Author Topic: Which King Diamond Album is Best for a Prequel ?  (Read 13474 times)

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
Re: Which King Diamond Album is Best for a Prequel ?
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 05:04:11 pm »
hehhe my ex gf once saw the cd in my car, she thought it strange and asked me "is this really heavy metal cd cover?" (she wasnt into metal at all and got used to monsters, blood, howitzers or something similar on em)
i just smiled and said like "you wouldnt believe how much metal that cover is" :)

ofc, i dont doubt that, only thing i fear is: when? :-/
DVDs, 4 album remasters, alot of work for King ahead, so new album might come in like 2 years :(

hasnt the remastering of the albums long been over?

he's sorting the bonus material now but that's about it.

I doubt they'll be an album in 2010 but who knows.

MF first by the sounds of things.
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 09:21:22 pm »
Though ive only heard bout 6 of his albums ( gotta special order ALL of them damnit ) I would like to hear a sequal to PM or a prequal to Them where we could find out what landed grannie into the nut hut.  Get a few songs from her experiences in the loony bin with some of the other cooc's and how she got invovled with the Them.  I dont know...ive always found the Asylums kinda spooky, in a way the King could do considerable justice to.

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 10:59:38 pm »
I worked in a convalescent home for a year back in 1999. I did housekeeping maintenence. Every day i thought about them and the graveyard. What would have really been strange is if king, in full makeup and wearing doctors clothes, would have walked out of one of the patients rooms. >:D :king:
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline Room of the Golden Air

• Deadly Lullabye
  • Dying for a cup of tea!
    • dissentedpremise@myspace.com
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 12:23:14 am »
Though ive only heard bout 6 of his albums ( gotta special order ALL of them damnit ) I would like to hear a sequal to PM or a prequal to Them where we could find out what landed grannie into the nut hut.  Get a few songs from her experiences in the loony bin with some of the other cooc's and how she got invovled with the Them.  I dont know...ive always found the Asylums kinda spooky, in a way the King could do considerable justice to.

Good one F.O.A.D.    :D

Offline janiperta

• Mandrake
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 10:16:47 pm »
I don't think a sequel or prequel would do any of the albums stories any justice.

King leaves his albums in such a great way that following them up just disrupts.

I agree. Even Conspiracy was a poor sequel. Them is in my opinion one of the best, if not THE best story he has ever written. It's unique, frightning and everything in it seems well thought. Conspiracy in my mind seems a typical 80's horror sequel. Just bring more of everything and it's fine. Like in the movies. The storyline is not so strong and it has parts there that are pretty much pointless. In Them, everything is in it's place, but Conspiracy's story seems to break once in a while. So I wouldn't want to see any more sequels/prequels to this story. But on the other hand, many good horror movies have been absolutely shit on part 2 but brilliant on part 3 (Hellraiser, Elm Street etc.), so third part in Them saga could be excellent. One thing, that would be awesome would be re-recording of Them. Those songs with today's sound would be great to hear...

Offline RIFF

• Uninvited Guest
  • Nuns have fun! Candles!
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2009, 03:09:22 am »
dont get me wrong guys, i also cant wait for dvds and remasters, but most of all id like NEW album! new stuff!
especially new MF album, but i can only dream of it seems so :(
Where are you going with that knife?!?!?!?!

Offline carlos rodrigues

• Spirit
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2009, 03:45:46 pm »
its fuckin hard because from early Mercyful fate until "the eye" its all classic albums!!!
well being forced to answer(!!!),i can say that "dont break the oath" its my favourite MF album and "fatal portrait/Abigail are my favourite KD albums!
well its 3 albums and not one, its not fair i know...but i cannot give you another answer!!! :king:

Stay heavy

Carlos Rodrigues

Offline bladestone9

• Owner Of The "LOA" House
  • Taste Religion...Lick A Witch!
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 07:14:59 pm »
I would also go with House of God. For one thing KING could tie in some of the very real legends and facts about what really happened to Jesus. I think the story of how Jesus ended up in the catacombs would be a great prequal.
I CAN'T GO TO HELL...SATAN STILL HAS THAT RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME.

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2009, 07:25:51 pm »
I agree Stone.  After just picking up House of God a week ago, i think that is my favorite album.  I love the story in it.  And a sequal or prequal would be pretty awesome.  Id love to find out what he found up the tower.  ( also reminds me of the end of the Dark Tower series by stephen KING LOL ) The beginning of the album reminds me of Dante's inferno though.  But i love that story so its all good. 

Offline Dr. Landau

• Haunted

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2009, 09:55:31 am »
.Im sticking to my campain of a third and final part to them-conspiracy. :king:
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2009, 11:07:47 am »
why rehash an old story something new and different would be much better.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 11:08:24 am by Maiden Jersey »

Offline Countess De La Fey

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2009, 11:59:19 am »
FP could be done, umm really you could read your history books and know the prequel to The Eye. I mean the story is about 95% accuate. Only the necklace is fake. Maybe late 2010 or early 2011 for album, unless Kngs writing it and not saying.

