Author Topic: Forgive me! The eye is a great album, but i would welcome a remake with drums.  (Read 23249 times)

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
Forgive me! The eye is great, but i would welcome a remake with drums.
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2009, 10:43:32 pm »
@beast regards @foad. We know LF loves cheezits for sure! Oh ya, so do i. :D :D
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline Hammerheart

• Lurker From The Dark
I would LOVE to purchase a remix/re-remastered version of The Eye, with newly recorded drums, if ONLY Snowy Shaw were to re-record them himself. He was in the band at the time, it would only be fair. If this were to happen, it would make The Eye even greater than Abigail!

Offline Satan's Portrait

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
I'm not sure if I posted in this thread yet, don't feel like searching...

But personally, I wouldn't want the drum sound changed. It's one of my favorite parts about the album.

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
I'm not sure if I posted in this thread yet, don't feel like searching...

But personally, I wouldn't want the drum sound changed. It's one of my favorite parts about the album.
ditto that. :cool:
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline Jack Glass

• Haunted
  • King Diamond & Hell, best two metal acts ever.
    • Hellman-666 Forum
I think it's really good the way it is as well, some may regard drum machines as imperfections and i can totally get with why people would like to hear the drums done again, but it's part of the KD history, part that makes each album so special, for posterity it should be left, but don't get me wrong, if Mikkey Dee instead of Snowy were to offer to do the drums on the remake, that might take some beating. However that might be disrespectful of the current line up, Matt is a great drummer in his own right, if the band as it is now were to re-do the whole album, would make for a very interesting listen, but I'd leave it as it is and concentrate on moving forward.

However, if The Eye turned out like the way Megadeth re-done Peace Sells or So Far So Good ect, I might be a bit dissapointed. Mustaine for me made a huge mistake re-releasing these albums with little added extra's, really killed the greatness of the originals for me, so I'd vote for keeping the recordings exactly as they are. I do agree that The Graveyard, Voodoo & Spiders could do with a re-vamp, but only using the original material. But being a KD/MF freak myself, I'd still buy all the remasters, no matter how much extra work was done on them...in King we trust.

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
if Mikkey Dee instead of Snowy were to offer to do the drums on the remake, that might take some beating.

no pun intended?  :P

I totally agree with your assessment, btw.  :cool:
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
Bring on the Pun :fingers: