Author Topic: Forgive me! The eye is a great album, but i would welcome a remake with drums.  (Read 21303 times)

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@nightprowler. Great research! I remember reading a little of that on the net a while ago. Lars did it, and james and kirk should have taken lars to the back room, duct tape him to a chair and forced him to watch seseame street episodes untill the mixing was complete! LOL LOL. That sucks what happened jason. But, its the past and it seems that the boys have made up and become better friends. :cool:   On the snowy drum issue, ya, it would have been sweet to have his kick ass drums complete the eye! :)
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
Part time I do play drums in my brothers thrash metal band. And thats why i also am passionate about the eye. As i said, the eye rules, but mabey i am a tad bias because real drums are the pumping heart of all metal music. :cool:
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline Thomas

• Lurker From The Dark
The focus on production is hugely exaggerated! Most of todays music is more or less overproduced resulting in it feeling too polished and "perfect", making it boring to listen to. Very few bands actually benefit from the nitpicking going on. For me, the actual songs, how they work together and the overall atmosphere of the album are all much, much more important. I prefer a more raw sound that makes it feel more "real" and organic.  A whole bunch of classic albums throughout history are suffering from their productions - for example most of the 80's albums sounds weak by todays standards - but that doesn't make them any worse in my ears, just representative of the time their from.

1. The music
2. Production

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@thomas. i understand what you are saying. in the end, the finished atmosphere and sound is all that truely matters. i here ya!  :) :king:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:54:19 pm by Akillica »

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
@ Akillica  Ever since you mentioned the drums on this album I cant hear anythinbg else but that.  Im focused on it lmao.  Now its like that damn snair drum on st anger  >:D

So now King HAS to remake the album with drums, Just for me :D  so i can focus on the music  :gah:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 06:20:13 pm by F.O.A.D. »

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@foad. Thank you! And you brought up an excellant point about the st.anger snare. In a wierd way, i would actually choose the eye snare over the st.anger snare. I like lars ulrich and i think he is an incredible drummer, but the st.anger snare is the ultimate sin in snare sounds. I am a drummer and i died a little inside when lars turned the snare band switch off! :(

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
yeah. I completely agree.  I have many of coments bout that but i do believe that belongs in a different area :/

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
a remake of the album would suck all the feelings and emotions and atmosphere out of a brilliant album....

I definitely say no.

at first I hated The Eye (because of the electronic drums), I got over myself and found an amazing album with amazing songs. 
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
what if they just remastered it with ONLY real drums substituded in the electronic butt rock, 80's electric drums?  leave the rest.   The more raw the better.

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@foad @beast regards. I here ya! Anyway, the eye is a great work of metal. :king:

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
im still blaming you Akillica, for my utter hatred for the drums on that album.  Its like the fly you didnt know was buzzing around your head till someone points it out to you, now you cant quit swating at it lol. 

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@foad. A nice pizza will cure the eye drumming bug! LOL :D

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
Cant afford that for now....so ill have to settle for a been buritto from Taco Johns lol.

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@foad. mmmmm! Tacos RULE!

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
Pink Tacos!!!  Specially the Pink Taco Buffet   \m/

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@foad. Pink tacos? Sounds odd but yummy! :D :)

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
you do know what a pink taco is right ?  :P

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@foad. I dont.

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
that would be the all mighty pussy, my good sir.  \m/  the most powerful force in the universe. 

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
@foad. I dont.
the word in spanish for 'pink taco' is panocha.  :)
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@foad. If pink tacos is slang for poon tang, then i am all smiles! LOL :) :) :)

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
Yes.  Panocha.  Haha....i havent used that word since highschool. I love that word.  Same with squint eye....and pink eye. 

See budy ole pal...even at a metal site you can learn something :D

All hail the PINK TACO!!!!!

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@foad. :) :cool:

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
HAHA where's LF in a thread like this?
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
Does he too hail to the Pink Taco GOD?  \m/