It wouldn't be surprizing if they'd told us that King is working on a new album...actually,didn't he already say that?!?

A prequel of THEM would kick ass!!! I wouldn't continue Conspiracy...that one ended exactly where it should've.I don't think Molly would be smth interesting,unless it would be more centered on her mother...it's not exactly much to talk about a little kid unless he/she is a demon/psychic or smth.
The Eye is kinda enough...The Graveyard told us about how the Lunatic went crazy,Voodoo could be twisted but then it would turn into a 'THEM' Vol. 2...Don't know what to say about The Sp. Lullaby...In HOG,he died,prequel could be smth original!TPM would lose it's touch if continued just like Conspiracy would...The Little Girlie in the Bloody Dress?? Moving to the next house left place for continuity but then again that was done only to keep it into the present tense(or not??!)...anyway...

I hope for something new,crazy,twisted and HORROR!!! Like every other album :gah:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 12:02:56 pm by Countess De La Fey »
\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2009, 06:09:06 pm »
As long as its dark, evil and people fucken die...i wouldnt really care.  All of his albums thus far as i can tell are all dark and evil in one way or the other.  I cant really see a black plague or some virus wiping out the world having the same feel to it.  Vampires are kinda played out and corny.  ( The lost boys was fucken cool though) .  Zombies Dont seem to fit his style either...unless it was just a part in the story.  Like someone walking in a grave yard and getting pulled into a grave by some reanimated dead guy. 

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2009, 10:08:03 pm »
@foad. :cool: :)

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2009, 10:53:29 pm »
@ Akillica  Love the Siggy by the way.  Fucken Rox \m/

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2009, 07:27:48 am »
Vampires are kinda played out and corny.  ( The lost boys was fucken cool though) .

ahahahahaha ,sorry.

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2009, 10:43:21 am »
@foad. :king: :cool: :)

Offline janiperta

• Mandrake
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2009, 02:51:16 am »
One thing, that would fit to King... This is not a prequel/sequel, but just popped to mind. My band made a song about Silent Hill, and I have a passion to create a whole conceptalbum based on that. But I'm not King Diamond, so I would love to hear the Maestro himself turn that place alive. The stories in the games are just brilliant, so it could be fun to see that happening. That place is really spooky, and I bet KD would make it work..... I can be digging ground underneath my band here, but what the hell... World has room for many songs about SH.

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2009, 02:21:36 pm »
One thing, that would fit to King... This is not a prequel/sequel, but just popped to mind. My band made a song about Silent Hill, and I have a passion to create a whole conceptalbum based on that. But I'm not King Diamond, so I would love to hear the Maestro himself turn that place alive. The stories in the games are just brilliant, so it could be fun to see that happening. That place is really spooky, and I bet KD would make it work..... I can be digging ground underneath my band here, but what the hell... World has room for many songs about SH.
one word: lawsuit.
(though back in the day im sure King said something about being a fan of the game)

THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2009, 02:23:27 pm »
As long as its dark, evil and people fucken die...i wouldnt really care. 

thinking about it....not a lot of people die in King's stories

sure people are dead...but not a lot of people are physically killed.
 :gah: :gah: :gah:
OK...i take it back

THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2009, 09:30:46 pm »
There may not be mass genocide in Kings stories, but they have their fun share of glass eating slow death, grandma stabbing, death by fire, baby feasting on mommy, burned alive in coffin, prostitute killing, angry axe wielding dad, human puppet bodies, suicide hanging, mental patient murders, body burned in fireplace type of chaos that we all can enjoy! :D :king:

Offline janiperta

• Mandrake
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2009, 02:01:34 am »
one word: lawsuit.
(though back in the day im sure King said something about being a fan of the game)

Just out of curiosity... How come a lawsuit? There's nothing wrong to use an existing story and make a song about that. (hundreds of bands do this) If you claim it to be yours, damn right you'll be sued, but if it's clear to everyone, that you are using existing story as a basis, there's nothing wrong with that...

One fact stays, though. King has never used existing stories in his album, and I bet he never will... Again I'm wrong. The Mad Arab is based on a book....

Offline CorpseWithoutASoul

• Mad Arab
  • Heaven or Hell... where are we now?
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2013, 11:23:13 pm »
I would love to see a prequel to the "Them"/Conspiracy story. I'd like to know the origin story of the ghosts of the house of Amon. I'd also very much like to know what happened to grandpa and why grandma was sent away for all those years before the beginning of the "Them" album.

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2013, 07:12:40 pm »
I believe King said that Grandma had Grandpa killed or killed him herself in a brutal way as I recall
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond