a raise in income because it will move them into a new bracket.  The raise may not be enough to compensate for the new percentage you have to pay, and you can actually end up bringing home less than when you made less (if that makes sense).

I don't have figures to back this up now, but I would venture to guess that most Americans (working class) pay between 30-40 percent in income tax.  Some brackets pay over 50%, which isn't necessarily fair to them, but at that point they aren't hurting for money anyway.  However, I'd be pissed if my good fortune and hard work was penalized with higher taxes to "balance the system."

between taxes,health insurance, and whatever else my paycheck is fucked. If I got paid my gross income I would be doing way better.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 06:00:30 pm by Maiden Jersey »

Offline desecrator_of_soul

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
  • Oh Satan, I beseech thee to have mercy on my soul!
Wow, this thread really took a 180.  :gah:

Next topic: I think Janet Jackson has really gone down the tubes. opinions?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 07:05:58 pm by desecrator_of_soul »

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
I don't know how it works in Demark, but we have what we call "Tax Brackets" for income tax (just one of our long list of taxes). Where what bracket your income falls into, dictates what percentage you pay.  Many times, a person near the top of their tax bracket will refuse a raise in income because it will move them into a new bracket.  The raise may not be enough to compensate for the new percentage you have to pay, and you can actually end up bringing home less than when you made less (if that makes sense).

I don't have figures to back this up now, but I would venture to guess that most Americans (working class) pay between 30-40 percent in income tax.  Some brackets pay over 50%, which isn't necessarily fair to them, but at that point they aren't hurting for money anyway.  However, I'd be pissed if my good fortune and hard work was penalized with higher taxes to "balance the system."
In Denmark we have it like this

We pay from our earned money AMBI which is at 8% right now.

Then we pay healthinsurance at 8%
Communal taxes (which variates from commune to commune, our country is split up in communes, i guess it can remind a little of your states just a hell of lot smaller!)
Then we pay buttom taxes, which is 5,48% off everything we own.
We pay some middle taces at 6% from the amount of money you earn over 272.600dkk per year
And then we pay high taxes which is 15% of the amount you earn over 327.200 dkk per year.

I don't know if you understand that :D It's pretty complicated

METALLATEM

@desecrator of soul. Janet jackson SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. She and her twisted self-chosen deranged family refuse to save michael maggot jacksons kids from michael maggot jackson. That rat forces them a lot of the time to wear masks and burka type clothing to cover their innocent faces in public. MJ and JJ and a lot of that family can fuck off to hell.  :(

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
Next topic: I think Janet Jackson has really gone down the tubes. opinions?
Janet Jackson is a schlurd.
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
In Denmark we have it like this

We pay from our earned money AMBI which is at 8% right now.

Then we pay healthinsurance at 8%
Communal taxes (which variates from commune to commune, our country is split up in communes, i guess it can remind a little of your states just a hell of lot smaller!)
Then we pay buttom taxes, which is 5,48% off everything we own.
We pay some middle taces at 6% from the amount of money you earn over 272.600dkk per year
And then we pay high taxes which is 15% of the amount you earn over 327.200 dkk per year.

I don't know if you understand that :D It's pretty complicated

Bottom line...it all sucks donkey balls. :(

Janet Jackson is a schlurd.

I would still appreciate seeing her naked on a somewhat regular basis. :-[
The new Seeing Seven album "Genesis III" out now! www.seeingseven.com

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
I would still appreciate seeing her naked on a somewhat regular basis. :-[
from what I have heard, she has recently become frighteningly rotund. still interested? :P

- Ash, housewares

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master

- Ash, housewares

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate

METALLATEM

How about JJ putting a burka on! That might improve her aweful music and she might then want to help her niece and nephew which she doesnt give a fuck about!  Oh sorry, her music will always suck! Its janet, miss jackson if your nasty!  LOL  :D

Offline inthecatacomb0

• Ghost of Change
 hell yea then we go have a cup a tea!! :king:

METALLATEM

Lets hope JJ and MJ dont end up in the fire place with missy! Just kidding, wink! wink!  :D