Author Topic: A Question About King Diamonds Musical taste  (Read 9029 times)

Offline BellwitchMF

• Angel Of Light
  • R.I.P Mr Ronnie James Dio \m/ \m/
Re: A Question About King Diamonds Musical taste
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2009, 02:44:07 pm »
Back in late 1997 I hooked up with Metal Blade Records to help promote Voodoo.  At that time, not many bands had websites and it was very rare to get an audio clip from upcoming music.  I had an advance copy of Voodoo and I had access to an MP3 encoder.  Back in early 1998 you could not just rip a CD on your computer like you can now.  The software to rip the CD was 20,000 USD and it took HOURS.  A buddy of mine in Croatia had a music studio and had this software so he let me use it to rip the Voodoo CD.  I then obtained permission from Metal Blade to create a Voodoo site and have clips up there.  Most people at the time were on dial-up still so I had one complete song ripped as AM radio quality and 2 clips from other songs in higher FM radio quality.  I ran the site off of a spare server at my employer's office and the response was phenomenal.  I got invited to do an interview with King right before the Voodoo tour kicked off.  During the tour, I received a copy of Dead Again and immediately registered deadagain.com.  Once again I got permission to encode some music and post it on the site and this time I also embarked on a road trip from Seattle to Houston in August 1998 to follow the tour and post daily updates on the site with photos.  I managed to meet everyone in the band on my way from Seattle through California and into Arizona except King.  Finally I arrived in San Antonio and was invited to dinner with the band and crew.  I finally met King and that night he schooled me on the history of heavy metal.  He had stacks of import CDs and we had quite the listening party.  The photo that I took of Mike Wead and posted in the Sirius thread is from that trip. 

thats so freaking awesome man!! im so jealous!!! damn thats awesome! KING is my IDOL man! i love the man! id kill to meet him! thats also awesome that he is a big heavy metal fan himself!! how come king is so hard to meet??when he goes on tour i HOPE to meet him because im friends with the singer of HAIL SATAN jonathan and he is friends with KING and all the KD AND MF guys so hes gonna try to get me to meet them when they go on tour!!! will be a dream come true man! so was KING like one of the nicest people you met?i have a german friend that saw and meet KING on the 86 fatal portrait tour and said he was suprised because KING was one of the nicest and most friendliest person he EVER met! :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 02:45:33 pm by BellwitchMF »

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2009, 12:48:52 pm »
He's probably a huge fan of Faith Illusion  \m/
He should be, the name is one i came up with for a tribute to him :D

thats so freaking awesome man!! im so jealous!!! damn thats awesome! KING is my IDOL man! i love the man! id kill to meet him! thats also awesome that he is a big heavy metal fan himself!! how come king is so hard to meet??when he goes on tour i HOPE to meet him because im friends with the singer of HAIL SATAN jonathan and he is friends with KING and all the KD AND MF guys so hes gonna try to get me to meet them when they go on tour!!! will be a dream come true man! so was KING like one of the nicest people you met?i have a german friend that saw and meet KING on the 86 fatal portrait tour and said he was suprised because KING was one of the nicest and most friendliest person he EVER met! :)
You already know that he is he is on here writing with us :D

I haven't had the pleasure yet, but i have written with quite a few of the members from KD and MF and Ole as well. They fuckin kick ass everyone!

I hope to meet King someday as well :) Would be kickass

Offline BellwitchMF

• Angel Of Light
  • R.I.P Mr Ronnie James Dio \m/ \m/
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 06:34:56 pm »
He should be, the name is one i came up with for a tribute to him :D
You already know that he is he is on here writing with us :D

I haven't had the pleasure yet, but i have written with quite a few of the members from KD and MF and Ole as well. They fuckin kick ass everyone!

I hope to meet King someday as well :) Would be kickass
agreed KING is god...end of story :king:

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009, 07:22:15 pm »
agreed KING is god...end of story :king:
Fucking word my friend :)

Offline undeadbob

• Salem