Author Topic: 4 decades soon. Ok, its been 1981 to 2009. Sum up the career of mf kd so far.  (Read 4124 times)

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
Besides the lack of real drums on the awesome THE EYE album, i am so honored and gratefull to be a mf kd fan. A fourth decade is coming for king and i sum up kings career as absolute amazing metal mindblowing satisfaction! Thanks mf kd. :king:  :)
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
With the new awesome news things are looking great! Hail to the future and hail to mf kd. :king: \m/

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
I never had any problems with the drums on The Eye, so if they are actually a drummachine, well then it's the best
drum-programming I have ever heard on a metalalbum. Snowy says drummachine, King says drumpads. Doesn't matter, it's
definitely one of my favourite albums by King Diamond.

Here's to King & Co!
CHEERS!

-

Offline HeadOnTheWall777

• The King Of Diamonds
His music will keep me headbanging to the fucking grave  \m/ Thanks for all of those kick ass years of metal and to the future you will continue to give. King Diamond is the definition and god of all that is metal  \m/. HAIL  :king:

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
The eye is still great even though i would definatly approve of king re-recording the whole thing with real drums. This is the only metal album i can think of that i enjoy, but would welcome a re-do. :)

Offline Le Croix

• Desecrator Of Souls
The eye is still great even though i would definatly approve of king re-recording the whole thing with real drums. This is the only metal album i can think of that i enjoy, but would welcome a re-do. :)
i wouldn't start this discussion again...it is good the way it is. my favourite (released at the right time in my life)
Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted

I really hope that will never happen!  :) The Eye is a masterpiece.

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
Mabey i should make a topic of this eye subject. Mabey? :)

Offline Thomas

• Lurker From The Dark
Mabey i should make a topic of this eye subject. Mabey? :)

Please don't, it's been beaten to death several times over already. :)

Offline Thomas

• Lurker From The Dark
Besides the lack of real drums on the awesome THE EYE album, i am so honored and gratefull to be a mf kd fan. A fourth decade is coming for king and i sum up kings career as absolute amazing metal mindblowing satisfaction! Thanks mf kd. :king:  :)

Quick sum up:
80's: The Golden Era. FP, Abigail, Them, Conspiracy... No comment necessary!
90's: a mixed bag of great and not-so-great stuff. Musicianship dropping a little when Mikkey Dee left. A lot of underappreciated music being done in this era.
00's: after several line-up changes in the 90's and early 2000's the members have been the same for about 7 years now, probably a reason to why they're getting better and better, with TPM and GMYSP being KD´s best records since the 80's. Back injury turns out to be a huge setback, with cancelled tours etc. With the Guitar Hero appearance, DVD's and remasters (not to forget the shoes! :)) there's a lot of things happening in the near future, and fingers are crossed for new material and a tour in 2010.

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
Agree especially about the 90s. I feel that in some way KD and MF suffered a little in the time King was doing both bands, as if it was being a little "spread out thin", if you understand. I think this goes mostly for KD as MF, in my opinion, through the reuinon-period released generally better stuff; Time, 9 and so on is better tha The Graveyard and so on. Generally speaking, of course   :) Loads of good music from KD too during the 90s, of course.

Hugs and kisses, bitches!
Like, whatever.

Offline Le Croix

• Desecrator Of Souls
for me the word is: PERFECTION. the only small stain is Darrin Anthony. i LOVE The Graveyard, but if Snowy was on it it would have been cited as a classic now. otherwise i can't imagine my collection without any of KD/MF albums.
if i haven't said it yet...THANK YOU MR.PETERSEN(AND EVERYONE INVOLVED) FOR THE SOUNDTRACK OF MY LIFE
Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
The still active hiatus for mf is actually a good thing to me. The 2000s have been awesome for kd. Mf will (fingers crossed) return with an album worth the necessary wait. :king: