Author Topic: Let's pimp the "Evil" 2009 single around, in other forums!  (Read 2863 times)

Offline zorrow

• Jonah
Let's pimp the "Evil" 2009 single around, in other forums!
« on: July 16, 2009, 04:02:38 am »
I just got the idea of giving some extra visibility to the new "Evil" single. My problem is that I am not a very "online" guy, but hopefully some other guys here are. In any case, I wrote the following text in two other music-related forums where I go from time to time (The Annihilator forums and the Hamer Guitars Fanclub). I guess we can spread the news this way, and hopefully some new people will discover MF and, most importantly, will support the band in this critical moment. So, this is what I wrote --please feel free to copy and paste parts of it, modify it, etc.:

Title: Mercyful Fate's new single in iTunes and Amazon!
Subtitle: Please allow me to pimp one of my preferred bands.

As some of you might already know, I am well into Mercyful Fate. I find their music way cool and deliciously raw and heavy. :)

In any case, for those who care around here, they just released their 2009 single, which consists on the two songs they re-recorded for the game "Guitar Hero Metallica".

The two songs are revamped versions of the classics "Evil" and "Curse of the Pharaohs", mastered by Andy Larocque and co-produced by King Diamond himself.

These tracks are exclusively released in digital format and are for sale in iTunes, Amazon and such.

So, if you want to support the band by showing there's a growing interest in them, please buy these two new tracks from the aforementioned digital music providers --it's not expensive at all, and you'll help the artist this way too.

Thanks!

PS : The following link is to get the single from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002FDRZ4...8289&sr=8-2.

...and this is the cover art --they will release a vinyl single in September:

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
Re: Let's pimp the "Evil" 2009 single around, in other forums!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 06:06:24 am »
I have been bringing up the subject all over myspace and requesting it on the local hard rock radio stations
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 07:19:53 am »
:king:  Great idea!
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline zorrow

• Jonah
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 10:48:43 am »
Good!

Well, I guess we should say here where we already did it. As I said, I only go to two other music-related forums: Annihilator (the thrash band) and the HFC (Hamer Guitars). I already posted the message on both, and even some people replied.

Is anyone here active in the forums of Megadeth, Metallica, Testament, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath and such? Guitar sites like Ibanez, Jackson, Schecter and such might also be the right places to do that, as well as other gear sites.

So, if you feel you are active enough in any music-related forum, in order to post this kind of "pimp" announce and be credible, please do it! :)

Rock on! :king:

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 01:15:34 pm »
So, if you feel you are active enough in any music-related forum, in order to post this kind of "pimp" announce and be credible, please do it! :)

Yeah, that should be very important. Otherwise, you just come off as a street-teamer and can get banned!
As of November 2018, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 13

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 08:46:00 am »
Well, i just gave a mild pimp to the 2 songs as a topic at metallicabb. I tried to do it as suttle as possible. If they spank me, then oh well, life goes on. Although i did sorta throw in the met guitar hero as a thanks. So i got two pimps in one. LOL. :D :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 08:57:41 am by Akillica »
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline Smechies

• Mad Arab
  • Ballsack
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 10:42:17 pm »
Well, i just gave a mild pimp to the 2 songs as a topic at metallicabb. I tried to do it as suttle as possible. If they spank me, then oh well, life goes on. Although i did sorta throw in the met guitar hero as a thanks. So i got two pimps in one. LOL. :D :)
No way! I used to use that forum!
All hail the cock!  \m/

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 09:59:47 am »
@smechies. I am the profile name ZOOLUKE at metallicabb. CWW, METALLICABB and SLAYERSAVES are the only music forums i go on. Plus pimping met guitar hero and mf kd at these forums helps honor king! :) :)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 10:08:48 am by Akillica »