Author Topic: Top 5 Drumming In King Diamond Songs  (Read 12048 times)

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
Re: Top 5 Drumming In King Diamond Songs
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 10:34:06 pm »
Me being a drummer, this is easy. My top 5 are all from THEM. THEM is a galactic drumming masterpiece!  1.welcome home 2.the invisible guests 3.mothers getting weaker 4.bye bye missy 5.twilight symphony. M-DEE RULES! \m/
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 06:11:27 pm »
Strange that no one has chosen any of the fake programmed drums from Abigail II, Puppet Master, or Gimme Your Soul?  Gee, wonder why?
fuck off please.

my choices:

Slippery Stairs
Emerencia
Give Me Your Soul...Please
LOA House
Voodoo

THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Jack Glass

• Haunted
  • King Diamond & Hell, best two metal acts ever.
    • Hellman-666 Forum
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2009, 09:00:20 am »
Hard to pick 5, certainly the most memorable drumming is from Abigail, Them & Conspiracy, but that coincides with me hearing those albums as a teen and they left a huge impression on me. I think anything Mikkey Dee drummed on for KD is just awesome, he's a fantastic drummer with a unique flare, I was gutted when he left because he is so good. However in true KD style he always finds awesome replacements and Matt is a great drummer as well, sometimes he reminds me of Mikkey in patches, but even Matt said he could not replace such an awesme drummer, that is testament to how good Mikkey Dee was and is, although he's a wasted talent at Motorhead.

For me Them has Mikkey drumming at his very best, the whole KD band at that time were just on song.

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2009, 04:00:19 am »
Typical fanboi responses...

"He must HATE King to post something like this!"

No, REAL fans post their feelings when something done by one of their TRULY FAVORITE artists does something they completely disagree with (i.e., not being honest). 

Sure thing, I agree with that. But in all honesty, how do you know the drums are programmed? Are you saying Matt is lying to us when
he says he is the one playing on the albums? I'm just wondering.

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2009, 11:16:58 am »
here we go again  ::)

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2009, 12:06:27 pm »
here we go again  ::)

No shit.  I refuse to participate. ::)
The new Seeing Seven album "Genesis III" out now! www.seeingseven.com

Offline Huntsm├Žnus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2009, 12:22:53 pm »
Hard to pick 5, certainly the most memorable drumming is from Abigail, Them & Conspiracy, but that coincides with me hearing those albums as a teen and they left a huge impression on me. I think anything Mikkey Dee drummed on for KD is just awesome, he's a fantastic drummer with a unique flare, I was gutted when he left because he is so good. However in true KD style he always finds awesome replacements and Matt is a great drummer as well, sometimes he reminds me of Mikkey in patches, but even Matt said he could not replace such an awesme drummer, that is testament to how good Mikkey Dee was and is, although he's a wasted talent at Motorhead.

For me Them has Mikkey drumming at his very best, the whole KD band at that time were just on song.

Well said. From the Jonah to Cremation, I can't remember a song where his drumming was sacrificed in anyway. Not unlike Dave Lombardo...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline ACJimbo

• Holy Shrine
  • South Of Heaven
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2009, 03:25:50 pm »
THEM is the choice, mostly because drums are so up in the mix they are nearly clogging the vocals  :D: I quite like the FATAL PORTRAIT drum sound, even though it lacks bass and depth
You Carry The Will
As The Morning Is Near

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2009, 03:46:01 pm »
No shit.  I refuse to participate. ::)

lol yeah I agree