Author Topic: Forgive me! The eye is a great album, but i would welcome a remake with drums.  (Read 24170 times)

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
As i mentioned this in another topic. It is strange because THE EYE is the only metal album that i truely truely enjoy, but i would welcome a complete remake with real drums, or take what was already the final master that we know and add real drums. Either way, i would welcome it. So please dont throw malitove cocktails at me with your minds LOL. Anyway, the eye is still cool even if king never does what i have stated in this topic. :)  :cool:
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
Hehe.
King, do NOT listen to this nut.

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
I like it fine the way it is. The Eye is the album that got me into King Diamond in the first place. if it was changed at all I would be disappointed. the drums work fine on the entire album, whether it was done by a person, a machine, or whatever. the album is, to me, superior to whatever anyone else was putting out at the time. isnt that all that really matters?
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@theunborn. Awe dont worry to much, I dont think king would ever do it. But if by some miracle he did, i would be happy. @king diamond. Feel free to scold me if this topic is to insane! :)  :king:   I wonder if king has ever considered this topic idea??
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@azalin. Your point is valid and well taken. Yes, that is all that matters, But hasent your curiousity ever let you imagine the eye with killer ass fucking drums? :cool:

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
And remember this, king is an amazing and unique metal singer, so just imagine how much even more kings amazing THE EYE vocals would be enhanced by awesome drums! \m/

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
we probably just have different tastes. I think The Eye is perfect as is. in fact (and I know lots of people will probably disagree with me) I think it would screw up the sound if the drums were redone. a major reason the album sounds as killer as it does is exactly because of what went into making it. if it was totally rerecorded with a live drummer throughout, you might have really badass drums, but it would be different. what then? try to make it sound like the original during the mixing/mastering process? why? that defeats the purpose.

academically speaking, I think you have an interesting point. practically speaking, I think its unnecessary.
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
sure real drums would be nice but why go backwards and do something that you already did. So imo its fine the way it is and that album is fucking awesome btw. \m/

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@azalin @maiden jersey. Even with our technical disagreement, yes, the eye is great. And believe me, if king never adds drums, i wont lose any sleep over it because the eye is very well produced and a solid piece of metal work. But i will day dream about it though. :D :cool:

Offline Mohican

• Gypsy
Personally i would not want this to happen - for me The Eye is a very, very strong album and the electronic drums are part of it.
I really like the album the way it is.
I remember King has said in some of his interviews that he was surprised, when someone said that The Eye is their favourite KD album...and that`s because there was no tour for that album and the overall promotion was pretty poor.
Well...i can`t say The Eye is my overall favourite, but it definitely is my favourite from the 90-s...with Voodoo  \m/
You and me...we`re not even the same species...

Offline ...To the Morgue.

• Lurker From The Dark
    • https://www.facebook.com/dooms666day
I think it's OK to remix or remastered albums.  But beginning to rerecord only the drum here or any part there is a bit like to draw something else over Mona Lisa face IMO...

Ozzy did rerecord drums and bass on Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a madman and I think even if it still sound good you don't have the feeling of the way it was recorded at the time...So my point is not about royalty, money and Bob Daisley so no need to talk about this...

Exodus did rerecord Bonded by blood and most people said that it don't stand above the original.  So you cannot have the same magic happen twice even if you have better recording tools.

...So don't touch the classics....;)

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
It took me a while to really enjoy THE EYE album purely because of the drums, and the sound of the drums... having never really been a fan of electronic kits and the digital sound that comes with them but over time I learned to enjoy it, especially since the songs were so great.

Deadly Lullabyes shows how good those songs are with REAL drums though I don't think a re-recording would do anyone any favours.
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
Other bands were mentioned as to re-doing or adding drums, bass etc, and that is WRONG! But the eye originaly has no real drum kit so an adding of real drums or a remake is ok. :cool:

• Lurker From The Dark
Other bands were mentioned as to redoing or adding drums, bass etc, and that is WRONG! But the eye originally has no real drum kit so an adding of real drums or a remake is OK. :cool:

Real or no real drum kit I don't see the point to rerecord the drum track...A lot of metal bands use triggers, drum samples and sequencer to record drum and no one seem to care about "real drum kit".   So the drums on the eyes was recorded the way it intend to be.  King wanted to experiment this way like many other bands at the same time period.  I still wonder why peoples are still upset about this today...

