Author Topic: Just curious. Is there a sorta fued between KD and glenn benton(deicide)?  (Read 8062 times)

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
I read this on the net a bit ago. Let me first say that KD is the coolest ever! I did meet glenn once at a show and he was nice to me. So i am not judging at all. Anyone know how this fued started, if its true?
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline RIFF

• Uninvited Guest
  • Nuns have fun! Candles!
tbh never heared of such a thing, but now im curious too
Where are you going with that knife?!?!?!?!

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@riff. Me curious to. Mabey someone here knows. If this topic goes off the tracks quick then mabey its just a myth. Who knows? :D
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
There was some shit talking, but I can`t remember the details. I think Benton stood for most of it. As usual.
Like, whatever.

Offline RIFF

• Uninvited Guest
where did you find the article Akillica?

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
I remember seeing in some magazine once where Glen was trying to start some shit saying that King was not a real Satanist because he is to nice.  And also something about how if he ever met him, Glen would show him that he was the true Satanist by punching him and beating up and stupid stuff like that.  It was real silly like usual with Glen.
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
Sounds like an urban legend...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
It was mentioned to King once about how Glen kept going on about him, but King being a class act downplayed it and said how he never will say anything against another musician so why someone would have a problem with him makes no sense.
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@riff. Its pretty much what PRHILL said... I really cant recall exactly, but months ago i just googled something like deicide contraversies and this was in the story. Thats what i basically remember. I think glenn was just talking trash trying to be the more so called real satanist and some stuff like that. Its all school yard gibberish in my opinion. And as i mentioned before, i like both of them. I do like mf kd music more than deicides though. But deicide has a couple of great albums to. :)

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
I love Deicide, but the band members do seem to not be the brightest people in the world.  As far as Glen being a Satanist like King it is hard to tell.  Glen seems to change his beliefs a lot from what I have seen.  King on the other hand has remained strong in his beliefs since day one.  So you tell me who the real Satanist is? :king:

Offline simonjaime

• Up From The Grave
never heard about that did hear about him and venom though
18 is actually nine

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
actually King and Venom are very good friends, they have done some wild things together when they used to get drunk,  some great stories King has related in some interviews.  That so called fued between them was an act.  King and Venom felt that by insulting each other in the media it would give them both more publicity and it worked.

Offline simonjaime

• Up From The Grave
i never knew that,cool thanks man
18 is actually nine

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
your welcome.  King said it was just something silly they came up with when they were younger.  But they have been thrown out of hotels together due to getting drunk and howling at the moon.  One night one of the Venom guys threw a bottle at some girl and it broke in the hotel room, and later he stepped on it so King had to drive him to the hospital, but King was drunk and was driving off the road and stuff.  Then at the hospital King was pushing him in a wheelchair up and down the hospital halls.  Some great stories King related in this one interview I saw.

Offline simonjaime

• Up From The Grave
thats cool
18 is actually nine

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
Well, Glens band was named Amon before, but had to change it because of this:

After recording their second Amon-demo in 1989, Amon changed their name to Deicide. Roadrunner Records forced them to do that because there was a song called "'Amon' Belongs to 'Them'" on the King Diamond album, "Conspiracy."

I'm quite sure Glen wasn't all that happy to being forced to change the bandname. But who knows.

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
Well, Glens band was named Amon before, but had to change it because of this:

After recording their second Amon-demo in 1989, Amon changed their name to Deicide. Roadrunner Records forced them to do that because there was a song called "'Amon' Belongs to 'Them'" on the King Diamond album, "Conspiracy."

I'm quite sure Glen wasn't all that happy to being forced to change the bandname. But who knows.

Deicide stands out more as a band name...

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
Deicide stands out more as a band name...

Sure but that is irrelevant. It doesn't change that fact that Benton was forced to change the bandname due to King Diamond.

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
Sure but that is irrelevant. It doesn't change that fact that Benton was forced to change the bandname due to King Diamond.

Boo-Hoo...

Offline Thomas

• Lurker From The Dark
I remember reading an interview with Glenn Benton in a metal magazine in the early 90's (when Deicide was a new band) where he said stuff like prhill mentioned; KD are not a real satanist, etc, and also some extremely derogatory stuff about him and Anton La Vey. All for publicity, off course.

Deicide btw = Glenn Benton + hired hands. The Stench Of Redemption is a hell of an album though! Haven't listened to the last enough to comment on it.

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
Wow, i didnt know about the name change thing. Oh well, deicide is a way better name anyway. Mabey they will tour together one day and throw all this water under the bridge. If not then it would be a cool video game where king in full makeup battles all the people who went against him. :cool: :D:

Offline RIFF

• Uninvited Guest
@riff. Its pretty much what PRHILL said... I really cant recall exactly, but months ago i just googled something like deicide contraversies and this was in the story. Thats what i basically remember. I think glenn was just talking trash trying to be the more so called real satanist and some stuff like that. Its all school yard gibberish in my opinion. And as i mentioned before, i like both of them. I do like mf kd music more than deicides though. But deicide has a couple of great albums to. :)

ye, i love glen,deicide and vital remains so i was very sad to hear glen trash talkin about KD
that means i have to burn Deicide cds in a ritual  :cool: :D :king:

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@riff. LOL AWESOME! I wont burn my only deicide cd which is their first album, but i will mentally try and get glenn to enjoy some ice-cream and take it easy a bit. :) :D

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
if that whole Amon thing is true I'd be pretty pissed off too sure, it's not King Diamond's fault but come on...

not like he owns the rights to the word Amon, record labels are pure assholes sometimes.
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@beast regards. True, true. Record labels can be a real pain in the ass sometimes. :D