Author Topic: 'Nuns Have No Fun' should've been a full length album!  (Read 2448 times)

Offline Night Prowler

• Unclean Spirit
'Nuns Have No Fun' should've been a full length album!
« on: June 23, 2009, 04:04:05 am »
I keep thinking to myself how cool it would have been if the band had had enough time or money to add a few more songs to this great EP to make it an LP. And the tracks they should have recorded? Well, obviously 'Return of the Vampire' and 'Burning the Cross' and maybe 'Black Masses'? Or maybe even 'M.D.A.', renamed and with better lyrics (great track, naff lyrics). I know the reason why 'Burning the Cross' was never used but I'm sure B Peterson wouldn't have minded his track being on there. And I know 'Return of the Vampire' was later re-recorded for 'In the Shadows' (not as good though) but it would have fitted perfectly on 'Nuns Have No Fun'. I just get annoyed sometimes that songs of this quality are stuck on a demo compilation when they should have been properly used. Anyone else feel this way or is it just me?
My sweet Satan, you are the one!

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
Re: 'Nuns Have No Fun' should've been a full length album!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 06:27:00 am »
Part of Burning the Cross made it into Devil Eyes, so it's not about using a song that someone out of the band wrote.
Whatever wasn't used pretty much all got recorded and released on the 2 full lenghts, minus the few oddball songs.
They (the record industry folks) just needed to test the market with an ep and go from there. But I agree that a decent Return of the Vampire recorded in its prime would have fitted perfectly!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Night Prowler

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 10:08:41 am »
Thanks for the info. I didn't realise that part of 'Burning the Cross' was used in 'Devil Eyes', will have to have another listen. But saying that, as good as 'Devil Eyes' is, out of the 2 songs, I would still have preferred to have had 'Burning the Cross' on the EP.

Offline Huntsm├Žnus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 11:29:45 am »
More tracks would've diluted the preciousness of this release. It's fine the way it is...
Resistance is inadvisable...

METALLATEM

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 08:17:57 am »
Yes! Yes! I love the e.p., but i to have pondered the idea that at least burning the cross and return of the vampire could or should have been added. It would of or could of gone like this 1.doomed by the living dead 2.corpse without a soul 3.nuns have no fun 4.devil eyes 5.burning the cross 6.return of the vampire  :king:

Offline Night Prowler

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 11:54:56 am »
Adding 'Burning the Cross' and 'Return of the Vampire' definitely would have enhanced 'Nuns Have No Fun' (for me).
At about 35 minutes in length, it would have been a short LP or a long EP.

Although, I'd have had them in this order...

Side 1: 'A Corpse Without Soul' - 'Nuns Have No Fun' - 'Return of the Vampire'
Side 2: 'Doomed by the Living Dead' - 'Devil Eyes' - 'Burning the Cross'