Author Topic: Which King Diamond Album is Best for a Prequel ?  (Read 13141 times)

Offline amon 667

• Unborn
Which King Diamond Album is Best for a Prequel ?
« on: July 19, 2009, 07:52:41 pm »
I'm new & not sure whether this topic has been discussed before !

but interesting nevertheless..........

I'll go with either Abigail or Voodoo  :king:

Start !

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
Re: Which King Diamond Album is Best for a Prequel ?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 09:55:53 pm »
I have been wanting a third part to them/conspiracy since they came out. That would RULE!  To me these are kings best stories and charactors. Abigail is second. :king:
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline RIFF

• Uninvited Guest
  • Nuns have fun! Candles!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 10:12:12 pm »
id go for house of god followup, dunno but story on that album is creepiest to me somehow, and ofc them/conspiracy!
them cover gives me special feeling, dunno how to explain, i love it :) its so calm and nice, but on the other hand when u know the story behind it...
Where are you going with that knife?!?!?!?!

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 08:45:38 am »
Just imagine living in the THEM house! it would problubly be like the amityville horror. Ahhhhhhhh! >:( :D
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline Le Croix

• Desecrator Of Souls
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 09:02:03 am »
The Graveyard. Lucy might whisper nasty things from that backpack to King and that might cause proper mayhem  :D:
Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one

Offline MaliceReverence

• One Of "Them"
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 09:56:36 am »
Love To see a Sequel to THEM and Conspiracy, But a Sequel to the Puppet Master can be Good too  :king:
In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 10:07:18 am »
none of them

Offline chainsaw_buffet

• Possessed
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 10:34:55 am »
ill go with GMYS the story could be about were the girle in the bloody dress goes that would be cool but the album might get boring cause it would probably sound exactly like GMYS

Offline ...To the Morgue.

• Lurker From The Dark
    • https://www.facebook.com/dooms666day
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 05:43:35 pm »
I have been wanting a third part to them/conspiracy since they came out. That would RULE!  To me these are kings best stories and charactors. Abigail is second. :king:

Yeah I think this story could be both prequel & sequel story. King is he's one of them now and want revenge on Samael and Dr.Landau BUT instead of turning this into a simple revenge story.  We could learn more about the origin of Them, the house of Amon and why grand ma go into a asylum.  All this could lead to the one responsible of all this mess...grand pa....

I think if you add some a twists like Skeleton Key movie it could be a great follow up...

I know that a lot of peoples fear sequel after Abigail 2 which not reach expectation of everybody.  But I think King could bring something great with this story...I've always tough that it need to be a trilogy but not more...

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 07:42:22 pm »
@to the morgue. Right on! Great ideas! Thats basically how i feel about them/conspiracy to. mabey king will grant our wish. Mabey, hopefully, king is writing the third part as we speak. :)  :cool:

Offline ...To the Morgue.

• Lurker From The Dark
    • https://www.facebook.com/dooms666day
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 08:51:37 pm »
@to the morgue. Right on! Great ideas! That's basically how i feel about them/conspiracy to. maybe king will grant our wish. Maybe, hopefully, king is writing the third part as we speak. :)  :cool:

Maybe, but if he touch this story I think he will need to be very careful lyrically and musically...Probably more than writing a new concept...I think peoples have more expectations about a concept they already knew than brand new stuffs...

with a new story, King have the freedom to go in every directions he want : Lyrics/musics/production

But with a universe/story that are already known. I think he need to consider to give a similar atmosphere in everyway...and also need to give more than just copy/paste the old stuff/production which could become also disastrous IMO.

I'm sure it's not an easy task to work on a classic sequel like this and try to please everyone...

Offline RIFF

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 08:59:15 pm »
hmmm what about making one of the existing albums a sequel of the new story? that would be cool imo

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 10:09:15 pm »
@to the morgue @riff. No matter what happens, i feel since all the bad health things have happened to king last year that king is going to create something super amazing because he has had a lot of time to reflect and create a haunting story and charactors. :king:

Offline RIFF

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 12:41:16 am »
Just imagine living in the THEM house! it would problubly be like the amityville horror. Ahhhhhhhh! >:( :D

hehhe my ex gf once saw the cd in my car, she thought it strange and asked me "is this really heavy metal cd cover?" (she wasnt into metal at all and got used to monsters, blood, howitzers or something similar on em)
i just smiled and said like "you wouldnt believe how much metal that cover is" :)

@to the morgue @riff. No matter what happens, i feel since all the bad health things have happened to king last year that king is going to create something super amazing because he has had a lot of time to reflect and create a haunting story and charactors. :king:

ofc, i dont doubt that, only thing i fear is: when? :-/
DVDs, 4 album remasters, alot of work for King ahead, so new album might come in like 2 years :(

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 10:22:04 am »
none of them
ditto that. when King has such original story ideas, why spend an imagination like his on sequels & prequels? I can certainly understand why people would be interested in something like that, but my preference is to see a whole string of new albums with brand new stories.
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 11:23:48 am »
ditto that. when King has such original story ideas, why spend an imagination like his on sequels & prequels? I can certainly understand why people would be interested in something like that, but my preference is to see a whole string of new albums with brand new stories.

exactly

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 11:27:30 am »
@riff. You could be correct on the 2 year album plan, but i am predicting 2010 for the album and world tour. :king:  @azalin. I here you, a new story is always good to. :)

Offline janiperta

• Mandrake
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 11:00:03 am »
NONE! If something, I'd love to hear the story of Molly in full from Fatal Portrait. I think there's a promising story, that could be great when done properly... Now it's just few songs, and alot leaves to the dark.

Offline Rodr-Evil

• Uninvited Guest
  • Even Death May Die.
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 12:31:39 pm »
The eye for me!  :king:

Offline TheSentinel

• Mandrake
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 08:03:14 pm »
FP could be done, umm really you could read your history books and know the prequel to The Eye. I mean the story is about 95% accuate. Only the necklace is fake. Maybe late 2010 or early 2011 for album, unless Kngs writing it and not saying.

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 08:12:11 am »
I don't think a sequel or prequel would do any of the albums stories any justice.

King leaves his albums in such a great way that following them up just disrupts.
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 02:06:09 pm »
All i am asking for is one more sequal to them/conspiracy. It is my hope that king does this. :king:

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 04:46:52 pm »
do you mean for as King to come back as one of THEM?

oh btw...wouldn't grandma become one of THEM as well as Missy, and what about grandpa?

THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Room of the Golden Air

• Deadly Lullabye
  • Dying for a cup of tea!
    • dissentedpremise@myspace.com
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 04:59:17 pm »
I agree, a new one would rock  \m/
But the origins of AMON would probubly transcend that. I always have wondered:why was Grandma so Fuckin Crazy!!   :king:

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2009, 05:02:49 pm »
I agree, a new one would rock  \m/
But the origins of AMON would probubly transcend that. I always have wondered:why was Grandma so Fuckin Crazy!!   :king:
somethin to do with grandpa I read.
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!