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@to the morgue. Even though i want the drums re-done, The good thing is that i am an eye fan regardless if king ever re-did the drums or not. :cool:

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
I like the album as it is, theres something weird about it, mostly because of the drums actually don't fit to well, and yet they are perfect.

• Lurker From The Dark
@to the morgue. Even though i want the drums redone, The good thing is that i am an eye fan regardless if king ever redid the drums or not. :cool:

No offense and I understand your point.  I've also some different visions of what King should have done on some albums.  I mean everyone have an idea on something and want to share it.

The idea of rerecord something is not necessarily a bad idea if it's done an interesting way...

Example maybe King should release a double greatest hits with the original versions and a new versions of the classics...a bit like he did for Evil and curse of pharaohs. I also think that is what Gamma Ray did with Blast from the past.  It's an interesting idea that give a little more than just put theses songs that everybody already own....anyway it just my 2 cents....

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@to the morgue. No offence taken friend. Its all good!  :)  :king:   

Offline RIFF

• Uninvited Guest
  • Nuns have fun! Candles!
to be honest only production fail are the drums on spider's....but i still wouldnt change em
i like the eye drums :)
Where are you going with that knife?!?!?!?!

Offline Rodr-Evil

• Uninvited Guest
  • Even Death May Die.
In general I hate programming drums, but the ones used in The Eye are great  :king:

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@rodr-evil. You seem to have the same sentiments as most eye fans. Even i like the album and i would welcome drums. I think the eye is great and it somehow works with how it came out. This is, in my opinion, the only metal album in history that is acceptable to the metal public. But imagine if slayer, exodus, metallica, megadeth, anthrax, death, obituary or any other metal band did an album or came out with a new album and had electronic/programed drums! There would be mental riots! So my point is is that king is so special and unique that he pulled off the greatest metal chance taking decision, and created a respected and amazing solid memorable metal album called THE EYE! :king: \m/ :cool:

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
@rodr-evil. You seem to have the same sentiments as most eye fans. Even i like the album and i would welcome drums. I think the eye is great and it somehow works with how it came out. This is, in my opinion, the only metal album in history that is acceptable to the metal public. But imagine if slayer, exodus, metallica, megadeth, anthrax, death, obituary or any other metal band did an album or came out with a new album and had electronic/programed drums! There would be mental riots! So my point is is that king is so special and unique that he pulled off the greatest metal chance taking decision, and created a respected and amazing solid memorable metal album called THE EYE! :king: \m/ :cool:
sorry but no, if riots where to happen the only reason they didn't is because KD doesn't have that kind of publicity.
nor does he need it.
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@beast regards. Ok, here are some middle stream bands. If it was motorhead, death angel, death, obituary or cannibal corpse who did what the eye did, there would be burning mental riots. And let me state it again, king was able to break the riot mental metal curse because king really truely is respected and so honest and creative. It works for the eye! The electronic-programed drums on the eye were a HUGE gamble that managed to hit a rare lottery jackpot! :)

Offline gamemaster

• Lady In Black
The drums in the Eye are not bad at all,because they are composed by an awesome drummer(a.k.a. Snowy),and perfommed by the drumkit of a computer.I am sure many of the drummers here in the forum can support my case recognizing very interesting patterns in the rocording.The real problem is the sound:they are flat,distant,mechanical,and overall fake.But if a re-recording ever occur-i am neutral to the idea,and it is a decision of the band nevertheless-will it be better to start with The Spider's Lullabye and The Graveyard drum parts first?

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
When its all said and done, the eye is damn lucky that is was done by king diamond. King just has what it takes to make it work and it worked. Props to king! :) :cool: