Author Topic: /Ozzfest/comments on Metallica/KD guest appearance 2008  (Read 10907 times)

Offline BLACKEAGLEOFETERNITY

• Witches' Eye
  • NDK Team
/Ozzfest/comments on Metallica/KD guest appearance 2008
« on: August 18, 2009, 04:46:31 pm »
 Did anyone else hear James Hetfield say;"Don't fuck up" while they were on stage just seconds before the music started?
     I decided to erase my comment 98%f it anyway.It's Personal.I hope I did'nt offend anyone!Apologies to all. :cool:

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 08:57:36 am by BLACKEAGLEOFETERNITY »
so many blackened wings

Offline fathermalone

• Holy Shrine
    • myspace
Re: Comments/Ozzfest/ Metallica/KD guest appearance 2008
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 05:00:42 pm »
James wasn't talking to King, he was talking to himself. You can hear him quietly mutter right after that "Uh I'm just talking to myself". I honestly don't think he even knew he said it into the mic at first. James looks up to King as he was a big influence to him and his band in the early 80's. He probably was just a little nervous about messing up if anything.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 05:47:23 pm by fathermalone »

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
Re: Comments/Ozzfest/ Metallica/KD guest appearance 2008
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 05:05:45 pm »
If you were H.P.Lovecraft, you would have signed your post "Your Humble and Faithful Servant"

Just kidding. I agree that James was probably just trying to make doubly sure that things went as they were supposed to. He obviously realized how important King was, even if their audience probably didn't.
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline BellwitchMF

• Angel Of Light
  • R.I.P Mr Ronnie James Dio \m/ \m/
Re: /Ozzfest/comments on Metallica/KD guest appearance 2008
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 07:59:53 pm »
james was talking to him self,if you would of listened another 5 secs! instead of creating this paragraph long rant! we all know KD/MF are number 1!metallica is cool,but fact is they never have and never will stand up to KD/MF ! :king:

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 08:46:02 pm »
.I thank metallica for being great supporters and fans of mf-kd. Sure i was heart broken where metallica swayed from 1991 to 2003, but at least they and millions of fans love mf-kd. HAIL MF-KD! :king: :cool:   And james loves king. He respects king. Even i murmer things outloud when in a concentrated atmosphere. :)
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline Vlad the Impaler

• Charon
  • The Saw is Family.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 09:05:10 pm »
As big and as important as it was for King to sing with Metallica for that moment in time, James's nervousness
understandable. And they pulled it off Hugely!! That video is one of the coolest videos there is. At least as far as I'm concerned.  :cool:  I'd love to see Metallica and King share the stage again on tour someday. Now that would be a Tour of Epic Proportions.  :king:
Pain has a face, Allow me to show it to you.

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 09:12:29 pm »
@vlad the impailer. Well said! :king:
And god said to adam and eve, "you may listen to mf/kd, but dont eat those apples over there".

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 01:40:57 am »
Did anyone else hear James Hetfield say;"Don't fuck up" while they were on stage just seconds before the music started?
I know that James ,Lars & Kirk are really into Mercyful Fate,and always have been.James came off like a bully!Like, he was the boss that night.Although (the composer) of the songs that they performed, "KD", was Center Stage and at the helm, as well as at the center of any fan of MF's attention.Unfortunately most of the Metallica fans at that show have never even heard of KD or MF.For all the fans know,MF is a song.According to the Metallica LP I am refering too.Garage Inc?I believe.Quote; unquote; I can recall on several occasions when hearing the Metallica version playing somewhere, by those, unaware of the origin of MF Melissa.The point that I am trying to get across is that MF should have been given credit years ago through the Band that used songs to pave it's way around the world, far away from the scene of yesterdays' Thrash era & long overdue recognition of the very band Idolized by a band that could never be as great as the "Dead Boys Choir" MF!..So whether your a fan of both bands MF/Metallica or not,there has been alot of questions in the curious minds of the of Metal Heads from the 80's NWOBHM days.This Recent Outpouring Of Norwegian Black Metal is what is running full bore,today. So by leading a following of a genre that was lying dormant during the short lived Grunge Era is as Undead as the Founders of a style of music that just keeps getting harder and more extreme as technology becomes key in my world,dominated by Heavy Metal Music.Where did Metallica go?What genre are they now?Better Than You?Napster was a bump in the road.Expendable Bassists moving on,away from the attitudes & Egos that cover the faces of the superstars disguising themselves as wolves & Men.Unlike the thousands of bands from the 'thrashing days' of the 80's that have vanished, King Diamond & Mercyful Fate have maintained a consistant style & sound reputation for nearly 30 exciting years.Both bands fronted by the same brilliant Dane, KD/MF obviously different & as unique as they are.
I feel that I have wandered off of the beaten path of the Ozzfest Subject,so as I close this topic I would like all of you to know that I am not just a Fan with nothing better to do at the moment.My opinion does'nt mean shit and for all you know I could be H.P.Lovecraft.But I'm not.I just had to comment on the footage I saw on the net.I do acknowledge the business aspect between Metallica & MF.I am just a long time fan seeing people and things for who and what they are. :king:I, as a fan try o obtain as much info as possible about the bands I listen too.I would hope that the ozzfest gig helped to gain more of a fan base for King Diamond & Exposure.I do give Metallica props on making any thing happen for the benafit of KD/MF.As long as I have been a fan, Metallica was always not too far off, like family.I met James and King on the same date in 1987 on James B-Day.I made these two bands part of my life some 25 odd years ago.I watched as Metallica became who they'd become through death they seemed uncertain of the future from the fateful loss of the late Cliff Burton.RIP.Which would ultimately,inevitably change the direction of the four horsemen as they lost in my opinion the Idea & Vision of Metallica percieved by Ex Bassist C.B. .Now only three.Never were they to ever sell out.Anti Media all the way,only to be labeled as an Underground ThrashMetal Giant.Like Godzilla they became the main attraction to millions of die hard Metallicatz Worldwide.Once they reached the top they would fly to the ends of the earth,changing they're image as long hair was shaven by the plad competeders from Seattle.They're wardrobe would also follow suit with yesterdays rags suddenly became 'The things that should not be'.Not to mention the entire image of the Metallica that Millions of fans thought they new & liked.?.Within the metal scene, a nasty curveball was thrown to fans as well as to fellow musicians,business associates & awe filled the faces as sighs of disappointment were heard, loud and clear.I saw it all go down.I had to look away from the indifference & conciet that was now worn by Cuban Druglords disguised as Metallica.It contradicted the very code of ethics ,if you will,& songwriting of the band as well./In a frenzied Madness with your leathers & your spikes/.Suffering from whiplash at another bands performance was no strange coincidence for ex Metallica fans.Megadeth was seen in a different light along with the rest of the Metal community.Fans may have gotten a glimpse of the Metallica that was kept in the darkside where former band member Dave Mustaine was cast to the streets & booted from the band for allegedly losing his self control do to his excessive drinking.I know now that without Mustaine,Metallica would not be.

