Author Topic: We all have favorite mf-kd albums. But in reality, every album is good or great!  (Read 16422 times)

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
.If i remember correctly, a few folks have mentioned that into the unknown and dead again are average. I respect those opinions, but these 2 albums are very good to me. Yes, 9 is awesome, but ITU and DA are cool! \m/
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline Satan's Portrait

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
Actually my top 3 favorite MF releases are Don't Break The Oath, Melissa and Dead Again. Sometimes Time takes that spot, but usually it's Dead Again. I love the raw production of that album, it's sounds very authentic like their 80s stuff. Not to mention it has some of the best songs the band has ever written. :D:

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
@satans portrait. I agree. Dead again brought back a rawness. Its definatly a vintage mf album. The lyrics are heavy to. Torture lyrics are like the eye on steroids! :king:
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline nik-battaglia-hates-obama

• Unborn
Best king and mercyful fate albums.
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2009, 12:18:26 pm »
THEM and MELISSA are the best. I love them all though. ROCK ON Kingsters and fate-sters. FUCKING METAL BABY!

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
yeath, Dead Again is supernatural a Master album for my test, is a raw material and kings voice is amazing, try to hear Banshee,Crossroads,Dead Again, Since Forever,the lady who cries, play attencion in each voice change according to the lyrics and the long song Dead Again king sounds like he was possesed
 :king:
BAMT

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
W
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2009, 01:32:16 pm »
@bolivarmaxi. Well said. One of mf's solid works. Cheers! :king:

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
Lyric wise, maybe. The stories is deinately the least complex of what he has done, but on a whole, I love TSL. There's not one filler song on there (yeah, I even like Six Feet Under :)).
to me the whole thing seemed really off, the sound is terrible and the lyrics really aren't much better, really unsophisticated and almost amateurish compared to his work previously...
I don't know why people insist on bashing Six Feet Under so much because for me it's the album's only reprieve.

THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
the title track Dead Again gave me chills the first time I heard it, and I just love that warm feel of the guitar and that real sense of insanity and 'slipping away'  it's definitely one of my favourite MF tracks for sure!
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Satan's Portrait

to me the whole thing seemed really off, the sound is terrible and the lyrics really aren't much better, really unsophisticated and almost amateurish compared to his work previously...
I don't know why people insist on bashing Six Feet Under so much because for me it's the album's only reprieve.

The whole album actually reminds me A LOT of Fatal Portrait. Not only due to the half story line, but the music in general. It's extremely melodic and King uses his falsetto quite often in both releases, moreso than in other albums. I guess the main difference is that FP had much better production.

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
well, for me Fatal Portrait sealed my love for King Diamond immediately, it's really dark, raw, evil sounding metal, like nothing I'd ever heard before, even in MF.  Also - I think Fatal Portrait has a lot more depth and interest to offer in it's story segment as well as the 'other songs' than Spider's Lullabye which was more trivial, almost nursery rhymish.  I think the only similarities I could make was the fact it's split in two....but that's about it, musically, lyrically, vocally it doesn't even come close for me.  I wish I could appreciate it more but I just don't.  Many times I've sat and listened and it just doesn't do much for me at all.  definitely my least fave.
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Satan's Portrait

I just think that if it had a more 80s production style job to it, then songs like Moonlight, Room 17 and To The Morgue would have sounded a lot more sinister. Also, that artificial drum sound worked a lot better on The Eye.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 06:33:51 pm by Satan's Portrait »

Offline Reno-diamond

• Spirit
I just think that if it had a more 80s production style job to it, then songs like Moonlight, Room 17 and To The Morgue would have sounded a lot more sinister. Also, that artificial drum sound worked a lot better on The Eye.
to the morgue is heavy as fuck. I do agree the production should have been better though. I do love morgue a lot. It ends the album perfect.
Ladies and gentlemen, HEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSS "KING DIAMOND" \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
who knows!  I'm really looking forward to the remasters, holding off buying those 4 albums until then.... I have all the others though! :D
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Reno-diamond

• Spirit
who knows!  I'm really looking forward to the remasters, holding off buying those 4 albums until then.... I have all the others though! :D
imo TSL & THE GRAVEYARD are the 2 that needed the shoe polish. Those are the 2 i will problubly rebuy when the remixes are done. :cool:   
Ladies and gentlemen, HEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSS "KING DIAMOND" \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

Offline Satan's Portrait

Reno-Diamond; I find really really nothing wrong with The Graveyard.

That aside, I doubt the remasters will really make any difference to its listeners. Usually with remasters, all we get is some extra volume (and bonus tracks)! The CDs always sound much louder, that's pretty much it.

Hey! Just out of curiosity, I think I'll re-buy them as well... :D:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 02:51:39 am by Satan's Portrait »

Offline Jack Glass

• Haunted
  • King Diamond & Hell, best two metal acts ever.
    • Hellman-666 Forum
I think it's great there's so many people that love so many different things about KD/MF music and at the same time still pipe in with their own views and not be totally blinded by Kings genius, which to be honest I am sometimes guilty of, but that's what die hard fans are like.

I would certainly agree that Voodoo and Graveyard need to be remastered properly and I won't hesitate to by them all. I've already got albums like the original Abigail on LP, Pic Disc, Tape, Original CD, Remastered CD, The Abigail + DVD Release, The Two from The Vault release as well, thats like 7 versions of the same album, did the same for every KD album since they came out, although I need to get the normal CD & LP of HOG as I only have that in digi pack, tape & pic disc, lol, not bragging by the way, so don't take me the wrong way, just emphasising my love King Diamonds music, I could play his albums all day, every day...people may think that's a bit anal, but hey...it floats my boat.  :P

King enters the room and we take a bow \m/

Offline fatekingfate

• Salem
    • Bloody Face (official band website)
Re: KING DIAMOND - At The Graves (3-DVD set)
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2009, 12:38:03 pm »
I agree with topic writer and topic. Besides a few minor quirks on some albums, its all good and great to me. \m/

Offline Thomas

• Lurker From The Dark
I think there's a huge difference between the best and the "worst" of both KD and MF. Funny thing is that great albums are spread over his entire career, from mid 80's to this day. That's rare.