I'm sorry but what a crock of shit.  Are you actually talking to the forumers here or are you writing your own book about Metallica history or what?  What started off as a silly snap-judgement on your part turned into mostly nothing more except a long-winded hate speech and a lot of it biased, ignorant and just plain wrong.

Oh btw, and if it wasn't for that Mercyful Fate medley on Garage, Inc.  I doubt I would have ever discovered 'Mercyful Fate' or 'King Diamond' without Metallica.  ...that was years ago! I consider now them two of my favourite bands and music, everyone has to start somewhere.   

Nice way of getting your issues with Metallica out but! ::)

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 01:41:57 am by Beast_Regards »
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 08:52:22 am »
James may be a lot of things in his past, but one fact is for sure, james loves king diamond! *akillica huggs everyone* :king: :) :cool:

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 09:16:49 am »
Sorry but I'm just so tired of everyone shitting on Metallica, they have their own problems with them now sounding tired and frankly, terrible.   But it seems around here people take the slightest excuse to bash them for anything.

It's a well established fact King and Metallica are friends, leave them alone
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Red Dragon

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 09:59:39 am »
not really related to the post but I damn near shat myself when lars said king was comin out that night  :king:

Offline Akillica

• Lady In Black
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 09:56:28 pm »
@red dragon \m/   @beast regards. You are correct, met has had their own past problems, but king and met are good friends. :king: :cool:

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 10:37:13 pm »
Exactly.  if it werent for Tallica, the greatest fucken band EVER.  i would never have heard of that shitty singer King Diamond and that god awful band MF.  Pffft comparing the Metal Gods to MF.  ::)

TON humor

Offline BLACKEAGLEOFETERNITY

• Witches' Eye
  • NDK Team
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 05:27:43 am »
Why are you on this Forum?Should'nt you be on a Metallica site?Or is it that Metallica just does'nt have time for Breadfans?Go Die, Now!
so many blackened wings

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 07:20:59 am »
not really related to the post but I damn near shat myself when lars said king was comin out that night  :king:
thats right......you were there, werent you?

you lucky SOB  :P
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 08:04:23 am »
Why are you on this Forum?Should'nt you be on a Metallica site?Or is it that Metallica just does'nt have time for Breadfans?Go Die, Now!

Please try to not act like an asshole. Het and the gang are huge fans of MF, and Het even says he`s talking to himself. This is a great forum, which doesn`t need shitty remarks like you post here.
Like, whatever.

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 08:12:45 am »

Don't you know sarcasm when you read it?
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 08:26:38 am »
Don't you know sarcasm when you read it?

what did you say asshole !!  :gah: :P

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 10:47:23 am »
How dare you!!!!

;)
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 10:47:56 am »
How dare you!!!!

;)

why you dirty son of a bitch  :gah:

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 10:50:42 am »
"Don't fuck up" is of course out of respect to King. Hetfield says that to himself since it's King himself who will be singing.

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 11:47:28 am »
"Don't fuck up" is of course out of respect to King. Hetfield says that to himself since it's King himself who will be singing.

Who cares about facts when you can make up shit?
Like, whatever.

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 12:49:18 pm »

exactly!  :gah:

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 12:57:44 pm »

Hehe, you've got a point.  :)

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 06:57:54 pm »

thanks Hunts and Natas.  Im glad you two caught that lol. I didnt think it was that hard to figure out. hehe Hence the TON humor TON= Type of (FUCKEN) Negative.  Another truely shitty band.   :fingers:

You take things way to seriously Eagle.  With that Attitude, The Peeps at the TON forum would tear you appart.  Flaming is highly encouraged there. 

Besides, the day i joined the metallica forum i was hella drunk and talked alot a shit bout em, woke up the next day and found the pussies banned me hahaha!!!!! \m/  that was like 2 years ago.  I love metallica, but i must have hurt thier presious little egos lol.   ::)